Midwest Mini Fly-in

The Viking is Fast. Although kinda cold. Lance thanks for the books I finished both of them, Very interesting reading for any turbo owner or wana be.

Dan

Dan,

It was nice meeting you... Welcome to the "good board!" :yes:

I had that happen when I pulled the alternate air in the DA-20 when I ran into the icing. Did some more looking in the POH about the lack of a pitot heat. Turns out pitot heat is optional equipment.

Shouldn't be optional in Minnesota! :no:

It was fun meeting everyone. We'll have to do that again someday!

The Viking is Fast. Although kinda cold. Lance thanks for the books I finished both of them, Very interesting reading for any turbo owner or wana be.

Dan
Dan,
Sorry I couldn't make it up to meet you, especially since you're from such a wonderfully named town! :goofy:

Which books are you referring to? We're getting a Turbo 182 on line, and I wouldn't mind learning a little something.

Hey guys; just chatted with the girls and am planning on making a visit on the weekend of February 10th. Maybe that Sunday we could link up somewhere on my way home.

Best,

Dave

Hey guys; just chatted with the girls and am planning on making a visit on the weekend of February 10th. Maybe that Sunday we could link up somewhere on my way home.

Best,

Dave

If the plane is out of annual, and the weather is good, I will make it.

Ill be in Memphis that weekend at the SSAs national convention.

Dan

That was quick. I suggest you Xerox the pressure ratio graphs for any turbo's you might consider. When you get a chance you might fly them back and we'll have lunch here.

That was quick. I suggest you Xerox the pressure ratio graphs for any turbo's you might consider. When you get a chance you might fly them back and we'll have lunch here.

I think Dave has got something planned for Baraboo Feb 11. If that is soon enough. Otherwise we have friends across the street from Flying cloud we could visit.

By the way when were you changing out the DAC. I have an appointment on Mon in St. Cloud for Transponder and ASI checks.

Dan

I think Dave has got something planned for Baraboo Feb 11. If that is soon enough. Otherwise we have friends across the street from Flying cloud we could visit.

There's no big hurry on the books, I was just offering you an excuse to go flying.

By the way when were you changing out the DAC. I have an appointment on Mon in St. Cloud for Transponder and ASI checks.

Dan

The replacement is on order. I expect to be making the swap within the next week or two. I'll be talking to the shop today and I'll mention your interest. I suspect they'd prefer to do the install, but since it's "used" they probably don't have to. What does Dave charge for an xpndr/static/altimeter check?

Sunday the 11th somewhere sounds great to me. Friday, I'll leave for Portage, may stop at Rockford on the way and may need to stop at OSH to get one niece and bring her to Portage. (This is getting complicated !!).

Best,

Dave

There's no big hurry on the books, I was just offering you an excuse to go flying.

The replacement is on order. I expect to be making the swap within the next week or two. I'll be talking to the shop today and I'll mention your interest. I suspect they'd prefer to do the install, but since it's "used" they probably don't have to. What does Dave charge for an xpndr/static/altimeter check?

I'll let you know on Monday. Last time I think it was $200.00 but we had to do some adjusting.

Dan

Lance can you see if the person that was looking for a radio coupler is interested in my new one. I may want to try and trade it for the DAC GDC 31, if he does not.

Dan

Lance can you see if the person that was looking for a radio coupler is interested in my new one. I may want to try and trade it for the DAC GDC 31, if he does not.

Dan

He was out of town last week. I don't know when he's due back, but I left phone messages. I'll let you know when I find out more. Also I'm told my new roll steering converter is supposed to arrive Monday so I might be getting it installed next week.

Hey Jesse,

Where's the picture?

dsc005368is.jpg

trisporter5bw.jpg

trisporter17eq.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Jesse, you're the only one in the pic who doesn't have a funny face... How'd that happen? :p :rofl:

And it looks like Tris got a ride in the Porterfield... Cool! Howd'ja like it? Poor thing probably couldn't lift me. :(

Wow Jesse, you're the only one in the pic who doesn't have a funny face... How'd that happen? :p :rofl:

Easy, Remember..I took about 10 pictures. I just chose the one where *I* looked the best.

And it looks like Tris got a ride in the Porterfield... Cool! Howd'ja like it? Poor thing probably couldn't lift me. :(
Yea I think I turned chinese in the lunch picture. Not sure how that happend. The porterfield was pretty neat actualy, its fun to do some slow fun flying with no particular purpose! I'd deffinitly do that again, I love trying new airplanes!

One of these days my flights are gonna be as cool to look at as Jesse's. Maybe find a biplane and do some loops, rolls, and fast low passes!

That's a great video!

Great of Lance to get out and hand prop that thing in that kinda weather.

Tristan sure has a great smile!

Looking forward to getting up that way. If the P-Baron doesn't start right up, I know Lance can help <vbg>

Best,

Dave

Thanks for the compliment dave. The last two pictures aren't too bad but I think I look pretty goofy in the group shot. Flashes can do really weird things to your expressions I guess!

Ok Lance, the Porterfield is now going to be required to make a showing at Prickett Grooms on Labor Day. It just fits in there!

Ok Lance, the Porterfield is now going to be required to make a showing at Prickett Grooms on Labor Day. It just fits in there!

I've been trying to talk him into flying it to Gastons--He's getting too spoiled by the Baron.

Thanks for the compliment dave. The last two pictures aren't too bad but I think I look pretty goofy in the group shot. Flashes can do really weird things to your expressions I guess!

One of my nieces is very sensitive as to how she looks in pics. So much so, she often asks me not to include her.

She always looks great to me <g> Don't understand all the fussin about my hair wasn't quite right, etc.

Don't know you well, but I didn't see any pic where you don't look great!

Best,

Dave

Yes it would fit well, but I'm not so sure I'm up to a 4 hr flight each way, we'll see. At least it's closer than Gaston's.

A four hour flight is merely 2 2 hour flights. LOL

hey it cant be that bad lance. in a couple weeks im flying a cessna 140 to Memphis! I cant wait!

hey it cant be that bad lance. in a couple weeks im flying a cessna 140 to Memphis! I cant wait!

We'll be anxiously awaiting your post about how great it was when you get there. :D

Of course, getting to fly somewhere for free or better yet for money, well, that makes the discomfort a little more bearable. :yes:

i dunno, from my time in another 140 getting my tailwheel endorsement, i didnt find them to be that uncomfortable. may grab a piece of tempur foam that i use in the glider.

Lance:

You held out longer than that when we flew to Florida---oh, you mean the plane's endurance :rofl:

Yep. 13 gallons useful, 4 gph (and no way to lean if I wanted to). You do the math.

And to Tony, for someone of my (average) size the Porterfield is quite a bit more cramped than a 140, especially if you are in the 140 by yourself (or even if you bring Matt along, he doesn't take up much space).

ill have another average sized guy with me.

I guess you'll just have to squeeze the Baron into 6Y9. Based on my landing in it, its a good thing its you instead of me!

ill have another average sized guy with me.

I guess you'll just have to squeeze the Baron into 6Y9. Based on my landing in it, its a good thing its you instead of me!

No worries, it will be a totally different experience this year.

It looks like it is going to warm up by the 11th are we still on?

Dan

Back