Mein Fuhrer, I can walk! I can walk!

I always chuckle when I see someone walk unassisted into Walmart than get on one of the shopping scooters....

I always chuckle when I see someone walk unassisted into Walmart than get on one of the shopping scooters....

Same as airline terminals. I've had 'em request wheel chairs, and when it's taking awhile off they go up the jetway. It's a miracle I tell ya!

My wife took her cousin on a cruise. She (the cousin) CAN walk, but she's terminally ill with cancer that has spread pretty much everywhere, including her spine. Walking is painful and takes a lot out of her. So... wheelchair whenever possible, and when that was impractical she walked.

A few years back I was in Walmart, and heard someone behind me.... "Look out, drunk indian driving..!!"

I turned and looked and an elder native man was on the scooter just having a great time shopping. He kept up his warning, and when he got near me he looked at me and said, "Nothing worse than a drunk indian on a scooter in Walmart". I did not smell alcohol on him, he was just having fun, and I just laughed.

A few years back I was in Walmart, and heard someone behind me.... "Look out, drunk indian driving..!!"

I turned and looked and an elder native man was on the scooter just having a great time shopping. He kept up his warning, and when he got near me he looked at me and said, "Nothing worse than a drunk indian on a scooter in Walmart". I did not smell alcohol on him, he was just having fun, and I just laughed.
One of the guys I used to cook with at BBQ contests had a stroke. He gets around on one of those little scooters when he needs to. He brought it out one year - we gave that thing a workout one night. I hope it still works!

Many years ago the KC School District was in the middle of yet another one of their hiring/firing cycles of their School Superintendent. The latest guy was about to get fired, didn't really care anymore, and said he had back problems that required the used of crutches and therefore his disability protected him somehow or would get him a big bonus on the way out. He was also building a house in Florida. He took a few days off work to go down the FL, and one of the local TV reporters flew down with a camera. There was lots of video of the guy working on his house, carrying lumber and other building supplies, without his crutches. Apparently the Florida weather works wonders. The footage made it all over the local KC news, and when the guy landed back in KC and got off the plane, shuffling around on his crutches, he was swarmed by reporters asking him about the whole fake injury. He got fired.

Many years ago the KC School District was in the middle of yet another one of their hiring/firing cycles of their School Superintendent. The latest guy was about to get fired, didn't really care anymore, and said he had back problems that required the used of crutches and therefore his disability protected him somehow or would get him a big bonus on the way out. He was also building a house in Florida. He took a few days off work to go down the FL, and one of the local TV reporters flew down with a camera. There was lots of video of the guy working on his house, carrying lumber and other building supplies, without his crutches. Apparently the Florida weather works wonders. The footage made it all over the local KC news, and when the guy landed back in KC and got off the plane, shuffling around on his crutches, he was swarmed by reporters asking him about the whole fake injury. He got fired.

Ah, 'disability jesus'. A well known healer of cops and firefighters who put in 19 years somewhere in the northeast, get a generous medical disability retirement and then pop up in Florida for a second career in the same job.

Here is another case of 'disability jesus' healing the wounded. This guy has been collecting a disability pension since 1998 yet he was shown weight-lifting with his 'permanently destroyed' shoulder in 2011. He fought attempts of the city to get his pension pulled tooth and nail. After all of this failed, he now wants to get re-hired for 1 day so he can get credit for 20 years that he didn't work and retire the next day.

http://www.providencejournal.com/ne...bility-pension-case-heard-by-ri-supreme-court

My wife took her cousin on a cruise. She (the cousin) CAN walk, but she's terminally ill with cancer that has spread pretty much everywhere, including her spine. Walking is painful and takes a lot out of her. So... wheelchair whenever possible, and when that was impractical she walked.

I'm 33 and can walk till the skin grafts on my feet bleed. A couple days after I can barely walk at all. Good days feel almost normal. Bad days are sitting around feeling useless. I use a wheelchair every day, walk upstairs to break room every day, I can climb ladders, jump, walk, run etc, but what is left of my feet severely limit endurance.

After one of my back surgeries, I had to use those carts or I physically would not have been able to make it around the store.

To anyone watching, I strolled in, took the cart for a ride, and walked out.

It was humiliating. They beep like a semi truck when you back up.

sorry, OT

I found an article:

He sued the KC School district:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...d03-bc5f-9a5c72282b54/?utm_term=.52e3d72cde71

And the ruling of the court:
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp/941/886/2354160/

He lost, so his lawyer didn't get paid:
https://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/stories/1996/10/14/newscolumn1.html

I know there are lot of hidden disabilities, and it bothers me when I see people become the "handicapped parking police".

Back