Meeting Friends here

markb5900

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark B
It was several years ago that I first "met" Greg B. online.
We became friends quickly. We hadn't actually met face to face but seemed we had from chat here.
We finally did meet in person, Greg said to me "nice to meet an old friend for the first time" and that is exactly what it was.
We seemed to have known each other for years.

We did become closer friends after that.
We flew together on more occasions that I can count.
When my father passed away it was the hardest time in my life. But, my friend Greg stood by me, let me rant and rave to him via the internet and on phone about it.
So to say THANK YOU in the best way I could think of, I made this video for him.

http://markb5900.com/uploads/greg_0001.wmv

Greg's OK. At least he doesn't owe me any money. Its that Ted guy you have to watch out for. He's on the government's watch list.

Remarkable how those things happen, and in the most improbable ways. Same for me.

You can do a lot worse than being friends with the likes of Greg.

In that video, who's that scrawny guy with a face that reminds me of Greg's? :D

And my impression of airline food was there was no nutritional value in it at all......
Well, maybe not in coach.
Seriously, the video was a nice gesture in return for what was evidently a show of true friendship. :yesnod:

POA has brought me some good new friends as well, some far away and some that were in my back yard. It is nice knowing that pretty much where ever I travel, there is a POA member out there to lend me a helping hand if I need one.

That was so hoakey! We should hall have more hoak and this was a great way to show it. :) Well done...

I have more folks that I refer to as friends from here and Purple, some I've met, some I've yet to meet, but they are considered friends when I talk about them. I get strange looks from folks when I mention my friend that I've not met but on-line.

It's so funny how there are so many people I have never met whom I conserder a freind and would open my home up to even though I've never met them in person before just becasue they are a pilot.

You all on this board are the reason becasue so many are such wonderful people.

It's so funny how there are so many people I have never met whom I conserder a freind and would open my home up to even though I've never met them in person before just becasue they are a pilot.

Amen, Misssa

My son refers to his on-line buddies as his "imaginary friends." Not only are they welcome to his sofa when they happen to come through his city, they've been known to show up a thousand miles away on our doorstep, too. They've always turned out to be good people-- if delightfully weird.
I look forward to meeting more of my pilot 'imaginary friends', too. Note the airport and visit it- dinner awaits.

I look forward to meeting more of my pilot 'imaginary friends', too. Note the airport and visit it- dinner awaits.

I'll let you know next time I'm pulling dogs from down there. :)

My son refers to his on-line buddies as his "imaginary friends." Not only are they welcome to his sofa when they happen to come through his city, they've been known to show up a thousand miles away on our doorstep, too. They've always turned out to be good people-- if delightfully weird.

Nice post.

But to me they are anything but imaginary. :yesnod:

Nice post.

But to me they are anything but imaginary. :yesnod:

Agreed. Y'all are as much friends to me as the ones I see on a regular basis. In some cases, moreso.

And you're all welcome at my house anytime. I'll even loan you a dog to sleep with if you're so inclined.

Agreed. Y'all are as much friends to me as the ones I see on a regular basis. In some cases, moreso.

And you're all welcome at my house anytime. I'll even loan you a dog to sleep with if you're so inclined.

Ditto...

Can I bring my own dog, Ted? :smile:

Sharon,

Sure you can bring Greg with you... we'ed love to see him ; )

Missa

PS my house is available too, just no resident dogs.

Ted, you be sure and do that. Guest room is all yours. With advance notice clean sheets are even a possibility. Town's lovely, view's great, grub ain't half bad, if I do say so myself. We rent this place from a couple of kitties, and I'm not sure how hospitable they'd be to doggy visitors, but they stay out of bedrooms, so we could work that out, too.

Nice Video Mark but one question.... who is that tall thin guy with the glasses that pops up every now an then in the video?:D

it's funny when I start to talk about folks from here ... "a friend of mine ... uh, well, an e-friend, I guess..." my wife thinks I'm nuts ... but that started long before POA ...

My son refers to his on-line buddies as his "imaginary friends."
The guys I fly with have gotten used to meeting the people I call my "internet friends". In the beginning it was weird explaining to them that I have never actually met these people before but, hey, do you want to go out to dinner with us?

Its that Ted guy you have to watch out for. He's on the government's watch list.
Here's Ted scoping out his next target. Weird that I met him on the other side of the country from where he lives, and not where I live either.

attachment.php

I was wondering the same thing!

The first time I met Greg he let me fly his work plane. :D And Sharon was the other crewmember!

Attachments

• Ted.JPG
    Ted.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 206
Ditto...

Can I bring my own dog, Ted? :smile:

Both Greg and the canine of your choice are welcome in my house anytime. :)

The guys I fly with have gotten used to meeting the people I call my "internet friends". In the beginning it was weird explaining to them that I have never actually met these people before but, hey, do you want to go out to dinner with us?

My mother used to be very concerned about these people I met on the internet. Now she's come to accept it as a fact of life (or at least a fact of my life).

Here's Ted scoping out his next target. Weird that I met him on the other side of the country from where he lives, and not where I live either.

attachment.php

Hey, that's not at half bad picture! Definitely funny that we met on the other side of the country, Mari, especially when you keep on flying that twin Cessna of yours right over my house. ;)

Same here - lots of good friends.

And it's not unique to this board - I first met a person from another internet board I participate in Amsterdam. We were both there on business for our respective companies, learned about it online, and met for drinks.

Yeah I had a real hard time explaining that I needed a couple of days off to fly myself to Arkansas to meet a bunch of internet friends. My co workers thought I was nuts! :D

I've only met one person from this board in person, and she was quite nice. Scott and I could have met in Taipei last October if we had pushed it, but I arrived the evening before he left for home and it might have been tough. Anyone going to be in Stuttgart next week? :D

This is turnin into a cheesy thread! Makes me want to say something about all the wonderful folks I've met and chatted with on here!
Can't hold it back: I FEEL MORE LIKE I DO NOW THAN I EVER DID!
Whew! Glad I got that off my chest.

Best,

Dave

So which of my friends here has safe haven for me starting Monday? :D:D:D:D

I consider a few of you on here closer friends than anyone local that I know outside the board.

So which of my friends here has safe haven for me starting Monday? :D:D:D:D

I consider a few of you on here closer friends than anyone local that I know outside the board.

Ed, I'd love to have you here in East Atlanta, but I'll be in Omaha Monday and Tuesday nights.
If you end up at Jesse and Tristan's we could all sing Kum-Ba-Ya together over a beer or two.

PoA has been not only a great learning resource but a great place to meet the most awesome people! Without it (and Ted) I would not be flying for ARF or have the knowledge I posses. I have flown with and met many of the PoAtians without regret. Thank you all!

I have a lot of friends here, and many of you I've even met in person! Like others, we're always willing to host our friends overnight(s). Guest room with a queen bed and clean sheets! We do have a cat, but you'll likely never see him, and he isn't allowed in the guest room.

I remember Mark threw me the keys to his truck at Gaston's one year and I drove into town for supplies. I remember thinking how I'd try explain driving his truck if stopped by the police for any reason! :)

Nice video, Mark!

Well stated, Missa. :yes:

I've met a few of you here, either at Gaston's last Fall or Diana's Birthday Fly-in and I have no idea who you are! :blush::D

I've met a few of you here, either at Gaston's last Fall or Diana's Birthday Fly-in and I have no idea who you are! :blush::D
Oh, my. :D Well, if you want I can break it down for you and add links to people's faces if that would help. :yes:

Okay, I'm gonna see if I can remember everyone who posts here. :D

At my birthday party:

Tony Condon: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=226
Bruce Chien: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=6
Mike Newman: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=3701
Marc Popejoy: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=3210
Dean Davis: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=234
Malcolm: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=5143
Rudy Belew: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=26
Jim Belew: http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/member.php?u=236

And then there was Kim. :D

There were other people from the Citabria forum, as well. Plus ALL the other people. :D

Well, how about that! I had no idea I knew so mayb folks from here. I do know some of them though. :D

That was a lot of work for you Diana, thank you.

I wish someone would make me a cheat sheet. I met people in person and only sometimes am able to connect them to their on-line persona.

Like that guy who was calling Andrew nutz for taking off into low overcast to fly to IPT durring the last Fly-B-Q... Ted then clued me in that it was Andrew. ; )

Or that other guy who obviously KNEW way too much about me and then finally had to out herself to her screen name...

I'm really bad with names and it's even harder when people have two names. I just treat anyone walking out of a plane like I've known them a lifetime and it's all good. ; )

Back