Mile High Club in actual IFR without autopilot, is it doable?

Are you serious? Your never going to make it to be an old bold pilot.

O.k., thread drift or hack or whatever you call it time.

private-mile-high-club-experience.jpg

So be honest. Would you set the A/P? Or stay legal? :lol:

O.k., thread drift or hack or whatever you call it time.

So be honest. Would you set the A/P? Or stay legal? :lol:

I'm landing at an unattended field...

Depends how good you can multitask. I second the try it at night with no horizon first in Class G. I wouldn't want to be doing it under positive control until I knew I could keep limits.

:rolleyes2:
Sure, the local MHC does this all the time. Typically on Sundays after the scheduled chemtrail run on the good people of Sedona, we meet up for a few beers and then swap wives and jump in the C150's in search of some solid IMC the class A. As was already pointed out, just be sure to file a flight plan as it makes your airplane even more immune to crashing than being IFR. Protip: if you squawk 8069 it's a secret code that only ATC can see and it lets them know what you're up to. They'll give you more radio privacy and a few extra miles of separation.

Fly hard and keep trolling, my friend.

The next question is how do you log this? Does she get to do so on the basis of being the sole manipulator of the pilot in command?

Personally I don't think you've joined the MHC until you've done it on an airliner. Too easy to do it in your own airplane (however foolhardy).

Our OP may or may not be a troll, but he is certainly a cad.

I'd worry about not looking out the window, missing traffic.
Oh, wait. What's 90 seconds.

Personally I don't think you've joined the MHC until you've done it on an airliner. Too easy to do it in your own airplane (however foolhardy).

You HAVE to be joking! You really think it counts for more on an airliner vs in your own A/C while acting as PIC?????

Really?

Furthermore, do you really think its foolhardy to join while acting as PIC, even in day VFR conditions?

While it certainly is slightly more risky joining even in day VFR, I can't imagine its more dangerous than flying solo at night, for example.

I'm hoping this is a "tongue-in-cheek" thread, because this is the kind of irresponsible BS that takes its toll on GA. If you decide to do this, I hope you don't take any innocent bystanders with you if/when you "screw it" into the ground! :loco:

I'm hoping this is a "tongue-in-cheek" thread, because this is the kind of irresponsible BS that takes its toll on GA. If you decide to do this, I hope you don't take any innocent bystanders with you if/when you "screw it" into the ground! :loco:

Just do it somewhere far away from anyone else on the ground and preferably somewhere where you wont be found and when nobody knows you were flying. Maybe go internationally and try it.

We get enough bad press every time there's an in-flight emergency that the news blows up to "SUPER TINY SMALL PLANE FLOWN BY AMATEUR PILOT ERUPTS INTO MOLTEN LAVA AND MELTS 800 DAY CARE KIDS OMG!!!! I HEARD EVEN DRANK A BEER ONCE IN HIS LIFE CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

If you go some where else, if it goes wrong the rest of us wont have to pay for your fetish if it goes wrong, or answer 500 questions every time our non-pilot friends lump us into your category

With all due respect, I think you guys really are overly concerned about this being truly dangerous vs something that just has a slightly higher risk.

With reactions like this, you would think that what I am wanting to do is just as bad on the transgression scale as flying drunk.

IMHO, flying drunk is light years worse than joining MHC, (even in IMC), let alone CAVU, and the FAA obviously agrees with me since there are no FAR's against joining the MHC, but very strict FAR's obviously against flying under the infulence.

1. I think this is a joke / troll / whatever-you-want-to-call it.

2. If not, it's certainly a bad idea / dangerous / bad for GA when you crash / etc.

3. If for some reason you're going to do it anyway, I would think it would be much easier on a vector or long airway so you can just maintain an (approx) altitude and track or heading rather than having to do a bunch of maneuvering to stay within 3nm of a fix. That winds up being close to flying a 2-minute hold, which just seems excessive, unless you're trying to prove something.

"Cessna 12345, request block altitude 7000 to 8000 within a 3 nm radius of POTIN intersection"

With all due respect, I think you guys really are overly concerned about this being truly dangerous vs something that just has a slightly higher risk.

With reactions like this, you would think that what I am wanting to do is just as bad on the transgression scale as flying drunk.

IMHO, flying drunk is light years worse that joining, even in IMC, let alone CAVU, and the FAA obviously agrees with me since there are no FAR's against joining the MHC, but very strict FAR's obviously against flying under the infulence.

That is the most idiotic statement I've ever read on here! When your flying, keep your blood supply in the head on your shoulders not the one between your legs...

Last edited:
1. I think this is a joke / troll / whatever-you-want-to-call it.
The way the OP is playing it makes me think of it more as a troll than a joke. A *good* troll though, with just enough ambiguity that enough people take it seriously to keep the thread going.

IMHO, flying drunk is light years worse than joining MHC, (even in IMC), let alone CAVU, and the FAA obviously agrees with me since there are no FAR's against joining the MHC, but very strict FAR's obviously against flying under the infulence.

Actually, my real concern is you posting something admitting to a violation of at least 91.13 (careless or reckless) and maybe 91.11 (interference with a crew member) for your wife.

Since it was your wife, I presume 91.147 didn't come into play there (compensation or hire)? Or maybe we need a new special section in part 91, subpart D (special operations)?

Come on, you knew it was going to turn this way eventually, right? At least I'm trying to put some humor in there too...

Personally, I think having to deal with flight procedures while playing hide the salami would be a real boner killer. I'm either in pilot mode, or I'm in freak mode, but not both at the same time.

For the record, I think it's a terrible idea, as is flying drunk. Now in a car, I'm not against having a couple drinks, and Little Arrow has had to do some overtime from the driver's seat once or twice as well.

You HAVE to be joking! You really think it counts for more on an airliner vs in your own A/C while acting as PIC?????

Really?

Absolutely. What's the difference between doing "it" in your aircraft vs. your couch? Or your bed? Or your shower or whatever? You're in private quarters. Yeah, the aircraft is moving, but keeping it straight and level really isn't that hard for most of us. Not sufficiently difficult that we'd brag about it.

Now doing on an airliner involves considerable intrigue, since you have to hide your activity from the flight crew and fellow passengers. Its a challenge and takes some creativity, which is why its worth some bragging rights.

That said, some of us don't boast about where, when or how we had intimate relations with our spouses.

Furthermore, do you really think its foolhardy to join while acting as PIC, even in day VFR conditions?

Depends. If your woman is giving you fellatio while you fly the aircraft and look out for traffic then no. If you are more of an active participant then yes. Humans are incapable of doing two things at once. And I really and truly don't need a blow by blow of your experience, thank you.

While it certainly is slightly more risky joining even in day VFR, I can't imagine its more dangerous than flying solo at night, for example.

Wrong again genius. Flying on a clear night in the more populous sections of the country isn't really that much different than flying during the daytime. You have a good horizon and often smooth air. Landing is a bit different, but so long as you don't succumb to optical illusions isn't all that much harder.

Depends. If your woman is giving you fellatio while you fly the aircraft and look out for traffic then no.

He said his wife...not his girlfriend...as they say, a bride has a huge smile on her face as she walks up the aisle because she knows she's given her last B.J.

As I've said before, when it comes to sex, after 29 years of marriage, I get far more falacio than I do fellatio.

And when it comes to shooting approaches, married women I know prefer the ILS (injest less semen).

:goofy:

(Those are all just jokes ladies:) )

:confused: Airliners are easy, lavs hold 2 people no problem. Blankets used to be bigger back in the day for in seat activity, but over nighters in business class leave plenty of opportunities.

Back