Monkey to Oshkosh and Beyond!

Wow, the Monkey is a plane crash survivor?! He's gonna be getting all the lady monkeys now.

The next great monkey adventure didn't go as planned. What a freakin' waste of time that was. I suck.

Classic 'come from together' incident. Not your fault man. You'll see, once NTSB gets a hold of the data & voice recorders. Wait, does the monkey talk too?

Last edited:
Wow, the Monkey lady monkeys, whatya talkin' 'bout!is a plane crash survivor?! He's gonna be getting all the lady monkeys now.

Shet girl, he's always got all the girl monkeys, whatya talkin' 'bout!

upload_2016-11-21_8-13-54.png

This one is the girls worrying about monkey flyer, fearing the worse.

upload_2016-11-21_8-15-15.png

Even his sock monkey girlfriends were worried...

upload_2016-11-21_8-16-19.png

Mom & Dad and little sister when they heard monkey crashed...

upload_2016-11-21_8-17-26.png

One of monkey's conquests and offspring worried....

upload_2016-11-21_8-18-29.png

Better times with monkey's women...

Too bad. The four stars are great RC planes.
I had the 40. Loved that thing. Killed it by accidentally having aileron servos reversed and rolled it on TO

Oooooh somebody didn't do their freedom and correctness of movement check on runup....

Mine was a Great Planes Super Sportster 90/120, 72" wing span, with a Saito 125 4-stroke glow engine. My brother flies a 4 Star 40. It's a good one indeed. I may have gone a little big for my first RC, but go big or go home, right?

Now for the good news. When I bought the Super Sportster, I actually bought two of them, identical except for the color scheme. All I have to do is swap the engine, which miraculously survived the crash, and we're back to monkey business. I hope to get some video sometime later this week.

I was going to say, that's a beautiful looking 4 stroke engine on that thing. Glad it survived the crash.

Now... prepare to be lectured about endangering my, er, collectively our, monkey...

Here's a little sneak peek just to let you know the Monkey is alive and well. He's working on his tail wheel endorsement.........in a P-47 Thunderbolt.

-_hzaagTwyGBLfjoDXXVuzlVIzKZeVGvtrFlPNG2uhVGMSTPTlXg0L6EibuFDONK9AdM3qnJor1b7wNRzEOW_z7v2k7zw-gXEtqv6oo-2R0T7ZQ-BQYJ4abqndx-vDhwJH3sDo3PiSeMxMf3udoXWQxnm2duGYuUKGOJdiGKjpvYRmIIiHV-0UsYJ4ExTYoSdajURBTE3j1FUwW862GGTrmRpyOY8gTqmy9RSo1ehu1NDtMrb5UZCNZwpfF8WFL4nRecUWSaQ5RqXEz5hlBClXMXbrCD_g7bJppMcpznDMsZDkKnqBDr98yzMDnAeqO2InihEPHOTOHiEchjOKcq9WI01iwbXZwSDT22jwEv695wPlMbhbIJX4hZuVzLlDWNkb4_sahM0PntokKPJTem-UUOEwiudYAVfuhrm6Kl5l-Q3RrZHEfzlSqCAsxNepdprJQ7ikiqOKoJIjYYzalgJSNCLg6WPlkjBohZxVYT40Xm-jrYmhDwDcomYzLwbtOZ3t1ZyPbvgdwsCb_0PJYA2rpi1ocvKej2bbWFr7vrLXtgTeX4-X9KYWHGS6eeUjMFPM0uHdHdWesDy_yHdbdXZSy6AJCOtFezTeHbbNZCryhNAg_0=w640-h480-no

JY1DM1-g-z-qWrs_3DzB3zpiOgm-r74L9UXETFGgnmDb70pE3-t9EwQBkG5JnPx0mSnBoRepKQmEZ2N4fvGkK-zsR9Znv6PpWymyzB7wtCwA-ZEmYsj_625z_xMMH_mSurbn5Kh4b8hJ-vgTYYdpiKanqVlmeZo7f1-8rUSDxja2SHo0WXRIeXDGMz-JblVHSGSZZ65U54IfOXCjEN87OuARGdkXZUKJbL3h0X4oR3Gy1KPyB3miU0yG0nzegGJl4OqB8a4i9RGuh_a_sEytZGfAnQTKIhrhzwJJlc9djfRB_HQ2GRzvZ5m-pL6Y-QlH8tT7YpmE_Zsr2DZxx9kL4Iyk-daBBLd96eEVSx9bND_btsQJhbocS2nz4w0-CRwTc5WqnE6T7VAnSHKjtBtDWHL5-EsiSeJf5cYIGRW8E22GHSk9zO6sP2JQZDZF-lFN9xblPD_znWpJsuI-cQXotepEk4ChvXEUdRB6OLRgckozyvUTc_QXM6bvxtmKJ8-oii9K5qktTkACjdpbHIIBKuAlu-3kGusBYDuKi4AExO3THXPavpcGhMonDtCoun5RESd5k2nu0tw53w9jLd38XzaBYNaX13Cyt6YNZGfZvV9jVp1I=w640-h480-no

HpRYa2gA7xPJzzmBkTT8IUiBhnyLRFrdPjyil03B0u1hepBVNlcrKxrB4I0EjPf8HW3px1QcLIL9bPGI3QI1AC_zQQzc0DhLxr4T_-bfiDvTmIgxcuMhI6V6RkgGwDEbQhhshjbJWZpApf0L4WWc2BvINYbaUtaWT8ESmVu7pzfvtu5aoYz4WhN33GaQb2PZ7fyTy1wA_qjnsCqd536sJRN1vhh1oP9YtuJjm3QD2PH1wu9KHdAiR_qgD57ZTewTC_3IYsYmiJokqg_fUgAyCNiH-iBKG3voCEeBkNv6TFboCtv9prqqpma1L27ONCm7nmUnObi9xt6BxonMN3K4ZAfR2mNhqtc6GcuEkL82jSAO3WNZ9RWmZ2mXwDYELslMlagOu1pxkMksYxigl5DApvPHQKS29E5R0Akp0FBEoe1JS-GirfROjieMiTtBlHKTPKxk6G4hnLxn_8Lw9QdFxjktfQdmD0iBgupHjSrtLD5rqF7fCLHqHrUL76o_z3eTKkB4Hcm7gibVFPQgDRi7Mlq0Jqqd9b19wOZR6756Z-XarDVgJ3BD8sqD2UuW-s-MKwiasVl48o-9aWfqDngswmQoJSSk_HAweO0pUfnp9kXqnrnG=w640-h480-no

He has been downgraded (I have downgraded) to foam airplane flying for now after reducing the Super Sportster to kindling. In retrospect, a balsa plane with a 6' wingspan and a 4-stoke 1.25 cu. in. engine may have been an ambitious starter plane.

Last edited:
Never let go of your dreams, Andrew. And thank you for helping The Monkey keep his dreams both alive and grand!

Never let go of your dreams, Andrew. And thank you for helping The Monkey keep his dreams both alive and grand!

Good advice, sir.

The Monkey had an appointment for some acro training and a photo shoot today, but it's cancelled due to rain and the OU-OSU football game known to us as Bedlam.

Where is the Monkey spending Christmas and and where is he off to in the New Year? He's gone radio silent.

I'm guessing the monkey is way too busy (and happy) in his new ride to check in. Probably reliving a Pat Benatar moment...

I got a pair of red boxer shorts with monkeys printed on them as a gag gift for Christmas. Not kidding. Haha.

Merry Christmas monkey!

I got a pair of red boxer shorts with monkeys printed on them as a gag gift for Christmas. Not kidding. Haha.

Merry Christmas monkey!

Ugh, I know I'm gonna regret this, but 'pics or it didn't happen'

Ugh, I know I'm gonna regret this, but 'pics or it didn't happen'

Major regret! You know he will do it to. I already want to unsee the picture.

I was going to save you the Christmas Cheer. I could take a photo of them NOT on my body... I doubt I'll ever wear them, anyway. They look like they'd chafe.

Last edited:
So we get a photo of a monkey in a RC plane piloted by a pilot that crashed the prior RC plane and then nothing further.
I am a little scared this will be like that episode of Different Strokes where Abraham (the goldfish) dies and Willis replaces him with a replica and tries to pass it off to Arnold as the real Abraham. Unfortunately, Arnold is no dummy and can tell by the way the impostor wiggles his tail, he is not the real Abraham.

This ends with MC putting a white tape line down the middle of the forum and All the members are on one side and @OkieFlyer on the other and each has to stay on their own side. Mr. D will come in later and sort it all out. Until then, it is going to be rough.

Wait.... I have to go back to every thread I ever done posted and see if I ever pizzed off okie. Maybe this is payback time.

We need to get that little dude moving. If he stays any longer in one place, he's going to find a monkey girlfriend, settle down, have some monkey babies, and buy a minivan.

I sure hope the monkey had an AOA in that thing

Negative on the AOA.

The Monkey got to practice landing dead stick twice today. The little booger has so much fun up there he keeps running his tank dry. In fact, the first pick is just before touchdown after losing the engine while inverted at about 25 AGL. He made a fine recovery.

And eman changed his profile pic! Glad to see the monkey back, I was getting worried for him. But he looks good pretending to be a pilot though!

Videos of the monkey doing some acro??

The fans want more!! And The Monkey needs to clean his windscreen. I think he's outgassing...

And eman changed his profile pic! Glad to see the monkey back, I was getting worried for him. But he looks good pretending to be a pilot though!

Videos of the monkey doing some acro??

Worry not. There will be video.

The fans want more!! And The Monkey needs to clean his windscreen. I think he's outgassing...

Yeah, those dang glow engines spit out a bunch of oil.

Back