Mission freakin' accomplished

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
4f5dfb2bd70a763c132590f4ebe8f94c.jpg

7785e380fdef5e65a53a7c7bb3a72eb1.jpg

Congrats, eman! Technically it's a $125 burger as there's a $25 landing fee, I believe!

And not quite a "hamburger", as I think it's a "bison burger?"

Congrats, eman! Technically it's a $125 burger as there's a $25 landing fee, I believe!
Wait, what? In order to spend money there, one must pay a cover charge? What is that place, a strip club??
Only in California, man.
(yes, I know very well what Catalina Island is :) )

Ah, those are yummy! Taste much better than plain beef. Reminds me of the Buffalo episode on Simpsons. :D

I expected more from such an upity place. Can't wait to hear your experience flying in that airspace!

Congratulations! We were at the 'Airport in the Sky' in December 2016 - it's a cool approach into the airport. :)

True and true. But It's also not technically the 'airport in the sky', it's actually firmly on the ground.

Looks like you used some of my pics!

Great trip, wasn't it?

Was that the Buffalo burger? (And I don't mean the kind with hot sauce).

Looks like you used some of my pics!

Great trip, wasn't it?

Was that the Buffalo burger? (And I don't mean the kind with hot sauce).

My pics.

GREAT trip. Other than the stupid landing fee, if I lived in the area it would be a regular stop for me.

Yes it was the tatanka burger.

Hopefully I got the approach and landing on video. When I get home I'll check the GoPro and see how it came out. Then maybe I'll do quick lil write up too.

Was able to go there a few times in the past when visiting Disneyland with my son (college age now). Fun place to fly. If flying in from out of state like I did, Fullerton is highly recommended as a base site for hitting all the neat SoCal areas (Yosemite, Catalina, etc.). KFUL controllers were excellent, FBO (father and son) are top notch and Fullerton is extremely close to Disneyland if you have young ones (taxi instead of rental).

When I read the thread title, I half expected to see you standing next to your newly acquired club airplane (whatever it turns out to be)... But I guess you should make sure you can acquire good hamburgers before laying down that kind of dough on an airplane...

When I read the thread title, I half expected to see you standing next to your newly acquired club airplane (whatever it turns out to be)... But I guess you should make sure you can acquire good hamburgers before laying down that kind of dough on an airplane...

There are many missions.

Take right now for example.....in line (a flippin insanely long line) at In n Out burger.

Have not flown to Catalina for over 25 years, and look forward to going again this summer.... how was the runway??.. had heard it is a little rough....

Have not flown to Catalina for over 25 years, and look forward to going again this summer.... how was the runway??.. had heard it is a little rough....

I would agree, a little rough. I personally didn't hit anything 'major' but was always looking out. It's not rough enough to prevent me from going there.

I saw the poster was eman and figured this thread would be about twins, a mother/daughter combination - that sort of thing.

But flying to Catalina is pretty cool too, I suppose.

Wait, what? In order to spend money there, one must pay a cover charge? What is that place, a strip club??
Only in California, man.
(yes, I know very well what Catalina Island is :) )

The landing fees go to the Catalina Conservancy. If you're going often you can join the Conservancy and they'll waive the landing fee.

You were only in town for a day?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I only had the one day to venture out on my own, the other coupl'a days was work related boolsheet. Well, I also wandered out one day to get In n Out.

Back