Mogas stored in hanger

And you are spraying more lead around your house and other neighborhood kids. Real smart. It’s bad enough that industry and aging government official can’t get a replacement for 100LL. And by that I mean they don’t care or someone will lose profits at the expense of lead in kinds brains. And yes, I schlep cans of MoGas to my plane for 99% of my flying.

By the way, I have one of the 30 gallon metal gas caddies and the pump that came with it is crap and leaks everywhere. Currently looking to replace it. The container is great and the pickup tube is 1-2” off the bottom so I don’t have to worry about water or sediment in the fuel and I placed a few strong neodymium magnets on the bottom to catch any steel particles. There is a fine mesh filter for all the gas the goes into it.

I don't have kids in my non-existent neighborhood. Sooooooooo......

I don't have kids in my non-existent neighborhood. Sooooooooo......
Ok boomer....pollute the ground in a completely illegal way (never legal to use 100LL in anything other than an airplane) and it’s totally fine because you’re entitled, even though the next generation will have to clean it up because lead never goes away. Thanks gramps for leaving this ***thole to us to deal with.

Ok boomer....pollute the ground in a completely illegal way (never legal to use 100LL in anything other than an airplane) and it’s totally fine because you’re entitled, even though the next generation will have to clean it up because lead never goes away. Thanks gramps for leaving this ***thole to us to deal with.
Way to use sh** to catch flies

Not a boomer. Parents were. Try again. And I'll give a **** when people like you quit being hypocrites.

And for the record I don't burn 100LL at home, but when the current crop of "you people" don't give a rats ass about me and I have zero incentive for the future, why should I give a rats ass about of people that want to stick their nose into my business and shame me because I dont jerk off to posters of Greta Thurnburg?

Last edited:
Properly used a racing jug is faster and safer.

My jigglers. Pink is anti static. The clear standard one uses tygon tubing to remain flexible in the cold. The big one? That one drains fuel drums very quickly. I rarely use any of them.

image.jpg

(never legal to use 100LL in anything other than an airplane)

I know it is illegal to use leaded fuel in vehicles that are used on public roads. And aviation gas is really not the most efficient fuel for small motors. But I never heard that it is illegal to use 100LL in anything but an airplane. Then again I don't get around much anymore.

I know it is illegal to use leaded fuel in vehicles that are used on public roads. And aviation gas is really not the most efficient fuel for small motors. But I never heard that it is illegal to use 100LL in anything but an airplane. Then again I don't get around much anymore.
It’s really just because 100LL isn’t taxed. Uncle Sam doesn’t get his dime, so he says it’s illegal for road ops. :rolleyes:

It's not illegal for off road use. They sell "blue racing fuel" (100LL) at places that aren't airports. Last place I saw it was at a gas station in Boyne City, MI and the pump was placarded illegal for road use. But people aren't putting it in their cars.

It’s really just because 100LL isn’t taxed. Uncle Sam doesn’t get his dime, so he says it’s illegal for road ops. :rolleyes:
Can I sell road tax credits for the pump fuel that I put in my airplane to someone who wants to run avgas in their hotrod?

It’s really just the idea that 100LL isn’t taxed. Uncle Sam doesn’t get his dime, so it’s illegal for road ops. :rolleyes:

That part I knew from selling race gas and race fuels for years. As a dealer we had to pay those taxes and then apply for refunds. I guess someone thought we might forget about the refund....

And we had to put up the sign about this fuel is not legal for vehicles operated on public roads and other signs saying we can only sell to trailered vehicles or fuel jugs. Of course we had no control over where the fuel went after we sold it in those jugs..... No, of course I never put any in my big block chevy pickup. Nope, not at all....:lol::lol:

There are thousands of airboats in Florida running 100LL in their Lyco-nental engines.

There are thousands of airboats in Florida running 100LL in their Lyco-nental engines.
Airboats don’t use roads, thus they’re not subject to the same taxation laws and duties, just like airplanes.

Airboats don’t use roads, thus they’re not subject to the same taxation laws and duties, just like airplanes.
They are "other than aircraft" which is what the original statement was.

Thanks gramps for leaving this ***thole to us to deal with.

Environmentalists everywhere are torn between rooting for the virus or making millions of tons in medical waste to save people.

At any rate, suicide is at a 20 year high.

The Clean Air Act banned the SALE for use in on-road vehicles. Leaded fuel is permitted in marine engines, race cars, and farm equipment.

100LL was an illegal fuel in our NASCAR track (spent over a decade as a track official). Most of the suppliers offer high octane fuels both leaded and unleaded.

Just looking at what is currently available, most of the leaded race fuels have way more TEL than 100LL. 100LL is about 2g/gal. Some of the 110 octane race fuels are in the 7-9g range.

Last edited:
According to this the link below, aviation gas is taxed at about 19 cents a gallon, and jet fuel is taxed at 22 cents a gallon at the federal level. States may add their own taxes.
https://www.faa.gov/about/budget/aatf/media/Excise_Tax_Rate_Structure_2018.pdf

Of course aviation fuel is taxed, but the money goes towards airports instead of highways (at least in theory, but that's a whole other topic).

Back