Multiengine VFR-only limitation

Even with the edit, I still have no idea what you're asking. Which questions?
She said she had the right answer for 2 of the question she got wrong, and changed it. Since they don't actually tell you what you got wrong, only the category the question is in, how does she know which questions she got wrong and secondly, that the answer she had in the first place would have been correct.

She said she had the right answer for 2 of the question she got wrong, and changed it. Since they don't actually tell you what you got wrong, only the category the question is in, how does she know which questions she got wrong and secondly, that the answer she had in the first place would have been correct.

Still in the wrong thread...

LOL I don't know how the heck that happened.

I’m confused (which is easy). If a ASEL private pilot (no IFR) jumps right into private AMEL, do they have the ‘VFR-only’ text on the back?

Same question for ASEL commercial pilot (no IFR) jumps right into commercial AMEL?

I’m trying to figure out which event causes the ink ‘VFR-only’ to appear on the piece of plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’m confused (which is easy). If a ASEL private pilot (no IFR) jumps right into private AMEL, do they have the ‘VFR-only’ text on the back?

Same question for ASEL commercial pilot (no IFR) jumps right into commercial AMEL?

I’m trying to figure out which event causes the ink ‘VFR-only’ to appear on the piece of plastic.

“VFR only” doesn’t appear on the certificate...it just doesn’t say “instrument airplane”

61.133(b) Limitations.
A person who applies for a commercial pilot certificate with an airplane category or powered-lift category rating and does not hold an instrument rating in the same category and class will be issued a commercial pilot certificate that contains the limitation, “The carriage of passengers for hire in (airplanes) (powered-lifts) on cross-country flights in excess of 50 nautical miles or at night is prohibited.

“VFR only” doesn’t appear on the certificate...it just doesn’t say “instrument airplane”

So where do we keep getting pages dedicated to removing said ‘VFR-only’ limitation?

If I’m PP (or commercial, shouldn’t matter) ASEL and AMEL with no IFR, and then finally go take my IFR ride in a single, what appears on the plastic?

So where do we keep getting pages dedicated to removing said ‘VFR-only’ limitation?

If I’m PP (or commercial, shouldn’t matter) ASEL and AMEL with no IFR, and then finally go take my IFR ride in a single, what appears on the plastic?

If you get your instrument rating in a single engine airplane AFTER you have the multi engine rating, there will be a imitation on the multi engine rating.

If you get your instrument rating in a single engine airplane AFTER you have the multi engine rating, there will be a imitation on the multi engine rating.

Gotcha. Thanks.
Ryan’s letter was interesting. I always thought it was an option for an IFR ASEL person taking the AMEL to shoot the approach or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was "PRIVATE PILOT, AIRPLANE SINGLE AND MULTIENGINE LAND" before I got the instrument rating. No limitations on the ticket because it didn't say "INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE" yet.

When I took my instrument airplane checkride I had to take it in the twin. That added "INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE". That was all in the mid-1980s when you needed 250 TT (200?) for the instrument rating.

When I took my commercial pilot checkride, I did all of the maneuvers in a C-152 then went right back out and did the multiengine and complex tasks in the twin. That replaced "PRIVATE PILOT" with "COMMERCIAL PILOT". If I hadn't flown both, the commercial privileges would have only applied to the Class flown on the checkride.

I added ATP in 1990 but only did it in the twin. It now says "AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT, AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND". No "INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE" any more as the ATP is an instrument rating. It also says, "COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES, AIRPLANE SINGLE-ENGINE LAND".

Under LIMITATIONS, Two of my type ratings say "SIC PRIVELEDGES ONLY", from when only SIC type ratings were required for part 121 F/Os, and four of my types say "CIRC. APRCH - VMC ONLY". These days, F/Os get full PIC type ratings and few, if any, part 121 operators do circling approaches so there's no reason to train for them.

Back