Motorcycle question

Have owned all 3 bikes you mentioned. Get the Triumph. You are getting into MCs and i am getting out. My 2002 Triumph T100 Bonneville (carbs) is very nice with Staintune pipes and Corbin Smuggler. 12000 miles. Pristine condition! I be glad to sell it to you,,,meet you in Perry. PM me if interested.

Attachments

• 8913912C-0313-4EC4-BCBE-A072031D0A2D.jpeg
    8913912C-0313-4EC4-BCBE-A072031D0A2D.jpeg
    424.2 KB · Views: 11
My brother-in-law just bought a T100 as is enjoying the heck out of it. He sold his Harley Softail and says the T100 feels much sportier and a lot lighter. Have fun on you’re rental ride!

Have owned all 3 bikes you mentioned. Get the Triumph. You are getting into MCs and i am getting out. My 2002 Triumph T100 Bonneville (carbs) is very nice with Staintune pipes and Corbin Smuggler. 12000 miles. Pristine condition! I be glad to sell it to you,,,meet you in Perry. PM me if interested.

Thanks, but I promised my wife that I wouldn't get another motorcycle until our daughters are adults, which is a little more than four years away.

Thanks, but I promised my wife that I wouldn't get another motorcycle until our daughters are adults, which is a little more than four years away.
SO what you are saying is you made an error 14 or so years ago? LOL

Enjoy the ride!

SO what you are saying is you made an error 14 or so years ago? LOL

Enjoy the ride!

Actually, more like 19 years ago. I crashed my Hawk GT on the way to work, and a few days later we found out that daughter #1 was on the way. I told my wife I wouldn't get another one until they were grown.

Daughter #2 will be 21 in a little more than four years.

Actually, more like 19 years ago. I crashed my Hawk GT on the way to work, and a few days later we found out that daughter #1 was on the way. I told my wife I wouldn't get another one until they were grown.

Daughter #2 will be 21 in a little more than four years.
Wow, that is a long time without a ride. Glad you survived the accident to talk and raise your family. When do you go back to hang gliding again? Safer right? LOL

Father did the same thing. My mother was on the back of his Yamaha (650 I think) when a car in the left lane decided to turn right just as they were passing by. Took out the back wheel and they slid into a ditch, relatively unscathed. Bike was totaled. Dad gave up riding for about 30 years until my uncle gifted him an ‘07 Yamaha Stratoliner so that they could go out riding together. He rides a few times per month these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that is a long time without a ride. Glad you survived the accident to talk and raise your family. When do you go back to hang gliding again? Safer right? LOL

I had a broken left arm, a hairline fracture of my right fibula, and a minor concussion. I don't know that hang gliding is that much safer, but it's more under your control. The biggest risk is stumbling into weather you can't deal with.

I'm afraid I'm done hang gliding, it's too far to the hill and I couldn't maintain proficiency. I flew in a light sport trike a few weeks ago, and if I could arrange the logistics I'd do that instead. For the time being, I'm going to have to be satisfied with going for some dual in the trike a few times a year, there's just too much going on in our lives right now to deal with aircraft ownership.

EagleRider in Marietta, and nowhere in particular other than away from the city. You got something in mind?

TWO[1] in Suches has a good burger, salad, and some other decent things. It's in the heart of the good NORGA mountains, great roads in the area. I could meet you there for lunch if you're interested. We can also see if @FastEddieB is in town, as I pass by[2] his "southern" home on my way.

[1] http://twowheelsofsuches.com/
https://goo.gl/maps/Ts1hnx1fnvp
[2] I'd be running 64 to Ducktown then 68/60 to Suches.

Oh, and OBaviaton: The original developer and owner Frank Cheek, was also quite the aviator in addition to being a good motorcyclist. From his OBIT:

"Naval Aviator and Squadron Commander, Eastern Airlines Captain, Entrepreneur and Patriarch of motorcycling in the Southeastern United States, Inventor of the Jet Descent Vertical Navigation Device, and co-designer of many of the Atlanta Airport approach patterns"

Last edited:
Meh, twin cyl motorcycles have soul, inline 4's don't. I've had them all, singles, twins (V, parallel, and flat), triples, fours (inline and V-4), and sixes (flat). Singles, twins, and V-4's have soul, the others are too smooth for my tastes.
I'd rather not have my hands fall asleep from the vibration; I've had four Gold Wings. I'll perhaps get something electric if battery tech improves.

A motorcycle is vastly easier to operate than is an airplane. Provided you don't ride like a maniac, the main survival skill is avoidance, which I already do on my bicycle and in my car. There are a few things you add when riding a motorcycle, like making sure when you stop the person behind you does as well, and getting out of the lane if he doesn't, but I remember them quite well.
I disagree, in terms of mere operation in VMC.

I'd rather not have my hands fall asleep from the vibration; I've had four Gold Wings. I'll perhaps get something electric if battery tech improves.

Meh, I find the vibes of the BMW boxer flat twin to be quite soothing. That said, I have a special place in my heart for the Goldwing, and will own another someday. I had a '98 GL1500A, and rode the living daylights out of that bike and beat on it like it was an anvil. I RaceTech'd the forks, put Works Performance shocks on the back (1" taller than stock), and Galfer brake lines and pads. I used to go to Deals Gap and spank squids on that bike, highly satisfying.

TWO[1] in Suches has a good burger, salad, and some other decent things. It's in the heart of the good NORGA mountains, great roads in the area. I could meet you there for lunch if you're interested. We can also see if @FastEddieB is in town, as I pass by[2] his "southern" home on my way.

[1] http://twowheelsofsuches.com/
https://goo.gl/maps/Ts1hnx1fnvp
[2] I'd be running 64 to Ducktown then 68/60 to Suches.

Oh, and OBaviaton: The original developer and owner Frank Cheek, was also quite the aviator in addition to being a good motorcyclist. From his OBIT:

"Naval Aviator and Squadron Commander, Eastern Airlines Captain, Entrepreneur and Patriarch of motorcycling in the Southeastern United States, Inventor of the Jet Descent Vertical Navigation Device, and co-designer of many of the Atlanta Airport approach patterns"

That's a little outside my cruising range. I'm picking the bike up at 10:00, and it has to be back by 4:30. That, plus I haven't ridden in 19 years so I'd like to stay within 90 minutes of Marietta. Where would you be coming from?

That's a little outside my cruising range. I'm picking the bike up at 10:00, and it has to be back by 4:30. That, plus I haven't ridden in 19 years so I'd like to stay within 90 minutes of Marietta. Where would you be coming from?

CHA, but to be honest I have no real desire to ride TOWARDS the ATL traffic mess. I supposed we could go towards Rome, or maybe something in Summerville?

CHA, but to be honest I have no real desire to ride TOWARDS the ATL traffic mess. I supposed we could go towards Rome, or maybe something in Summerville?

I could get to either of those places, or any place in between. If I get out of the rental place by 10:30, I could probably make Summerville by 12:30. I'm not getting on any highways.

Last edited:
I could get to either of those places, or any place in between. If I get out of the rental place by 1:30, I could probably make Summerville by 12:30. I'm not getting on any highways.

Jim's family restaurant, Summerville, 12:45 - 1:00pm ish?

https://goo.gl/maps/w6gG1EVTGkA2

Tagging @FastEddieB on this, although it's a good bit further for him than Suches.

Last edited:
Back