Myflightbook & Recap

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
On their website, Foreflight has “Recap” which allows you to see an annual summary of your flights including a map (if you use their logbook) ; anyone know if MFB has something similar?

It just has airports visited it doesn't show the actual tracks

You can easily export the data into google maps. Like if you click my signature. I haven’t done it for awhile though.

You can easily export the data into google maps. Like if you click my signature. I haven’t done it for awhile though.
ps when I click your sig, I see a nice (blank) map of conus

On their website, Foreflight has “Recap” which allows you to see an annual summary of your flights including a map (if you use their logbook) ; anyone know if MFB has something similar?
For a map view, go to Airports > Visited Airports. Click the "Change Query" to choose a date range, or to filter by dozens of other flight properties.

I don't know what FF's "recap" looks like or what data it includes, but check MFB's "Totals" and "Analysis" pages (Logbook > Totals or Logbook > Analysis) and see if that's similar. Again, filter by dates and/or dozens of other flight properties.

MFB does a jillion things. Click around through the website menus and play around with it.

Last edited:
In the MyFlightBook website, go to Airports —> Visited Airports. Filter your flights as desired. Between the list of flights and the map, mark the checkbox for “Show Routes.” Zoom the map as desired.

Yes, you can produce a map filtered by any year or date range you like (or almost any other filter you can think of, like make/model of airplane, category of airplane, flights in a specific aircraft, flights in tailwheel aircraft, flights that were dual instruction (received or given), etc.)

Here is mine for 2023:

1704599933214.png

Yes, you can produce a map filtered by any year or date range you like (or almost any other filter you can think of, like make/model of airplane, category of airplane, flights in a specific aircraft, flights in tailwheel aircraft, flights that were dual instruction (received or given), etc.)

Here is mine for 2023:

View attachment 124106
I think the Foreflight logbook developers got jealous of MFB’s capability and copied it :D

Funny, it’s this feature that helped me repair a lot of logging typos.

By the way, If you aren't using MyFlightbook, you should especially if you are working toward a goal.
For each check ride, just print this out and staple it to the front of your logbook give it to the examiner I like that it does this for you.

I have never used another E-LogBook but this has a lot of really useful features.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 203054.png

Screenshot 2024-01-29 203335.png

this has a lot of really useful features.
I think that’s mostly because MFB is dedicated to only one task and has been doing it and adding features for over 17 years. I always saw the later addition of logbook functions to EFBs to be an “all things to all people” convenience.

It also tells you that winter has been so crappy that you haven't flown in a while. Ugh.

Screenshot_20240130_055241_MyFlightbook.jpg

I have to learn how to transfer from Foreflight to MFB!!!

I have to learn how to transfer from Foreflight to MFB!!!
Haven't done FF to MFB specifically, but I'm sure FF has an "export to CSV" option. Then just import that to MFB and do a little massaging of column names, and you should be set.

You can import directly to mfb from foreflight, no csv necessary, but one one flight at a time as far as I know.

Haven't done FF to MFB specifically, but I'm sure FF has an "export to CSV" option. Then just import that to MFB and do a little massaging of column names, and you should be set.
It does. Basic understanding of spreadsheets is all that's required.

The one thing you will lose are digital signatures.

BTW, in terms of what MFB can do in terms of setting the parameters, on a lark, I decided to do a map of all my flights as a student pilot (shown). I earned my private in December 1990. Also kinda cool (not shown), you can download the kml and import that into Foreflight as a custom map layer. so you can see it on aviation charts.

1706710938588.png

I must not have had my ipad connected to my G3X system on every flight since only some of them show up. I have Garmin Pilot too so maybe I can get the info from it or my G3X system data. I would like to have a map with all my flights shown.

Here is mine for 2023:

View attachment 124106
Russ, what are you using to make this map? I have the data from Garmin but not sure how to make the map. Thanks

Russ, what are you using to make this map? I have the data from Garmin but not sure how to make the map. Thanks
He's using the same thing I did to make mine. Russ uses MyFligthtBook as his logbook. It's one of the capabilities of the system.

Not Garmin data, just his logbook entries.

He's using the same thing I did to make mine. Russ uses MyFligthtBook as his logbook. It's one of the capabilities of the system.

Not Garmin data, just his logbook entries.
Thanks. I will check it out and see how I have to enter the data.

Thanks. I will check it out and see how I have to enter the data.
Like in a logbook. Finish a flight. Log the flight. For the past, if you have already been logging electronically (I have since the early 1990s) it's export/import. If not, you are going to do it manually, flight by flight, to get what we do. (You can do catch up entries, but those aren't going to show each airport or each route.)

Keep in mind that for both Russ and I, MFB is our standard, every day, logbook. We're not doing anything special other than logging electronically rather than on paper.

I kinda wish that I'd recorded the actual waypoint/airway routing for my old flights.... that would be an interesting map to study...

I kinda wish that I'd recorded the actual waypoint/airway routing for my old flights.... that would be an interesting map to study...
You can download KML tracks for flights from ADSBExchange and import those to flights in your logbook. I’ve done that a couple times when I didn’t record the log in MFB or ForeFlight in the airplane.

I should have replied sooner; been somewhat offline. Yes, MyFlightbook has had this for years and years. Go to Training->Achievements and scroll down. By default, it shows you all time, but you can select previous year to get the recap for the previous year. Note that if you subscribe to the weekly/monthly emails, it includes the previous year automatically in the Jan 1 email.

Here's mine for reference for 2023:
1707322554026.png
As others have mentioned above, you can also get maps of your flying by going to Airports->Visited airports. You can even get a map that colors in states/countries that you've landed at.

Back