Midwest POA Janebruary Lunch February 3, 2024 1200 EST Rick's Boatyard KEYE

Wait? Y’all planning a Midwest lunch and measuring in eastern time zone?

Shouldn’t you measure in Lambeau time?
Totally negatory. That’s for cheeseheads. Us FIBs mark time with new quarterbacks.

Someone screwed up our forecast and made it MVFR tomorrow. I still need a maintenance shake out lap and won't be doing that in MVFR. So if the clouds do happen, I'm out. :(

”change of plans, 1:30pmET instead of 2”. I think Eman needs his own thread for Pig in Poke.

Is this for Rick’s? Thought Jim K said 1200?.? BTW… If I remember correctly, Rick’s is really slow, so you may not even eat until an 1 hr after you order.

PS- I’m waiting to see a final meet time before committing.

Last edited:
”change of plans, 1:30pmET instead of 2”. I think Eman needs his own thread for Pig in Poke.

Is this for Rick’s? Thought Jim K said 1200?.? BTW… If I remember correctly, Rick’s is really slow, so you may not even eat until an 1 hr after you order.

PS- I’m waiting to see a final meet time before committing.

dude, I'm tryin'a troll here, sheesh

If those of you that are going to make it to KEYE tomorrow can reply with something confirming you’re coming I will go
Early to Ricks to make sure we have seating for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If those of you that ate going to make it to KEYE tomorrow can reply with something confirming you’re coming I will go

I should be there at the airport north ramp by 1130. I’m assuming they are still parking on the north side and able to walk across?

If those of you that are going to make it to KEYE tomorrow can you reply with something confirming you’re coming. I will go early to Ricks to make sure we have seating for all of us.

Yeah, I’ll drop a note. If it is IFR though and I get to tour all the west of Ohare glory and majesty of Rockford, probably going to be late.

Got a flight review to give tomorrow. Gotta pay for all this crap…

0ab693538fc1de68c20fabe2683615ca.jpg

The updated TAF puts the ceiling at a height where I could do some pattern work to test out what I need to and then pick up a clearance over to Indy. But if the clouds don't lift in time, I'll be out. Still a maybe for me.

If those of you that are going to make it to KEYE tomorrow can reply with something confirming you’re coming I will go

I'll be there solo. I'm a bit worried about ramp space with the nice weather. Maybe take some cones and rope with you and set up designated POA parking for us :biggrin:

There is plenty of ramp space! Parking will not be an issue unless we have more airplanes coming in than we had at Rough River last spring

1 airplane + 4 pax total

So this is what 7am looks like wow a whole another world.

Getting ready will prob be there around noon or a few after. See ya!

Not so beautiful here in central Ohio. We have a Stratus deck with IFR ceilings. Not going to scatter out till after 1200L EST. Looks like I’m in all likelihood out. If things change I’ll message here. It would just be me.

Time for me to get IFR current! :incazzato:

Are we going to have the debate about the definition of the Midwest again?
Debating the definition of the Midwest is the definition of the Midwest.

It’s seems to be breaking up, and thinning out. TAF has things clearing up by noon.

UGN is fine, GYY is IFR right now. Hmmm, I guess I can start the journey and turn back if needed.

Put me down for 1 person. Leaving soon.

Well, I’m definitely out. AIRMET is showing IFR till 1300. Actually seems to have gotten worse and moved further south into Ohio. Catch you all another time. Can’t even get out to get down to Sporty’s today.

I'm going to be a little late...IMG_20240203_100537837_HDR.jpg

I went back to UGN. Weather was not as predicted, I’m on the ground. I’ll check wx again and see if I can make another attempt.

Back