Hopefulpilot97

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Hopefulpilot
Hi everyone, I recently filled out my med express form as I am about to start a new pilot program so I can attain my PPL and hopefully my CPL. I was able to fill out my medical application and to see the AME and received the all clear and got my first class certificate the same day. Fast forward a few weeks and I was trying to get a drivers license switched over to a new state that I had recently moved to and come to find out that my current license was canceled last year due to an old traffic ticket from a red light cam that I never received. Therefore, I did not pay the ticket which in turn in my license was canceled without knowing. I took the four hour driving course to reinstate my license, so that it is valid now with no problems.

My concern is that on the application on question 18 V I checked the box NO that I had not had any license suspensions, revocation or cancel. Because at the time that was the honest truth to the best of my knowledge. Again, I already have my first class certificate, does it still get reviewed with the FAA after, do I need to call the FAA and let them know about the mistake or what do I do? I do not want to jeopardize losing my medical certificate as I am just about to start this school, and have spent a lot of time and money to do so! Thank you,

You only have to tell the truth once.

I'd suggest doing this through the AME. I wonder what those actually in the know would recommend.

I was thinking of contacting the FAA directly to tr6 to Ammend the application I am fearful of repercussions, or possibly have med revoked right before I start this program in a couple weeks

I don’t have the answer to your question.

That said, I find it hard to believe they sent one notice then cancelled your license.

That said, I find it hard to believe they sent one notice then cancelled your license.
I don't. State DMVs are notoriously incompetent. When I moved, my new state took my old license and said they would cancel it for me. Got in trouble two years later for having drivers licenses from multiple states.

I had recently moved to a new state, which is where I got the red light camera ticket, but I hadn’t switched over my license to the new state yet. So the ticket was sent to my prior address, which is why I had never received it or knew about the ticket.

Your answer was truthful at the time you filled out Medxpress. If it's going to haunt you then contact your AME to fix.

Maybe it would be a good idea to collect any correspondence you had on the subject with your former state.

If don’t contact the FAA and let it slide since I already have my med cert, I’m assuming I would need to check yes when I renew it? Would that bring up any red flags at that time?

I'm no expert, but one of the things you agree to on MedXpress is to authorize them to check your driver record. That would make me nervous about letting it slide.

My thoughts exactly! But if I already have my medical and online is been approved on the medexpress website too, does that mean they already checked my driving record and said it’s all good? Or how frequently do they check the NDR?

Sorry for all the questions btw, I just want to make sure I’m doing what’s best and not shoring myself in the foot unintentionally

My thoughts exactly! But if I already have my medical and online is been approved on the medexpress website too, does that mean they already checked my driving record and said it’s all good? Or how frequently do they check the NDR?
I don't know.

Or how frequently do they check the NDR?
I think once with the application.

But once again when you do the next one in 2 years or whenever.

If you do the form that @bbchien suggests then when you do your next medical, you can list the suspension along with "PRNC" (ie - Previously Reported No Change).

I personally would follow @bbchien suggestion here. It seems way too easy for the automated system to flag this. Based on what you said, I think fix it now and not have to worry about this later.

I was thinking of contacting the FAA directly to tr6 to Ammend the application I am fearful of repercussions, or possibly have med revoked right before I start this program in a couple weeks
Do not ever willingly contact the FAA to correct anything.
Do not ever willingly contact the FAA for anything.
Let them contact you first. Then let your AME deal with it.
Dealing with the FAA is not like dealing with any other Federal entity. You are assumed guilty. Always.

Pay attention to what Dr Chien suggested (updated Q18) and make sure you only state facts, and provide evidence if you have it.

Gotcha! Anything else or specific notes I should put? And do you know if this will cause any type of Hindrance to my current first class med cert?

Update : I just got off the phone with CAMI, the woman told me that I should fax over a letter of explanation to them, and that it should be good no worries, she said I shouldn’t hear back from them if it’s okay. That they would just keep it on record for me, but she is not 100% certain, they could say they need more information about it, but that it’s better to send that letter of explanation just to be on the safe side rather than do nothing at all. She was trying to say again that I should be OK but she doesn’t know , but apparently if I come forth open and honest about the mistake then they will be more lenient I believe ?

Can you get written confirmation of that from them? You're probably fine, but the FAA operates on precise documentation. You need assurance that you are able to ACT as PIC in the current situation (depending on what your current status is, as I'm not sure what you mean by "new" pilot program, which might mean you've been doing one already).

I will be attending a flight school to abtain my ppl, cpl, and all other ratings and certifications. And no she said “I should be fine but can’t say for certain”

She also said I didn’t need to fill out the form above for corrections and that I just needed to fax them a LOE, so I’m just wondering how in depth I should be and if I should attach any additional documents with it?

Back