My pet is blind from the eclipse

Anymouse

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Total Stud Bush Pilot
It’s all my fault. A few years ago when I built my new house, I adopted a rock. He was just sitting there and looked sad, so I painted some eyes on him so he could see me flying. Obviously, since I wanted him to see me flying, I painted his eyes looking up in the sky.

Well, this morning I checked on Rocky and noticed his eyes were glazed over. He had looked directly at the eclipse for the entire time, including the totality. Now he’s blind. I should have taken better care of him. I should have painted some eclipse glasses on him to protect his eyes. I feel so horrible.

Folks, be sure to take care of your pet rocks during the next eclipse!

pics or I might actually believe you have a pet rock*.

*I had a massive rock in my back yard at the house i grew up in. di'nt have no eyes painted on him tho.

I can bear to take a more recent picture...

IMG_6789.jpg

I would suggest candling his / her ears to remove toxins from the area that may impact the optic nerve (and remove all the ear wax, of course).

Not to over simplify but in this case direct eye replacement is the recommended course of action. Once you've moved past denial and are ready to move on then choose between replacement with new or used eyes. For new eyes just go to a paint store and ask for "samples" - this route is cheap but the outcome can be uncertain depending upon paint quality and your skill. Used eyes are tougher since you'll have a lot of leg work to identify candidates and then you'll need to be proficient with hammer and chisel. One wrong blow and ya gotta start all over.

why is your pet rock spitting out a russet potato?

What you say can't possibly be true. There's no valid science behind an eclipse. The whole thing was a cover for the New World Order to blacken the skies with chemtrails. Your pet rock was blinded by chemtrails. The good news is his vision might return. The bad news is you will never be able to count on your pet rock to "fight the power" again.

Take him to your local rockthomologist. I'm sure he's only a stone's throw away. You might find that he simply has a bad case of catarocks.

Ironically, I viewed the eclipse while visiting a veterinary hospital. I watched totality at a picnic outside, then a few minutes later I went inside for a tour. The first room I was shown was the opthalmology clinic.

It was the only eye clinic I've been to, where there's nothing at all on the wall. No eyechart. No projector screen.

Dont worry, he will be OK he is just stoned .

Yeah, but it's likely medical marijuana that the Rocksthomologist recommended for catarock relief (I'm sure @Anymouse made that appointment quickly since the doc's office is only a stone's throw away). Anyway, Any might be petrified to think about how Rocky might act if he's stoned all day though. Stoners tend to live a very sedimentary lifestyle. But if it's for Rocky's good then I suppose Any should toughen up and be boulder.

Medical marijuana is so expensive though. But, if it's really important to him, I guess Any could stand out on the cobblestone street and gravel for money. The other problem is that some local cops prey on MM users and Any certainly doesn't want Rocky to become their quarry (ore have them tailing him all day). I'd hate to see Rocky get into trouble with the local cops, he's seems to be so down to earth from what Any says.

Just another example of how we should never take our health for granite.

Last edited:
I think he may have gotten autism as well. Did you vaccinate the rock?

Back