Mid air Crash at Johnson Creek Video.

A very similar thing happened when NASCAR fame car owner, Jack Roush crashed his jet at OSH in front of hundreds of witnesses... In less then 24 hours ,he /his legal team was able to seize/ shut down/ pay off probably a dozen people who had video'ed the crash .......just to get it out of public view.... All it takes is MONEY...:(.....;)

I got to view the series of pics. If I knew this would have happened, I would have saved them.

A very similar thing happened when NASCAR fame car owner, Jack Roush crashed his jet at OSH in front of hundreds of witnesses... In less then 24 hours ,he /his legal team was able to seize/ shut down/ pay off probably a dozen people who had video'ed the crash .......just to get it out of public view.... All it takes is MONEY...:(.....;)
That one took all of 30 seconds to find in the NTSB accident docket.

Nauga,
and a little 'ready, fire, aim'

I can do better than that. Call Avemco and ask them about it. They won't be making up. You sound like hockey's brother.

I've read my policy. It has no such exclusion. You have a policy to post?

I didn't think so.

Call Avemco indeed. They're not even my insurance carrier. Perhaps you should shop around.

Hockey showed up blabbing about flying outside the standard published envelope of his aircraft.

You show up blabbing that insurance policies say things that they don't.

I'm saying "Back up your BS. Post a policy that excludes fly-ins.", Having read mine, I know you're so full of it that your eyes are deep brown.

Last edited:
If that's true then airlines are just using radios for the fun of it....right? I would sure like to see where you conjured up that info.
airlines do many things that we don't do. Fact is, NORDO traffic is legal, very common, and is not involved in hardly any incidents.

I can do better than that. Call Avemco and ask them about it. They won't be making up. You sound like hockey's brother.
ask what, precisely ?

I have an avemco policy.
fly-in's, no problem.
Unpaved runways, no problem.
Off-airport operations, no problem.

Your turn, please copy-paste the specific language.

Since a fly-in is nothing more than a few more airplanes than normal landing at a usually-public use airport, it's sort of a difficult thing to prohibit.

I also have never heard of a policy that disallows fly ins, I can't imagine any state allowing that language in one of their products.

That one took all of 30 seconds to find in the NTSB accident docket.

Nauga,
and a little 'ready, fire, aim'

Wow................

Kool...

Care to share a link to all the Roush crash videos ???:yes:..

Thanks in advance...

No, it's not. It's a classic example of "hold my beer and watch this" as some cowboy does a low pass in the midst of landing and departing traffic.

NORDO traffic is common and, big picture, not a safety problem. The vast majority of mid-aire occorr between airplanes both equipped with radios. many of them also while talking to a control tower.

I remember this video pretty well. Too bad it's not still up because you seem to have forgotten some of the details. If this Arrow pilot was a cowboy, then this fly in was a rodeo. All the planes were doing low passes for the guy who was making the video. The video clip opened with a low pass by a red and white Piper Tri Pacer IIRC. Then the camera turns back to get ready for the next low pass.

What really happened was the Arrow saw the traffic that was in the one in the open of the video and thought that plane was the traffic he was following, but it wasn't. There was another plane very similar to the one he could see just beneath him. The enormous blind spot that exists for low wing airplanes no doubt nicely covered the traffic he crashed into.

IMO, this truly was what people call an accident, but if you prefer to think this was all the fault of a drunken cowboy blasting into an otherwise perfectly ordered traffic pattern while watching a magenta line on TV, go for it. As any good lawyer can tell you, assigning blame makes the world a safer place. He might also tell you that just as flying around NORDO is perfectly legal, so are low passes by cowboys.

No, it's not. It's a classic example of "hold my beer and watch this" as some cowboy does a low pass in the midst of landing and departing traffic.

The fact that he was being an idiot about the low pass does not eliminate the possibility that the plane he hit was obscured by the structure of his plane and thus impossible to "see and avoid". It also says nothing about the Tri-Pacer's inability to "see and avoid".

Perhaps the reason he thought it was okay was because he saw no planes in his way and heard no calls on the radio to clue him in that a plane was on final. The radio call *could* have made the difference.

Similarly, if the landing aircraft had a radio and the Arrow had announced he was about to do a low pass, the lower aircraft could have said, "Hey, Arrow, I'm on short final, watch out for me."

Bottom line is that "see and avoid" is not 100% failsafe and NORDO aircraft lack a tool that can improve situational awareness for everybody.

Just because it's perfectly legal doesn't mean it's equally safe.

Last edited:
At least one video survived that kinda showed the crash...
Now note that it was on a government website and didn't require a FOIA request.

Nauga,
who can't always get what he wants, but if he tries sometimes...;)

Now note that it was on a government website and didn't require a FOIA request.

Nauga,
who can't always get what he wants, but if he tries sometimes...;)

And notice it was UPSIDE DOWN... And,,, was the worst video of the event...:rolleyes:

And notice it was UPSIDE DOWN... And,,, was the worst video of the event...:rolleyes:
It's not there for your entertainment. Turn your monitor upside down or stand on your head. Or play it backwards if you want a happier ending.

Nauga,
who looks before he leaps

It's not there for your entertainment. Turn your monitor upside down or stand on your head. Or play it backwards if you want a happier ending.

Nauga,
who looks before he leaps

:thumbsup:..............................:rolleyes:

Back