Meeting Friends here

That wasn't a low overcast, the gear was up before we entered the clouds. ;)

I just treat anyone walking out of a plane like I've known them a lifetime and it's all good. ; )

I took a friend flying the other day and he was taken aback at how people say hi at the airport. Not exactly treating you like a friend of a lifetime, but in the NYC area its the equivalent. Even more so in the Jersey City area I just moved into where nobody even smiles. BTW, he was an internet friend for 7 years. I "met" him on myspace when he was in Afghanistan. Flying with him the other day was the first time we saw each other in person.

That wasn't a low overcast, the gear was up before we entered the clouds. ;)

Some pilots are slow to react to "positive rate"... :D:D All of that cheese-steak and Philly-Phandom-induced mental lethargy.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I remember Mark threw me the keys to his truck at Gaston's one year and I drove into town for supplies. I remember thinking how I'd try explain driving his truck if stopped by the police for any reason! :)

I clearly remember that day...I wasn't there when Mark threw you the keys but I hopped in the truck with you and Leslie. On the way to town I thought, "I'm gonna find out who owns this truck I'm in just for the fun of it" since the driver didn't even know...lol" Found the paperwork and saw it was a Mark Bell...had never met him but did later that day.

The rest is history.

Some pilots are slow to react to "positive rate"... :D:D All of that cheese-steak and Philly-Phandom-induced mental lethargy.

For me I normally pull the gear up when I'm at the point where if an engine quits I'm going. That is not always the first sign of positive rate depending on runway length, terrain, etc.

Standard for me on a 6000 ft runway with a 50 ft obstacle (which is pretty common for me), I'm off the ground after about 1/3 of the way, and by 1/2 way I pull the gear up. By that point if I fail an engine I'm going around the pattern. Although "going around the pattern" may involve a rather long upwind to gain some altitude before turning - the Aztec does not climb well on one engine (nor do most piston twins).

For me I normally pull the gear up when I'm at the point where if an engine quits I'm going. That is not always the first sign of positive rate depending on runway length, terrain, etc.

Standard for me on a 6000 ft runway with a 50 ft obstacle (which is pretty common for me), I'm off the ground after about 1/3 of the way, and by 1/2 way I pull the gear up. By that point if I fail an engine I'm going around the pattern. Although "going around the pattern" may involve a rather long upwind to gain some altitude before turning - the Aztec does not climb well on one engine (nor do most piston twins).

You took a great joke and destroyed it with knowledge.

Bah. Someone took the picture down.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheers,

-Andrew

Last edited:
Well, I met up with Jesse for dinner tonight in Omaha. I missed out last time I was here due to the hair trigger nature of my traveling life. Maybe my next trip I can get over to Lincoln and meet Tristan too. And I can't remember who, but I know there's at least one other POA'er in Lincoln.
Thanks for the meet up, Jesse.

I wish someone would make me a cheat sheet. I met people in person and only sometimes am able to connect them to their on-line persona.

Like that guy who was calling Andrew nutz for taking off into low overcast to fly to IPT durring the last Fly-B-Q... Ted then clued me in that it was Andrew. ; )

Or that other guy who obviously KNEW way too much about me and then finally had to out herself to her screen name...

I'm really bad with names and it's even harder when people have two names. I just treat anyone walking out of a plane like I've known them a lifetime and it's all good. ; )

:D

It was a vital mission.

:D

When I meet other pilots, sometimes they call me Aunt Peggy, other times they call me by my real name, Peggy. I'll answer to either one.

Also, I figure that although my face isn't really in my avatar, you'll recognize me when you see me.

I had such a good time last year, If the weather's bad I'll be on Aztec air when it leaves IPT or I will drive down on Friday.

Hmm... better check with the pilot on that one.

Which reminds me, we ought to get Barb and Rick (and other Rick) to come.

Glad you're confused, so was I. The person has a male sounding screan name but isn't male which added to my confusion. If you think hard enough you can probally come up with who it is as she was at 6Y9.

Missa

Hmm... better check with the pilot on that one.

Which reminds me, we ought to get Barb and Rick (and other Rick) to come.

Other Rick will be comming, weather pending I may fly myself.

In bad weather I may inquire about space on Aztec air or just drive if space is not aviable or some Doggie mission is more important then the Fly-b-q.

Figured out it before I finished reading the sentence. Hey, I never did get the story behind the name from her.

I'm taking the Fly-B-Q, Gaston's, and 6Y9 off for rescue flights and will be attending all three events.

...unless something really major comes up last minute, but considering how many flights I do now I have an easier time of taking vacation weekends.

Glad you're confused, so was I. The person has a male sounding screan name but isn't male which added to my confusion. If you think hard enough you can probally come up with who it is as she was at 6Y9.

Missa

Ohh Ohh Ohh. I know! Choose Me Mr. Kotter!

Figured out it before I finished reading the sentence. Hey, I never did get the story behind the name from her.
I was pretty sure you were at the table when she told it. You were probably engrossed in another conversation.

I was pretty sure you were at the table when she told it. You were probably engrossed in another conversation.

...with a Crown and Coke.

I think I only had one maybe two drinks the whole weekend. Maybe the story was told when I had to run back and get the Wisconsinites.

I think I only had one maybe two drinks the whole weekend. Maybe the story was told when I had to run back and get the Wisconsinites.

Can't blame the Wisconsinites, because I heard the story too. :D

Back