Missa's Motor cycle

Missa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AsGoodAsCake
Took this just for you guys!

No I dodn't ride it this way, I didn't ride it at all. I was concerned about it getting bumpy on the way how which it did. Took an 1 1/2 hrs to get there and 2 3/4 hrs to get home... (WINDY) I think Ted was going faster on the motorcycle then I was in the air.

I am planning on riding it tomorrow... I can't wait.

Missa

Attachments

• DSC01856.JPG
    DSC01856.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 168
  • DSC01855.JPG
    DSC01855.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 104
Now we need to get you some tee-shirts:
"If you can read this, the dumb ba$tard fell off!"
:rofl:

Looks like you have the same rear luggage as me. The Givi trunk is nice, although over-priced.

dsc02086resized.jpg

I have to admit, I have trouble wanting that weight and freeboard located that high up on the bike... give me a nice set of low-mounted hard saddlebags and a rack and I can carry enough stuff to live in/on for months at a time! :)

I have to admit, I have trouble wanting that weight and freeboard located that high up on the bike... give me a nice set of low-mounted hard saddlebags and a rack and I can carry enough stuff to live in/on for months at a time! :)
Tom, it looks higher up then it is, honestly I can't notice it and I've had it pretty damn packed full before.

You can just keep strapping crap to the top. It's all very strong.
bandit_tent.jpg

That was clothes for two, a tent, an air-mattress, and air-pump, blankets, and pillows.

Tom, it looks higher up then it is, honestly I can't notice it and I've had it pretty damn packed full before.

bandit_tent.jpg

That was clothes for two, a tent, an air-mattress, and air-pump, blankets, and pillows.

Dude, as a pilot, I am concerned for your complete disregard of aerodynamics...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dude, as a pilot, I am concerned for your complete disregard of aerodynamics...:rofl::rofl::rofl:
It didn't really influence the mileage, realize I had a passenger on the back which sits higher than me. The combination of the front windshield, me, and then the passenger blocks almost all the wind from hitting that luggage in the first place.

No I dodn't ride it this way, I didn't ride it at all. I was concerned about it getting bumpy on the way how which it did. Took an 1 1/2 hrs to get there and 2 3/4 hrs to get home... (WINDY) I think Ted was going faster on the motorcycle then I was in the air.

Missa

Nice bike, btw, I ride in shorts, flip flops and sunglasses all the time. In the winter I wear a t shirt too.

2528969281_28835c5e50.jpg

Awesome! You and the bike are looking great...
Go - be bad and have fun. (If not, you'll always thought you shoulda!)

It didn't really influence the mileage, realize I had a passenger on the back which sits higher than me. The combination of the front windshield, me, and then the passenger blocks almost all the wind from hitting that luggage in the first place.

Yeah, but it looks wrong...:rofl::rofl::rofl: Who was riding beatch?

bandit_tent.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y9dkCJYB8M

'course there was the year that I was meeting the 'rents at Oshkosh - they took a motor home in the middle of the week - I was riding up for the weekend - before I left, they called with a list of things they forgot - including some folding chairs. I got it all there. Lots of bungee cords. :rofl:

Missa, that is one awesome bike.....

Considering its not a Cruiser :D

You're also wearing the same safety gear that I wear!! ;)

Henning...I'm sorry man.. I just can't picture you the purple type although I do like the bike!

And yes, believe me, I was impressed with the bike considering our load for that trip. At first you can't help but laugh and think "there is no way!" but sure enough, it worked out.

Look great, Missa. I suspect it would eat, swallow and spit out my "883."(couldn't find a photo) I really preferred my HOG, but not doing any long-haul riding these days, why do my short legs need 750 lbs. of comfort?

HR

Attachments

• flash15.jpg
    flash15.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 30
I'll stick with my American Iron
Dave G

Attachments

• Harley 002.jpg
    Harley 002.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Harley 003.jpg
    Harley 003.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 19
Since we are showing our bikes. About two years ago my wife gave me the "you have an airplane/glider" speech. After which we ended up buying her the bike below. So I go soaring she goes riding. She lets me commute to work on it and sometimes to the airport, 55MPG is really nice when gas is $4+ per gallon. Now she is really wants to upgrade to 1800 but might settle for a 1300.

Brian

Attachments

• IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 31

Missa

The FJR1300 is a really good bike and it looks like you're plenty tall for it. Enjoy! I always thought the electrically-adjustable windshield was a really trick feature.

FJRs seem to place well in the Iron Butt rallies, maybe you'll do one someday!

Trapper John

Well, as long we're sharing pictures of our bikes!

Attachments

• PICT0046.JPG
    PICT0046.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 19

Missa

Nice bike, Missa.

Maybe after I get some stuff paid off I'll buy me a crotch
rocket to ride around town.

RT

Nice bike, Missa.

Maybe after I get some stuff paid off I'll buy me a crotch
rocket to ride around town.

RT
Keep in mind that what Missa has, nor what I have, are anything near crotch rockets.

There is a *HUGE* difference between a sport-touring bike and a sport (crotch rocket) bike.

Is there a bike in that photo?..Oh yea there it is. The HOT Missa Distracted me. Nice bike too. my last street bike was the original FJ1100 (1984), & it was a great machine I had. I hate helmet laws but i would never ride(even MOPED) W/O helmet gloves & shoes(perferably boots). no matter how hot it is. I have been down through no fault of my own & these items save a lot of skin & pain. I had a pal who took off his gloves ( against my advice) then drove his bare knuckles into the back end of a bumble bee, almost wrecking before he got to the side of the road. your call, you know what your life is worth. DaveR (well over 200k on bikes when i quit street in 1986) (55k on the FJ alone in 20 months) American iron is ok if you don't mind heavy & slow& over priced.

Well, I've put close to 500 miles on Missa's bike between yesterday and today. She's put substantially fewer miles on it than that. ;)

It's a great riding bike. Very nimble and easy to ride, plus comfortable. I prefer mine, but that's why I bought it. :)

I'm exhausted. Time to pass out.

Is that a tinfoil hat you've got on?
Whirly gig, official hat of engineers the world round.

The shiny stuff is the flash reflecting off of the material of my bike clothes. It was very dark and stormy the morning that pic was taken. But it was a chance to ride on a brand new tollway in the Chicago area before they let cars on it. Not often you get to do that.

He always wears that....
Darn straight. You got a problem with that!! :D:D

Take the new bike for a ride yet Missa?

Looks like a very nice bike. The Givi cases are nice, though I would not like to pay for them. Please be careful.

Back