MOAB documentary (warning, culinary content)

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Mother Of All Burgers. Making Of A Burger. What started as a 2.2 lb package of 7% lean ground beef got formed in to a burger patty. I had actually intended on getting 1.2 lbs, which would have been appropriate for dinner. It changed form very little from package to burger patty. Maybe it was 1.2. I thought it was 1.2 but in retrospect I think it was actually 2.2. Nah, let's go with 1.2. I don't feel like digging the label out of the trash.
IMG_4824.jpg

Okay you don't see the A1 sauce in this photo. That is because I elected to endousiate the A1 sauce in to the burger patty. And there is some onions for good measure.
IMG_4825.jpg

Throw in a little Italian seasoning in to the onions for good measure:
IMG_4826.jpg

Here is the finished product, along with Ceasar salad. Note that I did not either cheese it up, or wrap it in lettuce. I didn't have suitable iceberg lettuce for wrapping, and I'm already using the romaine in the Ceasar salad.
IMG_4827.jpg

I was going to actually go to Carl's Jr. to pick up a couple Double Western Bacon Cheeseburgers for dinner on the way back from the pub, but @Ryanb shamed me in to switching to Inn n Out instead. I decided to up the ante and roll my own, since I had like half a field of romaine lettuce sitting in the fridge.

That didn't go as I suspected. I thought it was going to be the Mother Of All Bombs -- which is working it's way to your bomb bay right now. (ewwww)

Man, I will be so happy when the road construction is done going through Moab.

OP should try a 50/50 mix of 80/20 ground beef and ground bison with some Montreal Steal seasoning mixed in.

Speaking of burgers, I had a pretty good one last night for dinner, along with some killer squash casserole.

It’s really unfortunate we live on opposite sites of the country, because that behemoth looks tasty!

9/10. Add an egg on top and A1 on the egg and it’s “gourmet”. LOL!

Breakfast burger: 1/2 pound burger, fried egg, cheese, bacon, and o-rings. I took the o-rings off and added them to the ones on the side. Pretty darned good!

1EEC408F-A408-4598-AFF4-7D7A90C3C164.jpeg

7% lean?? Wadja do, sprinkle some beef chips into a pound of lard?

I get what you're saying, it was probably 93% lean, which I find to be way too dry and tasteless for a good burger. I prefer 85% lean.

Did you take your anti-cholestoral medicine today? lol

Do you see those dimples in the second photo of the raw burger? That's where all of the Lipitor tables were inserted...
It does sound like a pretty good breakfast burger, if on a day when I could immediately take a post-breakfast nap.

I love A-1 steak sauce but I'll never have it on a steak or on a burger!

Aww man. Leaving us hanging. What do you put it on??! LOL.

I already mentioned eggs. But eggs love anything — they’re just vessels for any sort of flavor really.

Lately I’ve been putting chipotle mixed with traditional red chili seasoning on eggs when I have them. Leaving out the salt. Pretty tasty.

Of course around here if there’s any green Chile in the fridge that’s going on everything until it’s gone. :)

A1 is like third in line. Maybe. Ha.

Aww man. Leaving us hanging. What do you put it on??! LOL.

I already mentioned eggs. But eggs love anything — they’re just vessels for any sort of flavor really.

Lately I’ve been putting chipotle mixed with traditional red chili seasoning on eggs when I have them. Leaving out the salt. Pretty tasty.

Of course around here if there’s any green Chile in the fridge that’s going on everything until it’s gone. :)

A1 is like third in line. Maybe. Ha.

Mostly just scrambled eggs and microwave chicken!

I call that meatloaf. Looks great!

Nah, this is a meatloaf! Three pounds of my wife's family meatloaf recipe; my contribution is the full bacon weave and smoking it for about 3.5 hours over apple and pecan wood. The baked potatoes, rubbed lightly with olive oil before going in the smoker, pick up just a tantalizing hint of the smoke as well, so they pair very well with the meatloaf.
upload_2020-6-30_14-25-17.jpeg

Nah, this is a meatloaf! Three pounds of my wife's family meatloaf recipe; my contribution is the full bacon weave and smoking it for about 3.5 hours over apple and pecan wood. The baked potatoes, rubbed lightly with olive oil before going in the smoker, pick up just a tantalizing hint of the smoke as well, so they pair very well with the meatloaf.
View attachment 87156

I humbly bow (salivating) at your feet. That is some meatloaf!

I love A-1 steak sauce but I'll never have it on a steak or on a burger!
There's a comic clipping in my files somewhere of two dogs talking over a bowl of dog food. One is holding a bottle. The caption reads, "Of course I put horseradish on dog food! You put steak sauce on steak, don't you?"

Nauga,
clippety clop

Back