Monkey to Oshkosh and Beyond!

upload_2017-2-5_9-3-18.png

anyone know if there's a way to remove the track/mileage on skyvector? I didn't see an option to remove it under layers.

we're well beyond the character limit for fltplan.com so I can't use that anymore. I'm trying aopa flight planner now. I also somehow goobered up one of aggie's joyrides but I added that back in.

upload_2017-2-5_9-25-1.png

here's how it looks in aopa flight planner, I might start using this, but it didn't like the coordinates for evil's joyrides. I'll see if I can figure out how to enter coordinates into this tool.

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-5_9-24-55.png
    upload_2017-2-5_9-24-55.png
    969.9 KB · Views: 7
@eman1200 ... if only you knew someone who makes maps for a living... hmmm.

interesting! so, I just started using aopa flight planner (just to have another monkey map option, I don't want y'all to think I "plan flights" and stuff). according to aopa FP, supported coordinate formats are like this:

N39.4176°, W77.3743°
N39° 25.0533', W77° 22.4583'
N39° 25' 3", W77° 22' 27"
3925N, 07722W

skyvectors looks like this:

293913N0861208W
295400N0862334W

I've tried putting them in the aopa formats but each one gets rejected within the flight planner tool. CAN'T be user error, must be my browser or the font I'm using or maybe aopa flight planner is closed on sunday, I dunno. I think I need to eat breakfast or have a beer and then try again.

Hey Eman - I think you missed the two local sightseeing trips I took him on during August; from KBJC-KBJC (Cessna 182) and KBDU-KBDU (experimental motorglider).
Specifically, I took him via airline from KOSH KATW KORD KDEN, GA sightseeing, then airline to KSEA and KPWT.
Thanks!

All of his trips/airports are listed in the book coming with him, right?

All of his trips/airports are listed in the book coming with him, right?

I 'think' so, but the coordinates were the 'improvised' joyride flights I put into skyvector for evil. otherwise, aopaFP works fine, as does skyvector. the deal with sv is those annoying heading/mileage things they put on each leg.

...Specifically, I took him via airline from KOSH KATW KORD KDEN, GA sightseeing, then airline to KSEA and KPWT.
Thanks!

Airline??? How did you get the monkey past security? With his reputation and habit surely he's gotta be on one of those "Most Wanted" TSA lists. Charmed the ladies did he?

Hopefully.
I will log them per the sheet that comes with him.

That said, we are socked in this morning.
JCrizzy and I are watching the weather to see if we can go snatch the Mizzle from OKNasty

May not happen though.

Hopefully.
I will log them per the sheet that comes with him.

That said, we are socked in this morning.
JCrizzy and I are watching the weather to see if we can go snatch the Mizzle from OKNasty

May not happen though.

You can do it 6PizzleChizzle. The clouds will lift and the fog will burn off. I can feel it.

Yes, the package comes with one original monkey, one flight log, one hooker monkey, and one bag of blow. He flips out if he doesn't get a snort once in a while. You don't want to see him if he can't maintain. Ask me how I know.

You can do it 6PizzleChizzle. The clouds will lift and the fog will burn off. I can feel it.

Yes, the package comes with one original monkey, one flight log, one hooker monkey, and one bag of blow. He flips out if he doesn't get a snort once in a while. You don't want to see him if he can't maintain. Ask me how I know.

6PC acts like he doesn't just have autopilot on that thing and actually needs an instrument rating. :rolleyes:

I've got kids... I can't have that monkey doing blow at all hours of the night. Going to have to put him into detox.

...I've got kids... I can't have that monkey doing blow at all hours of the night. Going to have to put him into detox.

And we mistakenly thought the Valentine date was going to be sooooo romantic. :oops:
Now the truth comes out - detox rehab. No wonder Cajun couldn't wait to get her hands on the poor bugger. What is it with women? The thrill and excitement of the bad boyfriend who would never be brought home to meet the parents gives way to sober second thought, remorse(?) and an urge to rehabilitate the object of desire to "respectable status". Are they all wired to spend their lives "improving" us? Then why afterwards do they complain to their girlfriends we "aren't the man they married". ;)

With 6PC grounded there's still time for the monkey to make a run for it. Or steal an airplane.

Last edited:
I think that is how I look the first couple years here. After awhile it gets to you. Traffic gets real bad and everything gets harder to get to with all the parades.
That's my favorite thing about living uptown. I don't drive anywhere during MG!

upload_2017-2-5_20-27-16.png

think I got the waypoints working. u can't enter them under 'route', u have to create them first then reference them in the route. kinda sux but they're done now.

look at that lonely northeast!

Cool. Time to start painting the upper right part of the map magenta. I think he's had a pretty thorough tour of the heartland.

@OkieFlyer and @SixPapaCharlie - Ok, so right now, weather looks in favor of Saturday arrival to the area. I think I've got my cohorts convinced that KOUN is an excellent choice for the over-nighter on our journey. That said, everything is wx dependent.

If things work out, a NOTAM will be issued regarding a Cajun's arrival at Ozzie's Saturday afternoon. Time TBD.

Monkey bettah have his bags packed. And be sober for at least 8 hours prior to flight.

@OkieFlyer and @SixPapaCharlie - Ok, so right now, weather looks in favor of Saturday arrival to the area. I think I've got my cohorts convinced that KOUN is an excellent choice for the over-nighter on our journey. That said, everything is wx dependent.

If things work out, a NOTAM will be issued regarding a Cajun's arrival at Ozzie's Saturday afternoon. Time TBD.

Monkey bettah have his bags packed. And be sober for at least 8 hours prior to flight.

His bags are packed. A guarantee of sobriety is dubious at best.

in my mind, you open that log book and like the bible in the shawshank redemption there's a cutout in the pages. except in this book it aint a hammer

4rry47.jpg

it's a rolled up hundid dolla bill y'all and a big ol' pile of ***something I can't say anymore***

in my mind, you open that log book and like the bible in the shawshank redemption there's a cutout in the pages. except in this book it aint a hammer

4rry47.jpg

it's a rolled up hundid dolla bill y'all and a big ol' pile of ***something I can't say anymore***
Something like this I would imagine

I don't know if I should transcribe the sheet at the monkey has into this logbook, or let Cajun do that. She probably has much better handwriting. Also what endorsements does he have now?

Well, Cajun has the Monkey now. She picked it up from KOUN on Saturday and headed west. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet her as I had too much going on, so we did a dead drop at the airport restaurant.

Monkey and I just got into Vegas. We are exhausted.

Looks like snow is causing me to rebook my flight back home tomorrow. Monkey and I have plans for a simulator tomorrow morning, and hopefully will get some more air time in the SR22 and buzz around the Grand Canyon.

He did great today. I had to mostly handle the t/o and landing, but I let him help with some things... at least while he was sober.

monkey2.jpg

monkey1.jpg

icing.jpg

Damn Mulligan, Cajun beat you to flying a SR22!

Love that Cajun:

monkey1.jpg

Back