Mile High Crew

The following joke is from a comedian, whose name escapes me (or I'd give him credit):

A captain gets on the intercom and gives the standard cruise announcement. He thinks he turned off the intercom but forgot. He proceeds to tell the FO "well, I think I'll go take a s-- then f--- the stewardess." This goes over the intercom to the cabin. A stewardess starts running up the aisle to tell the captain to turn off the intercom, but trips and falls at the feet of an old lady. As the the stewardess is getting up the old lady says to her "there's no sense in running, honey-you heard him say he was going to take a s--- first."

I guess I need to fly BA more. Of course, given the appearance of most of the United flight attendants I've had in the last decade, I'm glad to forgo the sexual relations.

There was one on UA 300 from SFO to HNL this past Sunday who was definitely not in that category. I commented to my wife that I had trouble understanding how she had enough seniority to successfully bid that route.

The following joke is from a comedian, whose name escapes me (or I'd give him credit):

A captain gets on the intercom and gives the standard cruise announcement. He thinks he turned off the intercom but forgot. He proceeds to tell the FO "well, I think I'll go take a s-- then f--- the stewardess." This goes over the intercom to the cabin. A stewardess starts running up the aisle to tell the captain to turn off the intercom, but trips and falls at the feet of an old lady. As the the stewardess is getting up the old lady says to her "there's no sense in running, honey-you heard him say he was going to take a s--- first."

The way I heard it is he said he could really use a Martini and a BJ. As the flight attendant runs forward the passenger tells her not to forget the Martini.

I've flown over 3,000,000 miles commercially and have never been propositioned by a FA.

Exactly 3,ooo,ooo? You actually keep track of that? :confused:

Exactly 3,ooo,ooo? You actually keep track of that? :confused:

Well, I am a million miler on two different airlines, and 100's of thousands on assorted others over the year. I am currently at 1.3+ on American Airlines

There was one on UA 300 from SFO to HNL this past Sunday who was definitely not in that category. I commented to my wife that I had trouble understanding how she had enough seniority to successfully bid that route.
In the last two years United has hired over 3k new FA's and frankly its changed the make up and selection...and to some degree transformed the service side of United for the better...its also not unusual now for a FA fresh off probation to get a line in some bases and be able to trade or pick up trips...also a reserve FA could have been given it for a sick or DQ'd crew member because of a schedule conflict when weather of cancelations are screwing with the system...My wife works 5-6 days a month and gives up great trips all the time...

It seems that most of the stews I see now are either a Gay fella or an older lady that looks to "grandma-ee" to even think about it.

It seems that most of the stews I see now are either a Gay fella or an older lady that looks to "grandma-ee" to even think about it.

That was the majority of the FAs at my airline. :(

But I must say most of the gay male FAs were outstanding and did a great job back there (not that geez).

That was the majority of the FAs at my airline. :(

But I must say most of the gay male FAs were outstanding and did a great job back there (not that geez).
They do just fine but then again it doesn't take much to push a cart and pour a drink. The stews really have a crummy job these days dealing with all the idiots, they really do earn their pay and I go out of my way to treat them with the utmost respect.

Last time I flew on Southwest was when they were wearing hot pants and looked good.

What do you think about all this new "electricity, paved roads and color television sets"?

Indoor plumbing is what blows my mind. Used to nice sitting out in that cold outhouse with on one bugging ya!

Back