More out of control cops

So we need to pat those who do their job correctly on the back and tell them good job.

No, but you do need to stop indicting an entire population of cops based on the actions of a minority.

No, but you do need to stop indicting an entire population of cops based on the actions of a minority.

When the entire population quits shielding the minority, people will quit indicting them.

See how that works?

:yesnod:

How many things are wrong with this post?

The first one is attempting to tell someone else not to say something...

first amendment what?

Man if the rioting going on in Baltimore is not enough to get this issue back to te forefront of the American minds I'm not sure what will. I watched the videos of that last night( in all seriousness I avoid the news like the plague but accidentally miss typed a channel number while looking for an NHL hockey game on CNBC and came across it.) That video is shocking. We all don't appreciate over zealous police but, when times get tough, police are the ones stuck with cleaning it up.

I won't get started on the absurdity of some of the media coverage of the rioting that I saw from MSNBC, with commentators actually saying that these riots are people showing their frustration with law enforcement as the helicopter video is showing people running into a liquor store and stealing containers of liquor and putting it in their trunk.... Please that's not protesting, that's theft.

You are right that is not protesting. Just like the arrest of that young man was not police protecting and serving. It was murder.

Edit: Eh, nevermind. its not worth the effort to respond to you guys.

Last edited:
How many convictions from those indictments?

Of the handful I recall, Robert Koenig - on my squad, BTW - was the only conviction I can think of.

I think Thomas Pellechio, Luis Alvarez and William Lozano were all acquitted.

That Pellechio was ever tried was a travesty, IMHO. Alvarez and Lozano were less clear cut, but were acquitted by juries of their peers.*

There were more egregious cases before my time - the cops that beat Arthur McDuffie to death comes to mind.

All of the above can be Googled if you'd like details.

*Correction: I did just Google and William Lozano was convicted of manslaughter.

Last edited:
You are right that is not protesting. Just like the arrest of that young man was not police protecting and serving. It was murder.

something happened in that van, but I doubt anyone wanted to kill the man. I'd wager someone wanted to "teach" him a lesson, and it got out of hand. In any event, it is an horrible abuse of power and although I'm generally against the litigious society we live in, I hope the city of Baltimore ends up having to write a large check to his family.

Indeed we do. That includes all areas of town when a kid shows his as$ (figuratively and literally speaking)

I don't know which is funnier - the mother lining out the son or the mis-conceptions here about why the mother was correcting the son's behavior.

something happened in that van, but I doubt anyone wanted to kill the man. I'd wager someone wanted to "teach" him a lesson, and it got out of hand. In any event, it is an horrible abuse of power and although I'm generally against the litigious society we live in, I hope the city of Baltimore ends up having to write a large check to his family.

A Baltimore native friend from th 'hood says often police officers like to engage in "cleansing" arrestees that they consider to have given them a hard time. That is, driving the van in such a way as to mimic a washing machine agitating cycle with unsecured passengers. Bad things can happen if hand and feet are cuffed.

Puerile bull****.

Until a bunch of bad cps get indicted, convicted, and sent to prison for unnecessary violence against citizens, OF ANY COLOR, this will continue and get worse.

Between politically activist race whores, and bent prosecutors, and police administrators, the deck has been stacked too long, and bad things are inevitable as a result.

I wish we could find some way to encourage the media to highlight the successes as well instead of only sensationalizing the gross misconduct.

Seriously. I'm at a loss as to how to achieve that desired outcome.
Unfortunately, those stories don't sell the papers and increase TV viewership. Cops beating people down (especially blacks) is what they are interested in.

A Baltimore native friend from th 'hood says often police officers like to engage in "cleansing" arrestees that they consider to have given them a hard time. That is, driving the van in such a way as to mimic a washing machine agitating cycle with unsecured passengers. Bad things can happen if hand and feet are cuffed.

Puerile bull****.

Lovely. :(

Charges brought. SA finds no probable cause for the arrest.
The knife Mr. Gray was carrying was legal in the State of Maryland. Running from police is not a crime in and of itself.

The six cops are going into the dock, five are in custody. Most serious charges are second degree murder and manslaughter.

No fancy footwork, no shenanigans, No "special prosecutor" no grand jury. Charged just like they would you or me.

Last edited:
I hope once convicted they are all put in gen pop in Jessup. To finally learn to respect some peoples privacy.

Back