Minor Depression

anonymoose

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
anonymoose
I was told i have "minor depression", i didn't take any medication, I only saw her no more then 6 times, i want to get a third class medical, will this stop me?

I was told i have "minor depression", i didn't take any medication, I only saw her no more then 6 times, i want to get a third class medical, will this stop me?
You only saw her six times? I’ve seen some women far less than that and left the relationship feeling depressed. Drugs won’t help. You’ll be fine.

You only saw her six times? I’ve seen some women far less than that and left the relationship feeling depressed. Drugs won’t help. You’ll be fine.
I mean by her as my psychiatrist

Unfortunately, you have to report it since you saw a provider about it. No matter how "minor" it was, it's a mandatory deferral.

People get depressed from many life events. That doesn’t mean the person suffers from acute or chronic depression.

what does a deferral mean
The AME is not permitted to issue your medical certificate in his office. He must defer the decision to the Airmen Medical Certification Division of the FAA.

This also means a significant wait (as in many months) as the medical certification system is suffering major major logjams.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back