My First POLL

Will the new FAA Med procedure help me, hurt me, or not affect me ?

• Yes it will help me

Votes: 26 41.9%
  • Will hurt me

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Not affect me

Votes: 35 56.5%

• Total voters
Won't affect me now but may help in the unknown future.

At 55 I am one simple event or condition that one could loose a medical...so many of my friends cant fly and are perfectly capable for one reason or another under the old system. At 40 I would not have worried about it I was still bulletproof...not so much anymore...I am trying to figure out now if I want to spend money on my Arrow to upgrade a few things which I would not have done prior to this,or step up to something faster and more capable even though the Arrow fits 95% of my needs and in reality a nice setup to begin with...I hate to waste money and that chance has been diminished as any investment will be able to be utilized by me for years, unless I get hit by a bus, under the new system. I feel I am the guy that change helps the most to continue in GA. I fly for personal enjoyment, ease of travel, and relaxation.

It could help massive amounts of people in the future as they age.

But for now, it doesn't affect me.

Darn, saw the title and thought this thread was about something completely different. Carry on

Probably going to stay with the class 3 medical,if anything changes,I would probably go light sport,at my age speed is not a priority.

I clicked help me but I could just as easily said it won't affect me because I am among the many that expect it to be of help in the future.

How can it hurt? We still have the option to keep your medical do we not?

The only people that can probably justify checking "will hurt me" are AME's.

My personal Doc also does my flight physical, so I'll be sticking with the old fashioned way for now I guess.

It'll help GA, so though it doesn't directly help me as an airman right now, it still helps me as someone who loves GA.

My personal Doc also does my flight physical, so I'll be sticking with the old fashioned way for now I guess.

Is it who I think it is? How much time does that guy have left? I like him. In and out quicker than, well you get the point. And he never wants to play with my junk

Is it who I think it is? How much time does that guy have left? I like him. In and out quicker than, well you get the point. And he never wants to play with my junk

Name like a bird? I used him when I flew for the airline and had to have a First Class every 6 months. I did have him give a finger wave once. Good guy. My personal down him in Shelby Cty, she does 2dn & 3rd only. She never plays with my junk either, and glad she doesn't! :eek:

Name like a bird? I used him when I flew for the airline and had to have a First Class every 6 months. Good guy. My personal down him in Shelby Cty, she does 2dn & 3rd only. She never plays with my junk either, and glad she doesn't! :eek:

I'll stick with the bird until I move to Baton Rouge

no effect on me really now. I'm an airline guy so i need that 1st class anyway.

Back