Messed up on medical app

I remember I was on it. But I can’t recall for how long I remember always fighting with my mom about not taking it and would always throw them in the toilet. I was super active as a kid, skateboarding, bmx, fishing everything outdoors ofc I didn’t want to focus in school I wanted to be outside.

I know I have steps to overcome and medical records I have to dig up I just want to do this the right way even if I find “no proof” I also don’t want an accident to happen where they find evidence I was taking medication for ADD
Bear in mind that there's no question about whether you were ever on Ritalin. The question is about what you were diagnosed with. So that's what you need to know, or don't.

postive it was ADD
There's an underlying problem there. It's not always an accurate diagnosis, i.e. you may not have actually had.

So the FAA is willing to accept documentation that you don't have it or anything like it now, but their suspicion isn't going to go away on its own. You'll need to provide convincing evidence that you don't have it now - which is doable but usually expensive.

As a retired M.D. I'm a little embarrassed with how "casual" doctors were (and still are) in their coding of diagnosis codes just to get the maximal reimbursement benefit from an insurance carrier. People in your situation as just caught in the crossfire.

There's an underlying problem there. It's not always an accurate diagnosis, i.e. you may not have actually had.

So the FAA is willing to accept documentation that you don't have it or anything like it now, but their suspicion isn't going to go away on its own. You'll need to provide convincing evidence that you don't have it now - which is doable but usually expensive.

As a retired M.D. I'm a little embarrassed with how "casual" doctors were (and still are) in their coding of diagnosis codes just to get the maximal reimbursement benefit from an insurance carrier. People in your situation as just caught in the crossfire.

I’ve heard about the expense, but if I have to do it to make this go away I’ll definitely feel 100x better about going through all the hoops.

I don't have kids but when I was a teen prescriptions were written out in my name handed to my parents to get filled. The bottle of pills had my name on it not my parents. I never heard of someone prescribing medication to parents and not the patient.

My question was related to the fact that if someone was never prescribed anything possible they were never diagnosed which would have made a difference. The OP didn't mention before if they were ever prescribed. Now that the OP said they were prescribed they have to jump though the FAA hoops.

I meant the insurance is the parents I’d wager

No idea myself, I have never had a prescription drug in my life

I believe, as has been said, that so long as an AME has not uploaded the application # to the FAA, the individual should be ok to edit.

Under the current system, though, I concur that many young CFIs who are themselves focused on building time to move up to airlines, do not understand the implications of a denied medical. The flight school where I started my PPL wasn't so aware of this, and they are a top-notch outfit IMO. I think every flight school should have a big placard that explains the risks involved in both seeing an AME before you understand what a denial could mean, and also the seriousness of being anything but 100% honest when you do submit. CFIs should absolutely know this stuff.

I am so grateful for the advice I got here on POA to get your ducks in order and understand the risks. For me, the possibility of having even the Sport Pilot route closed was not worth it. I very nearly closed the door on myself. Hopefully, the new MOSAIC rules will open things up, and maybe even remove the 3rd Class Medical. One can dream ...

Submit a new app with a different email. As long as you haven’t seen an AME yet the original one will never see the light of day. If the suspension was over 10 years ago it’s likely not an issue…unless there was alcohol involved. Depending how long ago 13-15 years old was for you, those records may not even exist anymore. I would think your primary care physician would have any pertinent info/diagnosis’. I’d start there and then fill out a new MedXpress.

THIS is incredibly bad advice...

I'd be happy to help, along with the other partners in my firm. We do consultations free, especially for folks getting into the industry.

Let me know if we can assist,

Jacob
AeroAlliance Consulting

I'd be happy to help, along with the other partners in my firm. We do consultations free, especially for folks getting into the industry.

Jacob
AeroAlliance Consulting
What's bad about the advice? The context was that the person wanted to provide required information that had been previously omitted, on a form that had not yet been submitted to an AME.

Jacob
AeroAlliance Consulting

please explain how it is “incredibly bad advice”? Because he didn’t contact your firm before correcting a MedXpress that doesn’t exist yet in the eyes of the FAA?

I am certainly not of the camp that no aviation lawyer is a good idea…we all know that sometimes the FAA needs to be reminded of their own regs. This, however, stinks of trying to scare someone into hiring an attorney (as is evident by your plug) prior to even knowing what they are dealing with.

Go see the AME first. Get your ducks in a row, and THEN decide the best path.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back