Matt Lauer Busted

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by mscard88, Nov 29, 2017.

1. mscard88

mscard88 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
  2. ktup-flyer

ktup-flyer Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    ktup-flyer
    The country of double standards. Guess he should've gone into politics

NoHeat likes this.
  3. Tom-D

Tom-D Ejection Handle Pulled

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    There is some thing here I'm missing. WE know he's a creep. but tell me why he got away with pinching Couric's ass more than once.
    Both of my Daughters wold have knocked his ass out, the first time.
    or why it took this long to bring his actions to light.

4. UngaWunga

UngaWunga Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    UngaWunga
    because money talks and HR protects the company's image, not the employees. Because standing up to someone in power is difficult.

labbadabba likes this.
  5. frfly172

frfly172 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    ron keating
    It’s all fake news,you can’t tell a book by its cover.

6. cowman

cowman En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cowman
    This is what blows me away about this. Maybe it's because I'm a guy, maybe it's because my midwestern middle class naivety can't quite deal with it but I just always assumed if a guy did this he'd be sunk. Punched/slapped, likely fired, and publicly embarrassed. Especially if the target was a famous and beloved personality. In all my years I've never seen a guy try this stuff and not get knocked back hard... and yet... we're seeing all these reports and many with evidence.

I'm truly in shock that so many are able to get away with it for so long.

Lachlan, SkyDog58 and Tantalum like this.
  7. Tom-D

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    I've got two big sisters, you think I got away with being rude, crude and socially unacceptable?

8. timwinters

timwinters Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    X
    I have 3 big sisters and 6 big brothers. Most of them were my mentors in perversion! :)

I have a feeling we have (and are fixin' to have) a lot of glass house rock throwing going on here. I mean, come on, we're all sluts.

9. N659HB

N659HB Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    No. 1 son
    Some people make comedy of it. Ask Sen. Franken.

Double standards everywhere one looks.

10. Tom-D

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    That explains a lot.

11. Zeldman

Zeldman Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Billy
    I thought bringing down others in position of power was the new American way.

12. PaulS

PaulS Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PaulS
    You know, it's a workplace, and when you are away with co-workers, it's still considered the workplace. Don't crap where you eat, be a pervert some where else, with people who don't have to work with you. This guy is a dumbass of biblical proportions. A rich dumbass though, but F him.

SkyDog58 likes this.
  13. mtuomi

mtuomi En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    dera
    This makes the bit where Lauer interviews O'Reilly about his conduct when he got sacked, a piece of true TV history.

RJM62 and CC268 like this.
  14. Tom-D

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    I'm wondering when the EMTs are going to start saying " I ain't touching her " even when she is having a heart attack.

mscard88 likes this.
  15. weilke

weilke Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    weilke
    When looking at anything that comes out of either Hollywood or the NYC newstainment complex, you have to keep in mind that all the participants are damaged goods and most of them are on high doses of prescription drugs. It's like reform school or prison, you can't take what happens there and compare it with normal societal norms.

16. PaulS

PaulS Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PaulS
    So you are saying an EMT doing his job with a female heart attack victim is the same as Matt whipping out his Schwartz in front of a shocked female co-worker or giving a female lower level co-worker a dildo with explicit instructions on how he would like to use it on her?

TRocket, John221us and deonb like this.
  17. Ryanb

Ryanb En-Route PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    The real victim in a situation like this is the family, especially his wife. Sad for her.

As for Matt, his fun has seized.

EppyGA likes this.
  18. Tom-D

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    You know I didn't say that.. why would you spin it like that?

KA550 likes this.
  19. Matthew

Matthew Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matthew
  20. TCABM

TCABM Pre-takeoff checklist

Display Name:

Display name:
    TCABM
    WTF?

The real victim is the family?

No. The victim(s) were trapped in a position where they were subjected to his behavior/actions.

The family? They had no part (I hope) in making this happen. If the family wants to accept him for who is and what he’s done (hint: sounds like you or me would be going to jail over this), that’s their choice, but they are not victims.

UngaWunga and John221us like this.
  21. Ryanb

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    Evidently you don’t view a family and/or marriage in the same regard that I do. A marriage that has a high probability of ending, due to the poor choices and lack of self control on the husbands behalf is a sad deal from any way you look at it. I’ve seen it happen many times before. So yes, I feel bad for his wife and family.

OkieFlyer likes this.
  22. PaulS

PaulS Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PaulS
    It's funny, that's exactly what I thought about your post and to be fair, other posts similar to yours, why would you spin it like that. No woman in her right mind would have an issue with an EMT touching her in the execution of his job, nor a civilian performing cpr or helping where warranted. And a guy who would worry about that in a life or death situation is a doofus. This guy didn't have a compliment misinterpreted, or merely get caught checking out his associates. He whipped his Johnson out when a woman came in his office, he gave another a "present" and apparently forced another to have sex, a nice way the news covers for one of their own who rapes. He's a loser and a bully, as a father of two daughter's I say F him, he deserves what is coming, and I hope I've taught my girls not hide something like this if it happens to them.

Most women are pretty fair about this stuff and give plenty of warning to guys doing things they don't approve of. Here's a hint, if you are getting nuanced off color with a female co-worker and she isn't laughing or smiling, you (not you personally, but guys in general) should knock it off and apologize. Sure there are scumbag women out there too who probably lie to gain advantage, but this guy was in a position of power and apparently abused that power many times, he should have gone down long ago.

I owned a company with a couple partners and we had no tolerance for this crap, it was very easy to tell when a line had been crossed.

deonb likes this.
  23. TCABM

Display Name:

Display name:
    TCABM

As a husband and father, I cannot fathom a scenario where I would behave in a manner such as described that the PoS did.

I’ve seen it happen before and disciplined people for behaving that way.

Bottom line is that a predator is a predator. The only thing sad I see about it is that ‘the family’ hasn’t decided that it’s not okay to be a predator.

I respect your opinion, but I simply cannot rationalize away any such criminal behavior.

24. Ryanb

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    I’m not trying to rationalize anything either. When the man has flings and/or touches other women inappropriately, which ultimately puts the marriage in jeopardy, the wife and family are the ones who suffer in the long run. More so in families with small children. Dad goes out and has a fling with a co-worker, wife finds out and they split. The kids and wife suffer for daddy’s mistakes after the family gets torn apart. Makes me sad for them everytime. That’s my point.

25. Tom-D

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
  26. Tom-D

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    He made over 20 million per year, they live in the Hamptons, I don't feel too sorry or her.

27. TCABM

Display Name:

Display name:
    TCABM
    I don’t see much suffering in 50% of $10M per year + 50% of joint assets held.

I give adultery a different standard then I do inappropriate touching. Adultery is primarily a morale offense. Inappropriate touching is assault. Kind of like free speech ends when ‘fire’ is shouted or your fist impacts my nose. There is no difference between the two concepts in my book.

As for suffering, it is in the eye of the beholder. I would suffer in an environment where a parent told me that it was my duty accept and love someone who committed criminal acts and publicly behaved in such a manner. I would lose faith in both of those role models.

Again, I realize and accept differing opinions. Mine is that this type of behavior is criminal. Criminal behavior should not be what a child gets to look up to in a role model, which is what a parent is.

Daddy didn’t make a mistake.

Daddy knowingly and willingly, on multiple occasions, did enough, in fact, to convince an accountable entity that at a minimum company policies were violated to a point that employment was no longer acceptable.

28. Scrabo

Scrabo Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Scrabo
    I always thought he played for the other team.

OkieFlyer and SkyDog58 like this.
  29. timwinters

timwinters Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    X
    As dad always said:

"Don't get your meat where you get your potatoes."

CC268 likes this.
  30. Palmpilot

Palmpilot Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Richard Palm
    All these men are evidently qualified to be president. :(

mcdewey and timwinters like this.
  31. GlennAB1

GlennAB1 Ejection Handle Pulled

Display Name:

Display name:
    GlennAB1
    Are you sure that's what went down. Flirtatious behavior goes on all throughout society, even at the workplace. I've seen a couple males accused of sexual harassment, it sucks, because women can flirt and then decide someone took it too far.

32. weilke

weilke Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    weilke
    I don't think whipping your dick out qualifies as 'flirtatious behavior'.

deonb and TCABM like this.
  33. TCABM

Display Name:

Display name:
    TCABM
    Nope. Whatever he did, there was enough proof to legally support his being fired from the company.

Try this on as an alternate. Hey kids, Daddy was stupid enough to violate company policy on the basic treatment of human beings.

In my experience, when disciplining military members, the investigation presented me and the legal team with enough proof that policy was violated to support going to court martial if the member turned down the Article 15.

34. FlySince9

FlySince9 Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Jerry
    Always thought he was a pompous a$$...

35. EppyGA

EppyGA Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Let's Fly
    His wife went on a trip with him once to keep him from sleeping around while he was gone. Sounds like his behavior was well known.

36. steingar

steingar Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    steingar
    Garrison Keillor as well. Sign of the times gents. Used to be if you were sufficiently rich or powerful you could get away with this stuff, and the women would suffer in silence. Heck, you could even go on the radio and brag about it. Something's really catalyzed a well intentioned and overdue revolt. Good for the ladies.

37. paflyer

paflyer Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PAFlyer
    The marriage was reportedly "over" in 2006. Lauer lived separately from the wife. The kids are the ones who will suffer, the wife will be - in the immortal words of the late, great Liberace- "crying all the way to the bank."

38. paflyer

paflyer Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PAFlyer
    Earlier in the year the MSLeftM had a lot of fun about the fact that VP Pence wouldn't be alone with a female other than his wife. The hypocrites were claiming that he "couldn't control his Neanderthal right wing impulses" instead of the obvious desire to avoid being in a position where he may be falsely accused.

Cooter and CC268 like this.
  39. paflyer

paflyer Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PAFlyer
    Yeah, Bubba and the Mrs must be proud.

40. Matthew

Matthew Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matthew
    Another claim I read was that his actions were seen as discriminatory. "You go to dinner with a male colleague, and probably talk business, but not a female colleague?" I can see eyebrows being raised if it was a "working dinner" and he was shutting out women, but I didn't get the impression that was the case. He is trying to avoid any hint of impropriety, but to do that you have to accept that men and women are not the same and that seems to not sit well with some people.