Microsoft cofounder Paul Allen died

He did so many amazing things. Particularly in the Seattle area. He'll be sorely missed.

Saw him often sitting courtside under the basket at Portland Trailblazers games. He owned the Blazers, along with the Seattle Seahawks.

Allen used to own the B-757, N757AF, now owned by POTUS.

I saw a biography on Paul Allen a few years ago. At one point Bill Gates and Steve Balmer tried to cut him out of Microsoft when he first got sick. It looked like him and Gates eventually mended fences.
I think Paul Allen had a significant airplane collection.

I saw a biography on Paul Allen a few years ago. At one point Bill Gates and Steve Balmer tried to cut him out of Microsoft when he first got sick. It looked like him and Gates eventually mended fences.
I think Paul Allen had a significant airplane collection.

Yep. Flying Heritage Collection at KPAE. He has some very cool stuff. In addition to a Mustang, Spitfire, and P-47 he has several German aircraft, tanks, and a MiG-29 (yes you read that right...)

ISI wonder how this will affect the Statolaunch project?

170531-stratolaunch-630x354.jpg

Don’t forget, Space Ship One probably wouldn’t have been successful without him as well.

Wonder if they will make a casket cover that mimics the BSD????:confused:

Very interesting guy, did and supported lots of things over his life. I think it would have been quite interesting to have been able to have dinner and a long conversation with him.

Wonder if they will make a casket cover that mimics the BSD????:confused:

Paul Allen left Microsoft a full 10 years before Microsoft added the blue screen bugcheck for the first time. (In Windows NT 3.1)

It’s not really a part of Paul Allen’s legacy.

He always seemed like a nice guy, as did Steve Wozniak on the Apple side. Meanwhile the front men on both sides (Gates and Jobs), not so much.

Paul Allen left Microsoft a full 10 years before Microsoft added the blue screen bugcheck for the first time. (In Windows NT 3.1)

It’s not really a part of Paul Allen’s legacy.

I don’t think he was being serious about Allen’s connection with the bsod (nor was I when I posted the pic). It’s just a bit of dark humor related to a pillar in Microsoft’s leadership history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He always seemed like a nice guy, as did Steve Wozniak on the Apple side. Meanwhile the front men on both sides (Gates and Jobs), not so much.
Agreed. I do think that Gates’s wife and family had some influence on him over the years. Through is foundation, he is doing good work. He is showing signs of being compassionate. I did network support in the early 90’s and paid more attention to the industry then. By all accounts, Gates and Jobs were equally ruthless.

Back