Mountain flying and gravel bar landing.

motoadve

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
motoadve
Washington mountain flying and gravel bars, you can see Mt st Helen, Rainer, play in the mountains and then land on a smooth gravel bar.

Still unclear to me how they don’t bang the prop but good... didn’t see any extraordinary measures used...

But... completely awesome video!!

Nice video, but do you really think that was filmed in US with a Costa Rica registration? I did not recognize Mt Helen or Rainer

Still unclear to me how they don’t bang the prop but good... didn’t see any extraordinary measures used...

But... completely awesome video!!

Fun video, I enjoyed it. Made me miss the bush flying just a tiny bit.

Watch the elevator on take off and landing. The yoke has constant back pressure while the tires are on the ground. Make the nose wheel as light as possible. Also keep off the brakes as much as possible. When the brakes are applied the tires will pick up gravel and fling it to the front towards the prop as well as back into the horizontal stabilizer. That is where most of the damage will come from. And unlike this video never stop on the gravel until it is time to shut down.

The C-206 and 207s I flew in Alaska had mud flaps on the mains to help reduce damage. The Caravans also have mud flaps. I had a few small dings when landing on gravel over the years. Ok, maybe more than a few, but I never damaged a prop. And sand will take the paint off the prop.

Fun video, I enjoyed it. Made me miss the bush flying just a tiny bit.

Watch the elevator on take off and landing. The yoke has constant back pressure while the tires are on the ground. Make the nose wheel as light as possible. Also keep off the brakes as much as possible. When the brakes are applied the tires will pick up gravel and fling it to the front towards the prop as well as back into the horizontal stabilizer. That is where most of the damage will come from. And unlike this video never stop on the gravel until it is time to shut down.

The C-206 and 207s I flew in Alaska had mud flaps on the mains to help reduce damage. The Caravans also have mud flaps. I had a few small dings when landing on gravel over the years. Ok, maybe more than a few, but I never damaged a prop. And sand will take the paint off the prop.
Honestly... I looked and didn’t see the elevator up. I will look again...

Back