Moving to Dallas, TX. Property tax on an airplane?

mtuomi

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
dera
So, just signed a lease and we're moving to Dallas 1st of June. I'm in the market to buy an airplane, does anyone have first hand experience on how much they will rip me off per year in property tax if I own an airplane?

None whatsoever, unless it is a business asset.

(Facepalm)

Where you gonna be living? It's a great area for flying.

Also, a PROPERLY STRUCTURED purchase will be sales tax exempt, as well. Texas has an "occasional sale" exemption.

I am not biased. It is the finestest kind airplane that I have for sale.

(Facepalm)

Where you gonna be living? It's a great area for flying.

Also, a PROPERLY STRUCTURED purchase will be sales tax exempt, as well. Texas has an "occasional sale" exemption.

Ok that's great news.

I'll be living in Northwood Hills in north Dallas. Addison is a short drive away. I'm based in KDAL so convenient commute for that as well.

I love a Lance, but I'm looking for a Lance or maybe a Cherokee 6/300.
The Cherokee 6 is faster than the turbo Dakota down low but it does burn more gas. Horses for courses.

The Cherokee 6 is faster than the turbo Dakota down low but it does burn more gas. Horses for courses.

I meant to say I love a Dakota on that post...

But yeah, we need the room of a 6 seater, so that's why I'm looking at C6 or Lance.

@mtuo ... @Rykymus was saying sumthin about putting his aircraft up for sale.

IIRC there are taxes involved at Arlington and/or Grand Prairie. That is the explanation I was given for the club planes staying at Meacham.

And yes, there are a couple of shares in a PA32-300 / C177RG club available. www.six4asix.com for details.

One of us, one of us, Ȍ̷̷̥̱̻̩͕͙͓̎̊̌̌ͯͤ̎N̴̳̘̫̹̑̌̽͆ͮ̀̀E͙̫̝̓ͭ͋͊ͣ͝ ̡͍̟̩̲̓͆̈O͍͇̪̻̗̯̹̾͒ͧ̿͜ͅF̻̺͔̪̻͗͊̍̅ ̻̺͓͙͖̱̲͍̅͒̆ͤ̒̌͗̍U͇̩̩ͤͭ͆̿̏ͭ̏̔S͖̰̗̯̭ͭ̀͐́

One of us, one of us, Ȍ̷̷̥̱̻̩͕͙͓̎̊̌̌ͯͤ̎N̴̳̘̫̹̑̌̽͆ͮ̀̀E͙̫̝̓ͭ͋͊ͣ͝ ̡͍̟̩̲̓͆̈O͍͇̪̻̗̯̹̾͒ͧ̿͜ͅF̻̺͔̪̻͗͊̍̅ ̻̺͓͙͖̱̲͍̅͒̆ͤ̒̌͗̍U͇̩̩ͤͭ͆̿̏ͭ̏̔S͖̰̗̯̭ͭ̀͐́

So, just signed a lease and we're moving to Dallas 1st of June. I'm in the market to buy an airplane, does anyone have first hand experience on how much they will rip me off per year in property tax if I own an airplane?
WELCOME to Texas!!!

Man, if there were more rivers and lakes and mountains I'd have moved to TX years ago, seems to mesh better with my beliefs and with freedom loving people.

Man, if there were more rivers and lakes and mountains I'd have moved to TX years ago, seems to mesh better with my beliefs and with freedom loving people.

Well whatcha waitin' for??
(yes, the mountains are in the west, most of the lakes are manmade but still its pretty awesome)
Click here for List of Texas Rivers

1159762001_49eaba42aa_b.jpg images(2).jpg images(3).jpg images(4).jpg index.jpg index(2).jpg

Well whatcha waitin' for??
(yes, the mountains are in the west, most of the lakes are manmade but still its pretty awesome)
Click here for List of Texas Rivers

View attachment 63178 View attachment 63179 View attachment 63180 View attachment 63181 View attachment 63182 View attachment 63183

That's messed up dude, don't be waiving that in front of me, living in NY (albeit upstate), waiving freedom like that infront of me is like putting cake infront of a fat kid!

The other option I had was to move to CT, then I looked at my gun safe, realized 90% of the contents would be illegal in that state, and thought no way.

Dallas is much, much nicer than I imagined.

Parts of Texas can be pretty. Pretty hot. Pretty humid.

HWY-21-E6-1024x679.jpg

And pretty girls.....

5556284a9c37b41c2e2505b65d9a14a7.jpg

When you get in and (slightly) settled, let us know - it is not entirely unheard-of to have impromptu gatherings with food and drink involved.

Back