Midwest Mini Fly-in

As long at the weather is with us, I'm headed up that weekend and would love to link up.

Best,

Dave

I won't be able to make it next weekend since I will be in Oklahoma.

As previously stated, Ill be in Memphis. Anyone who wants to stop by between wednesday and sunday is more than welcome!

Hey folks! The weather is lookin good from my trip up to the freezer (Portage, WI) on Friday. Anyone still thinking of linking up? Sunday for late lunch would work best for me, but could consider other options depending on what my nieces are up to.

I'll have to stop at Rockford on the way up and back to drop off and pick up a friend flying up with me.

Best,

Dave

Hey folks! The weather is lookin good from my trip up to the freezer (Portage, WI) on Friday. Anyone still thinking of linking up? Sunday for late lunch would work best for me, but could consider other options depending on what my nieces are up to.

I will if I can, but like I mentioned before I can't specifically ask off for this weekend, as I have a 3-day weekend coming the following weekend. Freight's been slow though, so I might be able to swing through. I'll post when I have a clue (probably Friday).

I'll have to stop at Rockford on the way up and back to drop off and pick up a friend flying up with me.

Best,

Dave

I should be available either Saturday or Sunday.

No promises, but I have a three-day weekend, and may be able to work something out.

Hey y'all. Weather looks good for a trip up to the great white ice-a-box-a tomorrow; so, let me know if we're gonna meet up that-a-way somewhere.

Best,

Dave

Sunday is saying -1 and 17 and that is the warmer day. I would have to go and come back the same day rather than stay over in BRF. To cold to try and start on the ramp over night. I could come if enough people made it worth while. Other wise Dave I'll be down in your neck of the woods Feb 28th for a couple of days.

Dan

Sunday is saying -1 and 17 and that is the warmer day. I would have to go and come back the same day rather than stay over in BRF. To cold to try and start on the ramp over night. I could come if enough people made it worth while. Other wise Dave I'll be down in your neck of the woods Feb 28th for a couple of days.

Dan

What's BRF??

Hey y'all. Weather looks good for a trip up to the great white ice-a-box-a tomorrow; so, let me know if we're gonna meet up that-a-way somewhere.

It looks like I'm out. I'm on my way to Mississippi. (Ahem Steve... :) )

Enjoy your visit, Dave, and stay warm!!! (Good luck with that, by the way!)

The 430W is installed, but no test flight. Bird remains in Bloomington, IL. Sigh.

The 430W is installed, but no test flight. Bird remains in Bloomington, IL. Sigh.

430W? Cooooooool. Did you make any other changes to the panel?

Also, was yours an upgrade to an existing 430, or a new unit? Can't remember what you had before.

Well, the turnout was sparse, but Lance and I linked up at Waterloo, IA yesterday about 3:00 for lunch. Dealt with a little icing on the climb out from Rockford and the approach to Waterloo. Not a day for non-K-ice planes yesterday!!

Best,

Dave

Well, the turnout was sparse, but Lance and I linked up at Waterloo, IA yesterday about 3:00 for lunch. Dealt with a little icing on the climb out from Rockford and the approach to Waterloo. Not a day for non-K-ice planes yesterday!!

Best,

Dave
Yeah, I was looking at the pireps and thinking that even had I been able to get a plane, I wouldn't have been able to make the trip. Hope you two had a good lunch!

Actually, lunch could have been free if we would have let our waiter go topless!! He did offer, Lance wondered what he would charge to stay dressed!!

I was a bad day, but at least Lance and I got together. If more folks would have wanted to, we could have moved the rondeveaux point, but it still wasn't a fun day to be flyin unless you like instrument procedures in icing conditions. The high was 10F the last day I was in Portage. My nieces said it had warmed a bit before I got there.

We focused on indoor activities. (Just another reason to go to the Madison Mall!)

Geesh!

Best,

Dave

Actually, lunch could have been free if we would have let our waiter go topless!! He did offer, Lance wondered what he would charge to stay dressed!!

Well, Jesse and Tony might have showed up anyway. ;)

We focused on indoor activities. (Just another reason to go to the Madison Mall!)

East Towne, I take it? (Right off the interstate on 151/E. Washington Blvd.)

It's been too darn cold up there lately. Right now, I'm kinda glad I'm in LA (Louisiana, not Los Angeles) sitting here with my windows down. :yes:

Well, the turnout was sparse, but Lance and I linked up at Waterloo, IA yesterday about 3:00 for lunch.

Heh... When you first posted Waterloo (without the state), I thought you meant Watertown. There is a Waterloo, WI too that isn't too far from Watertown. I was kinda wondering why you'd go to RFD first!

Proof...:)

Kent and Protege at MCB. I didn't realize Kent's "big rig" was so short...:rofl:

Pic 1...Kent transitioning from IAR to OTR.
Pic 2...Kent and Nick (no, not that Nick)

It's been too darn cold up there lately. Right now, I'm kinda glad I'm in LA (Louisiana, not Los Angeles) sitting here with my windows down. :yes:

Attachments

• KSMCB1.JPG
    KSMCB1.JPG
    638.2 KB · Views: 20
  • KSMCB2.JPG
    KSMCB2.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 23
Proof...:)

Kent and Protege at MCB. I didn't realize Kent's "big rig" was so short...:rofl:

I can't quite make it out, but is that a 6Y9 hat Kent is wearing there?:)

Nope - WH Transportation. I save most of my flying-related hats for when I'm not getting covered in grease. :yes:

Geez.. You mean Steve made you help change the oil in the IAR while you were there? *note to self: Don't visit Steve at his home field.* ;)

Heh... When you first posted Waterloo (without the state), I thought you meant Watertown. There is a Waterloo, WI too that isn't too far from Watertown. I was kinda wondering why you'd go to RFD first!

Sorry! Lance kinna picked Waterloo, IA as a place in between him and RFD so we could link up. Nice airport with a small terminal and a restaurant and FBO.

Best,

Dave

I can tell them apart because my trainee is spelled Nik. ;)

I started a new thread over here so that the non-midwesterners who aren't reading the thread can see the pics. :yes:

Back