ModAero, an Ill-Fated Attempt at a New Aviation Event

They grew up with Rocko's Modern Life...
I don't give a monkey's about some new fly-in or whose kids are on whose lawn but I've been old for a while and I still love RML. "Crikey Heffer, we must stop this senseless sucking!"

Nauga,
and his happy sack

It was (still is) the king of cartoons for me
It's up there, but 'Space Ghost: Coast to Coast' wins it for me, unless you consider 'Robot Chicken' a cartoon. Then there is no competition. At all.

Nauga,
easily amused

Seems a watered down version of Ren & Stimpy, to me.

I appreciated it for that reason. Ren & Stimpy always seemed like it was trying too hard to be disgusting.

Although I, to this day, use "No sir, I don't like it" ad nauseum.

I appreciated it for that reason. Ren & Stimpy always seemed like it was trying too hard to be disgusting.

Although I, to this day, use "No sir, I don't like it" ad nauseum.

I wouldn't say "always". While I certainly agree with you about the post-JohnK episodes, the ones before he left struck a really good balance.

"Instantly, Powdered Toast Man... ASSESSES THE SITUATION!"

I have to wonder though... aren't the millennials and hipsters a product of their upbringing...? weren't a lot of them raised by the same folks now complaining about them? I felt like my upbringing was far more strict than most of my friends' .. maybe that's part of the reason the millennial and hipster thing feels foreign to me

I didn't raise any of them. Not my fault. Can I complain now ?

3 Stooges and popeye the sailor man did it for me, but I'm an old fart....

upload_2017-5-31_17-35-16.png upload_2017-5-31_17-35-53.png

Who's "they"?? What the hell is an Aluminum Falcon?!
Love the Star Wars specials. I learned about Robot Chicken during a JetBlue flight when Adult Swim/Cartoon Network was running an RC marathon. I was in a middle seat sandwiched between two strangers, and I made their flight miserable by laughing so hard I was shaking the entire flight.

Nauga,
who will greet you like Palpatine on the escalator

Love the Star Wars specials. I learned about Robot Chicken during a JetBlue flight when Adult Swim/Cartoon Network was running an RC marathon. I was in a middle seat sandwiched between two strangers, and I made their flight miserable by laughing so hard I was shaking the entire flight.

Nauga,
who will greet you like Palpatine on the escalator

There's a game I play called Overwatch. New event comes up and there are new emotes/taunts available. Scrolling through the list of new ones and I see this and go...wait. I've seen this before... but where?

1:45

giphy.gif

There's a game I play called Overwatch.
I came to Overwatch too late to be anything but cannon fodder but I can hold my own on the Splatoon ladder when my connection is good. :D

Funny video.

Nauga,
trampled by D.Va figuratively and literally o_O

I came to Overwatch too late to be anything but cannon fodder but I can hold my own on the Splatoon ladder when my connection is good. :D

Funny video.

Nauga,
trampled by D.Va figuratively and literally o_O
You just need a pocket Mercy.

Nice to meet you Nauga! Listen, if you ever need anyone healed, I'm very discreet, I have a great code of ethics, I will heal anyone, anywhere. Children, animals, old people, doesn't matter. I just love healing!

Seriously we need to play sometime you are awesome

If you could both log on and rofl stomp my girlfriend's 14 year old kid on overwatch, that'd be great.
Something tells me that might turn out in a way that would make neither you nor me happy, but she'd think it was hilarious.

Nauga,
less effective than Leeroy Jenkins

Something tells me that might turn out in a way that would make neither you nor me happy, but she'd think it was hilarious.

Nauga,
less effective than Leeroy Jenkins
He's constantly trying to direct the team by a constant stream of insults and begging. And he always loses. It's awesome.

ircphoenix
and his girlfriend's ineffective Patton spawn

He's constantly trying to direct the team by a constant stream of insults and begging. And he always loses. It's awesome.

ircphoenix
and his girlfriend's ineffective Patton spawn
There was a kid like that in a match of paintball for my 21st birthday. He came in between the brushes of two flanking blue squads making a ton of noise (after like 6 courses, end of the day with spare ammo) and both sides saw the opportunity and lit up the brush. The ref came running along the outside of the course following the screams. I facepalmed and pointed the way to the kid.

There was a kid like that in a match of paintball for my 21st birthday. He came in between the brushes of two flanking blue squads making a ton of noise (after like 6 courses, end of the day with spare ammo) and both sides saw the opportunity and lit up the brush. The ref came running along the outside of the course following the screams. I facepalmed and pointed the way to the kid.

Friendly fire has a way of "fixing" problem players in paintball I've noticed. LOL.

As always, I'm late to coolness and have little idea about where this conversation has gone in the last 10 posts. But I do want to say: "Yes, yes, I do love Rocko's Modern Life. And Phineas and Ferb, which I believe is done by many of the same people."
So there.

As always, I'm late to coolness and have little idea about where this conversation has gone in the last 10 posts. But I do want to say: "Yes, yes, I do love Rocko's Modern Life. And Phineas and Ferb, which I believe is done by many of the same people."
Phineas and Ferb has its moments, particularly ones involving Perry (thanks @overdrive148). You might try Rick and Morty, but it's a fair bit more over-the-top. I'm also partial to 'Axe Cop' but it's very very different o_O

...and we got here because it's more entertaining than talking about 'Kids these days...' ;)

Nauga,
and his Meatwad air freshener

He's constantly trying to direct the team by a constant stream of insults and begging. And he always loses. It's awesome. [emphasis added]
You could tell him that I thought he was a girl in post 141. :D

Nauga,
who knows that "Dad" can have 4 or 5 syllables.

You could tell him that I thought he was a girl in post 141. :D

Nauga,
who knows that "Dad" can have 4 or 5 syllables.

Did you mistakenly read "my 14 year old girlfriend" as opposed to "my girlfriend's 14 year old?"

Because that could end poorly.

ircphoenix,
and his fear of dropping the soap

I would have pegged you more as a Master Shake kinda guy! ;-)
If they were handing those out I would've gotten one. My daughter wears her 'Black Jesus' T-shirt with pride :cool:
BTW we were disappointed to find it's perfumed, not meat-scented. The air freshener, not the T-shirt.

Nauga,
and the full dome experience

And now, as rigor mortis seems to be setting in, the website has been blanked out.

Also playing and people need to learn to push the stupid payload! I try not healing people off the cart but they stand there. Watching.

Judging.

Especially Genji. There is always a Genji.

On the local central Texas facebook groups the organizers have posted a notice saying the June 2017 Modaero event will be postponed.

Better luck in the future guys.

18620082_10212926180092322_3105795407688994044_n.jpg

They never got around to rescheduling and both their websites are broken. Hopefully this will be the last we see of the scumbag organizer, but seems unlikely. He's like an STD that never seems to go away.

Back