Monkey to Oshkosh and Beyond!

That's fantastic, Okie!!

Thank you. It was all for the Monkey. You know, I had no RC equipment before the Monkey came up from Dallas in October. It was he that inspired me to get into the hobby and we've grown close as a result of it. In fact, I think I have grown to love him despite his addiction to snorting artificial sweetener and paying for the company of female monkeys of ill repute. Thank you Monkey.

Definitely worth the wait. Great job!

. In fact, I think I have grown to love him despite his addiction to snorting artificial sweetener and paying for the company of female monkeys of ill repute. Thank you Monkey.

Wait til Cajun gets ahold of that monkey! ;)

Somebody better go get that monkey and get it to @Cajun_Flyer otherwise I am going to go get it from @OkieFlyer and we know what happens when that little **** comes to my house.

Well, if I do that cross country next weekend to AZ that I mentioned, I'll be staying overnight in Lubbock International (KLBB). No idea where @OkieFlyer is based out of, but maybe it's close enough to meet up? If not, maybe I can see about working a stop at his airport into the plans.

No, you add a stop in DFW, he flies here, and you get to meet like 20 POAers

Might actually be a possibility. Still working out the details... won't know much more for a few days until my friend gets back on the radar. If it does happen, I'll probably be in the area next Saturday.

Well, if I do that cross country next weekend to AZ that I mentioned, I'll be staying overnight in Lubbock International (KLBB). No idea where @OkieFlyer is based out of, but maybe it's close enough to meet up? If not, maybe I can see about working a stop at his airport into the plans.

@Cajun_Flyer I'm just about 100 miles north of 6PC, as the monkey flies, in Lindsay, OK (1K2). If you are going to be in the area, and if I'm not stuck at work at that time, I'd be happy to find a way to meet you. I'd be good with buzzing down to the DFW area if that's what you want to, you can swing in here, I can meet you at an airport along your route, or whatever. If the timing doesn't work out, perhaps I could leave it in the care of someone else until you arrive. There's more than one way to skin a skunk

@Cajun_Flyer I'm just about 100 miles north of 6PC, as the monkey flies, in Lindsay, OK (1K2). If you are going to be in the area, and if I'm not stuck at work at that time, I'd be happy to find a way to meet you. I'd be good with buzzing down to the DFW area if that's what you want to, you can swing in here, I can meet you at an airport along your route, or whatever. If the timing doesn't work out, perhaps I could leave it in the care of someone else until you arrive. There's more than one way to skin a skunk

You are actually going to be more on our flight path than 6PC, so worse case you leave the monkey in the care of someone in the FBO... but would be way more awesomester to meet you :)

No idea what the official plan is yet. Too many variables in play. But I'm sure we'll figure it out.

Oh, and I'm all for you bringing a skunk. But please don't skin it. They are kinda cute.

I think what I hear you saying is that the DFW Pilots are going to all have a POA fly in next Saturday to grab a bite and meet new people. I feel like that's what I'm hearing.

Norman has a great Diner on the field. I'm sure there's other places in the area we could meet and eat and shoot the sheet

I think what I hear you saying is that the DFW Pilots are going to all have a POA fly in next Saturday to grab a bite and meet new people. I feel like that's what I'm hearing.

Norman has a great Diner on the field. I'm sure there's other places in the area we could meet and eat and shoot the sheet

If you guys meet in Norman, you may as well just grab the Monkey out of my hangar on the way up. I'm so freaking bummed out right now that I'm not available on Saturday, it's gonna ruin my whole week. :mad2::sad:

Stay in touch with me and we'll get something figured out.

I practiced up for the monkey tonight just in case he ever makes it back to Denver... :)

ba4b7ed1c266bbf0af47bb240c6ea348.jpg

I practiced up for the monkey tonight just in case he ever makes it back to Denver... :)

ba4b7ed1c266bbf0af47bb240c6ea348.jpg

Need to work on that rapid fire trigger pull. You have more groupings than Maui has AOA ads. But that would still likely work on your intended target. Well done sir.

Need to work on that rapid fire trigger pull. You have more groupings than Maui has AOA ads. But that would still likely work on your intended target. Well done sir.

Yeah but he was 3' away! :eek:

Yeah I hadn't been shooting in a few months. Ugh. Few flyers in there too, I won't blame it on the ammo but the stuff I was using does usually suck, manufactured reloads. LOL. Just target junk. Bought it from a guy and haven't been too happy with it, so just blasting through it all. It goes pew, but that's about the only good thing I can say about it. Have seen some mis-seated bullets and weird crimps on some I've thrown out.

Yeah but he was 3' away! :eek:

15' actually. :)

When Mully gets his Cirrus then we'll start on him. :D

Yer gettin' soft. In the old days, before you worried about needing a parole hearing, you wouldn't have waited...

If you hurry you can get that monkey and take him to Mardi Gras. KNEW is a great airport and close to the city. I tend to stay away from there this time of year, but know that monkey would enjoy himself.

If you hurry you can get that monkey and take him to Mardi Gras. KNEW is a great airport and close to the city. I tend to stay away from there this time of year, but know that monkey would enjoy himself.

if only the monkey could have met Snooks at the Rock N Bowl......

Before:
mardi_gras_monkey.jpg

120001148.1.png

After:
03-Drunk-Monkey.jpg
I think that is how I look the first couple years here. After awhile it gets to you. Traffic gets real bad and everything gets harder to get to with all the parades.

Well, looks like the Monkey and I will be parting ways in the next few days. I know I've had him way too long, but we've forged an unbreakable bond and I hate to see him go.

@eman1200 pleas add the following to the monkey map:
52F-1K2
1K2-91F
1K2-CHK

He also logged about 3 hours as PIC in a SuperSportster 90/120 and P-47 Thunderbolt RC planes, and survived a crash that resulted in the complete destruction of the aircraft he was flying.

In this sad time, the following comes to mind:
"So on we go. His welfare is of my concern. No burden is he to bear, we'll get there. For I know, he would not encumber me. He ain't heavy. He's my brother." -The Hollies-

I think J-Cray and I are going to get the monkey tomorrow morning.
Also, I just purchased a real POA "Primate of America" logbook for him.
I will fill it out before handing it off to Lady Cajun

Well, looks like the Monkey and I will be parting ways in the next few days. I know I've had him way too long, but we've forged an unbreakable bond and I hate to see him go...
/QUOTE]

Great job, Okie! And don't worry, you are leaving the monkey in good hands!!

All right, the Monkey is on the road again. I didn't figure he'd get on the way up north until spring time. That was some great hosting Okie and ya made a pilot out of him. Without killing him, lol. There's like 10 states tighter than the group on Denverpilots target up in Cajun's neck o' the woods. He's gonna become much more "worldly" soon.

Back