Mongo is Dead

luvflyin

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Luvflyin
RIP.

EDIT: disregard. been dead since 2012. not sure exactly how long I’ve been brain dead. Maybe I should chang my handle to ‘fake news’

Last edited:
Mongo like in the database?

Time to bring out the champagne!

whew. I thought he meant Mingo at first.

Mongo like in the database?

Time to bring out the champagne!
Didn’t quite change the database world forever like all the coolaid drinkers were preaching...

since I was recently schooled in journalism's use of "dies" versus "died" (and schooled poorly, I guess, as I can't recall the journalism term for that tense...or maybe I refuse to accept it as correct?) ... you read the headline and it says "Alex Karras dies" ... not "Alex Karras died ...2012" so maybe he did "just" die?

If you have to ask, you're too young. "Mongo" was a character in "Blazing Saddles". Look that up in your Funk and Wagnall's. :D
I'm aware of that, and the database similarly named, but neither one died recently (as has been previously observed). Hence my question.

I'm aware of that, and the database similarly named, but neither one died recently (as has been previously observed). Hence my question.

Did you understand my last statement about Funk and Wagnall's? :p

If you have to ask, you're too young. "Mongo" was a character in "Blazing Saddles". Look that up in your Funk and Wagnall's. :D
Where should he look up Funk and Wagnall’s ?

Where should he look up Funk and Wagnall’s ?

I found a set of Funk & Wagnall’s at a resale shop a few weeks ago. Wondered if it might not be fun to have that on the bookcase at work as a conversation piece...the irony of telling somebody to Google it...

Back