Missa's Motor cycle

You're also wearing the same safety gear that I wear!! ;)

Now this is how I dress when I am going riding!

Nearly gave myself heat stroke yesterday too... it was still fun.

90 in APRIL?????

Attachments

• DSC01858.JPG
    DSC01858.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
Is there a bike in that photo?..Oh yea there it is. The HOT Missa Distracted me. Nice bike too.

Why thank you... I'm suprised with this group it took till page two for anyone to say that.

Missa:devil:

Now this is how I dress when I am going riding!

Nearly gave myself heat stroke yesterday too... it was still fun.

90 in APRIL?????

This is why I was being misbehaven and was wearing slightly less gear. Still had the helmet/gloves/jeans/boots, though. And my windshield is sitting in Missa's garage, which I need to retrieve (it was a windy and chilly ride into work this morning).

You suck Missa! :p

I used to own a Feejer and it is my favorite bike of all time. I currently ride a fully kitted Kawasaki Versys that my best friend left me while he is in Afghanistan. The wife and I rode this Saturday after I spent two hours flying...what a GREAT weekend!

Enjoy the bike and wear the gear. Remember what they say, dress for the crash, not the ride.

Henning's bike is truly one of the ugliest I've ever seen. Some needs to stomp on its painter for ruining a good bike. I finally got the Goldwing up and running yesterday, then promptly misplaced the keys.

Keep in mind that what Missa has, nor what I have, are anything near crotch rockets.

There is a *HUGE* difference between a sport-touring bike and a sport (crotch rocket) bike.

Well .. I had in mind the sport bike type. I have one for "touring". Haha.

What do you call a Harley that doesn't leak oil?
Empty!

The most efficient way to convert gasoline into noise
without the adverse side effect of horsepower!

Did you know 95% of all Harleys are still on the road?
The other 5% actually made it home.

Is it true that Harleys are chick magnets?
Yes, but only if the chick has a steel plate in her head.

What's the cheapest way to get another 50hp from your Harley?
Trade it in on a Suzuki.

Why don't Harley riders sit on their bikes when the side stand is down?
They're afraid to lean over that far.

What's the difference between a Harley and a Harley owner's home?
The Harley costs more and has fewer wheels.

How do you know you're riding a Harley?
While coming off an exit-ramp you get passed by a Vespa.

Why don't Harley riders wave at sportbike riders?
Because they don't want to drop their tools.

How do you know all the aftermarket parts you bought for your Harley are worth the money?
You finally break into the 15's in the quarter mile!!!

What do you call a group of Harley Owners with a collective IQ of 120?
Sturgis!

How do Harley engineers tell if a bike is worthy of the Harley name?
They check to make sure the exhaust noise in decibels exceeds the horsepower rating.

Why don't Harley owners smile?
Once you realized you got conned into paying $25,000 for an outdated piece
of $#!+, would YOU be smiling?

What's the difference between a Harley Davidson and a vacuum cleaner?
The location of the dirtbags.

Why do Harleys have fringe?
So you can tell if they're moving.

How is a Harley Davidson like an old dog?
They both like to ride in the back of pickup trucks.

How do you know your Harley is handling great?
You can almost keep up with the logging trucks when you're riding in the canyons.

What is the difference between a Harley Davidson and an old dog?
The dog can get in the back of the pickup by itself.

Why couldn't the Harley mechanic repair the doorknob?
Some things just can't be fixed with only a hammer and a rope.

What's the difference between a Harley taken to Daytona on a trailer and one that's being ridden there?
The one on the trailer is going about 30mph faster.

Why do all Harley owners have trailers??
So they can go around corners faster!

Where can you find the world's largest collection of Harley jokes?
On the showroom of the Harley mega-store in Milwaukee.
(Alternate answer: At Sturgis)

You know you're a Harley rider if:
You're unable to let your bike simply IDLE at a stop light.

You confuse the word "character" with the more accurate term "engineering flaws".

"Water cooled" means standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a wrecker.

And the biggest (or at least the most expensive) Harley joke of all time: The Harley-Davidson VR-1000 superbike racer.

I hate helmet laws but i would never ride(even MOPED) W/O helmet gloves & shoes(perferably boots). no matter how hot it is.

I put a 6 inch line of curb paint on a helmet 35 years ago when an idiot in a 1969 Ford Mustang ran a stop sign and hit our Honda 175 broadside. I spent 5 days in the hospital, my wife spent 6. We still have after effects from the injuries. I was picking boot leather out of screw heads on the engine for a time afterwards before I had the bike repaired.

In high school and college I knew 4 people who needed helmets (us included). 3 had them and are alive today. 1 didn't, and he died at the scene (and he was riding a Harley). Small sample, 100% correlation.

People who ride without helmets should have their heads examined while they still have a head to examine.

Ride carefully and have fun. Be safe out there.

Gear is so much better than it used to be. Full face Snell-rated helmets are made that have tremendous ventilation. There are ones where the whole front of the helmet comes up so you can take it off without removing your sunglasses. There are jackets, pants, and gloves made of nylon mesh and armored, offering both protection and ventilation for the hot rides. Perhaps nothing will keep one cool in the summer desert heat, but then one shouldn't ride in the summer desert heat. I don't ride my bike in subzero temperatures because I can't get gear that will keep me warm enough (that and the ice).

keep this quiet but FIBs ride the tollways for free. We only make the Cheeseheads pay! It is a joke we play on the state to the north. :D:D:D

Heh... Reminds me of something I heard on a Milwaukee radio station shortly after a toll increase in IL:

"For all you FIB's out there - That's, uh, 'Friendly Illinois Brethren' - We have tolls in Wisconsin now too, but we have a more efficient method of collecting them. Every 10 miles, just open your window and throw 75 cents into the median. We've got a guy named Willy who goes out at night and collects it." :rofl:

bike pics!!! bike pics!!!!
Here are a couple of mine:

My 'James Bond' bike:
r1200c-1.jpg

Pair of these for when we want to play in the dirt:
IMG_1777.jpg

My Guzzi Breva (aka The Hooligan Bike) and a Guzzi Nevada:
msh2.jpg

My Honda Rebel (the commute bike), top of Beartooth Pass on the way to WI last summer.
Yes, I rode a 250cc bike on a 5,000 mile trip from WA to WI and back.
rebelbeartooth.jpg

Last edited:
Beartooth Pass... now there's a place that I have memories of. Lots of motorcycles, none of which were 250cc. You got something for taking a 250 on a trip like that. I'm not sure what it is, but you've got it. ;)

All nice bikes and superb engineering acomplishments. I'll do some dirt biking but, just can't bring myself to expose myself to the subjective dangers of the general public's drivers if I were on the road on a cycle.

I went back to dirt bikes after I sold the FJ1100. Even rode the Baja for my 50th B-day. Finally i became a Pilot. The thrill is the same, but the plane has a better heater. (even a C-150). I was never my ability I doubted, it is the idiots we share the roads with. DaveR

You got something for taking a 250 on a trip like that. I'm not sure what it is, but you've got it. ;)

Foolishness? hehehe
One of the reasons I took the 250 is because I wanted to show all them "250cc are only good for local/city riding" naysayers that you DON'T need all that spare power to get across the country. And taking it to the top of an 11,000' pass was just icing. But the best part was going to Aerostichs' Very Boring Rally in Duluth and getting the Lilliput Putt Putt Award for riding the smallest bike to the Rally. People were stunned that I rode that far on that little of a bike (and still had to ride it home.... hehehehe) And they couldn't believe that I even got pulled over for speeding. :rofl:

I'm even tempted to ride the Rebel to SoCal next week. maybe.

250s definitely have capabilities beyond around town, and anyone who says otherwise is not paying attention to basic physical realities. You can ride a bicycle cross-country if you want. I like my 1800 for long trips, but that's really due to the fact that it's comfortable, and has very little to do with the power. I'm sure you got much, much better mileage than I ever get. :)

I've thought about getting some sort of around-town bike for shorter trips and for being on the twisties, but for the amount I ride, it's just not worth it.

I rode a 400cc twin that went pokita pokita and trailed blue smoke from San Diego to Huaca City Mexico, thousands miles. I would have kept going to Guatemala but the thing fell over in a rainstorm and broke the clutch lever. Sold it for enough to stay drunk for a week and take a jet home.

I like my 1800 for long trips, but that's really due to the fact that it's comfortable, and has very little to do with the power. I'm sure you got much, much better mileage than I ever get. :)

I've thought about getting some sort of around-town bike for shorter trips and for being on the twisties, but for the amount I ride, it's just not worth it.

You're right, the bigger bikes are MUCH more comfy. I'll probably never take the Rebel on another trip like that, but it was fun to say that I did. I can usually squeeze about 90 mph out of that little bike, but when you're wide open on the road, it drops to about 65-70. That's the same that I get on the baby GS's or on my 750cc Shadow Aero.

SO many bikes out there, but I think we've hit our limit. Triumph Scrambler is a nice all around bike. One of the guys I work with has one. Loves it.

Nice gear, Missa. I had a Nolan N-series helmet, and loved it. It's exactly what was suggested to Nick earlier...

Nice gear, Missa. I had a Nolan N-series helmet, and loved it. It's exactly what was suggested to Nick earlier...

The Gear is all borrowed! But I'll take anouther picture after I go shopping this weekend at Iron Pony! :D

Back