Display name:
Jon
I swear God does not want me to own a plane

• Found the right airplane at the right price - check
  • Found reputable A&P for pre-buy to an annual inspection - check
  • Have cashiers’ instruments in hand for the deposit - check
  • Have insurance and tie-down lined up - check
But and there is always a but!

The day before I was supposed to drive down to do the initial inspection of the airplane initiate the paperwork I climbed up on a ladder and got hit by a gust of wind... low and behold - they were clocked at between 65 and 85 mph in the area that day. After 6 hours of surgery and a previous injury, I have so much titanium in my arm it probably speaks Russian. Hopefully, though with my appointment next week to the brace comes off and the PT starts, and back into the air, I get. Unfortunately, the owner who is very sympathetic to my situation sold the plane so here I am looking again. The x-ray below is not my arm per se but pretty darn close to it!!!!!

Anyway, the PSA here if you're going to climb a ladder, be sure to have a spotter

Guess I need a 337!!!:D

5-Figure2-1.png

Now I know why my oldest son refers to himself as a “bone mechanic”. There’s some heavy metal there and lots of screws. I’ve had a fair amount of metal myself from a motorcycle but the Army made me remove most of it. Hope all heals quickly and you can move forward with a plane purchase.

So I won’t tell you about my old buddy Larry, who fell off a ladder washing his airplane about this time of year; stepped on something in his yard around Easter time that gave him some nasty staph inspections; just about the time he was recovering from that, he was riding bicycle and was the victim of a hit-and-run; then at Thanksgiving his neighbor was deep frying the turkey in a wooden trailer, which naturally caught fire, and in an attempt to help out, Larry got second-degree burns down his whole right side.

nope...don’t wanna scare ya, so I won’t tell you about it.

So I won’t tell you about my old buddy Larry, who fell off a ladder washing his airplane about this time of year; stepped on something in his yard around Easter time that gave him some nasty staph inspections; just about the time he was recovering from that, he was riding bicycle and was the victim of a hit-and-run; then at Thanksgiving his neighbor was deep frying the turkey in a wooden trailer, which naturally caught fire, and in an attempt to help out, Larry got second-degree burns down his whole right side.

And my wife thinks I spend a lot of time in the ER.

Where's the gofundme?

We have the technology........

upload_2021-3-26_10-13-38.jpeg

I swear God does not want me to own a plane

• Found the right airplane at the right price - check
  • Found reputable A&P for pre-buy to an annual inspection - check
  • Have cashiers’ instruments in hand for the deposit - check
  • Have insurance and tie-down lined up - check
But and there is always a but!

The day before I was supposed to drive down to do the initial inspection of the airplane initiate the paperwork I climbed up on a ladder and got hit by a gust of wind... low and behold - they were clocked at between 65 and 85 mph in the area that day. After 6 hours of surgery and a previous injury, I have so much titanium in my arm it probably speaks Russian. Hopefully, though with my appointment next week to the brace comes off and the PT starts, and back into the air, I get. Unfortunately, the owner who is very sympathetic to my situation sold the plane so here I am looking again. The x-ray below is not my arm per se but pretty darn close to it!!!!!

Anyway, the PSA here if you're going to climb a ladder, be sure to have a spotter

Guess I need a 337!!!:D

5-Figure2-1.png

Sorry to hear. Stick with the PT, it will help get you going again.

I'm also a member of the titanium club, between my left wrist and humorous I have 18 screws and three fixators. Still have the xray of the wrist, wish I had one of the distal spiral fracture.

xray.jpg

Wishing you a fast healing and full recovery.

Those parts look as expensive as some of the stuff Textron/Cessna sells..

Wishing you much luck with your recover. Plus the value of your remains, when the time comes, just increased quite a bit.

I have a titanium T and about 20 pins in my wrist. When the doc described the break as a “crunch” I knew it would be interesting. Wise comment above about sticking / hard core on the PT. Plus you have a cool scar to show off now.

Oof. Hope you heal quickly!

I guess the bright side is that you'll get frequent pat-down status with the TSA.... :rolleyes:

So sorry for your injury. I HATE ladders!!

In 1972 I bought a house on Queen Anne Hill. My neighbor was secretary to the president of Lockheed shipbuilding. He was so valuable to the company that he didn't retire till he was 65.

On his first day of retirement, he decided to clean his gutters. He fell off his ladder, was in a full-body cast for three months..........then died.

. .......he didn't retire till he was 65.

On his first day of retirement ......He fell off his ladder, was in a full-body cast for three months..........then died.

Do a lot of motivational speaking? “Well high school young ones - study well so you can get a job, work hard your entire life and then die”

:)

Back