Matt Lauer Busted

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by mscard88, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Palmpilot

Palmpilot Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Richard Palm
    Well, if it's now SOP to disregard such agreements, that should reduce the number of perps who are willing to pay settlements.

2. Ryanb

Ryanb Final Approach PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    He’s still married, last I read.

3. timwinters

timwinters Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    LTD
    I experienced similar at a few large companies. I reported the first one...and I was the one disciplined for it. So I dealt with all the others in my own way.

It's a two way street but guys typically don't mind...unless she's ugly of course...we're all sluts.

4. EppyGA

EppyGA Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Let's Fly
    Apparently Lauer now wants $30M.

5. Ravioli

Ravioli Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pasta Man
    The execs in Hollywood are having trouble coming up with a "Father Knows Best" redux.

The leading concepts are "FatherS Know Best" and "Your Other Mommy Knows Best."

Hopefully the whole project will die on the cutting room floor. Oh, that's another project in development!

mscard88 likes this.
  6. CC268

CC268 En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    CC268
    Hey maybe I can’t get in the military but no one said I couldn’t become the greatest Phoenix SkyHarbor airport parking bus driver.

Ryanb likes this.
  7. weilke

weilke Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    weilke
    Well, what does his contract say ? Was the NBC policy on how allegations are to be investigated followed or was his termination done outside of that established process ?

He'll get his 30mil.

8. CC268

CC268 En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    CC268
    Matt is such a nice guy he should get 100 million for any inconvenience they caused him.

9. Palmpilot

Display Name:

Display name:
    Richard Palm
    So do I.

Mason and nauga like this.
  10. Ted DuPuis

Ted DuPuis Administrator Management Council Member

Display Name:

Display name:
    iBanYou
    At this company I suspect I would've been the one reprimanded had I reported her, too.

I'm not one to report much anyway, I generally find it makes more sense to deal with things in my own way. As to the minding aspect, it wasn't appreciated but like I said I realized she was expressing her interest, albeit in an inappropriate manner.

11. mscard88

mscard88 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    Article I read said he has a year and a half remaining on his contract at $20 mil/year, so that's what his lawyers are trying to get from NBC, $30mil. But, NBC had a valid reason to fire him so they may not ne liable for it.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
  12. Ravioli

Ravioli Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pasta Man
    NBC might save money by paying the civil suits directly instead of passing it through the louse.

13. Tom-D

Tom-D Taxi to Parking

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    I'd bet there is a mortality clause in his contract.

He may win the suit, but collecting the money may be another matter.

mscard88 likes this.
  14. Pilawt

Pilawt Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pilawt
    It's NBC, so yes, there is a morality clause. You're not allowed to have any.

:cool:

CC268 likes this.
  15. Timbeck2

Timbeck2 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Timbeck2
    A simple comma could be so useful in that sentence.

Palmpilot and timwinters like this.
  16. mscard88

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    :raspberry: I ain't your trainee kiss my ass :biggrin:

17. Timbeck2

Timbeck2 Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Timbeck2
    Okay, just be careful around those young boys. ;)

18. mscard88

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    Well I do carry an extra comma with me now, so I got that going for me. :D

19. Ravioli

Ravioli Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    Pasta Man
    Wondering if the use of the word "mortality" was intentional. Apparently one woman passed out during their interlude and had to be seen by a nurse. Can Matt get away with "It's not like she died or anything"?

20. mscard88

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    Damn he's a stud! :yes:

21. paflyer

paflyer Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PAFlyer
    That's why I have "over" in quotes. But my guess is it will soon be really over.

22. mscard88

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    Maybe he'll end up over at MSNBC with lying ass Brian Williams! :rofl:

23. paflyer

paflyer Final Approach

Display Name:

Display name:
    PAFlyer
    Yeah. "If you can't be good, don't get caught."

24. Matthew

Matthew Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Matthew
    [​IMG]

SkyDog58 and mscard88 like this.
  25. timwinters

timwinters Touchdown! Greaser! PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    LTD
    No, THAT is more likely the result of all the years I spent in catholic school dodging the advances of the parish priests and deacons...

I guess I had a purty butt!

<and you probably think I kid...>

26. Ryanb

Ryanb Final Approach PoA Supporter

Display Name:

Display name:
    Ryan
    I’d venture to say you are correct.

27. mscard88

Display Name:

Display name:
    Mark
    [​IMG]

Matthew likes this.
  28. Palmpilot

Display Name:

Display name:
    Richard Palm
    http://people.com/tv/will-matt-lauer-get-paid-millions/

29. Tom-D

Tom-D Taxi to Parking

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    Damb spell checker.... morality

30. Lachlan

Lachlan Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Lachlan
    Is it fair to the fish that they should be scarred for life, maybe even lose their lives, just for falling for the bait? We’re talking about fishing here.

31. Tom-D

Tom-D Taxi to Parking

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    No, it wasn't spell checker got me again. :(

32. ktup-flyer

ktup-flyer Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    ktup-flyer
    Yea, but evidently politicians are excused.

freenrgy2 likes this.
  33. wayne

wayne Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    wayne
    Sad, but true.

I'm probably not as smart as you though. I've taken my daughters and one or more of their friends on trips to the beach more than once. :eek: One daughter and one friend at at time. We flew to the destination as well. :eek: One time I took our middle daughter and two friends as one got foisted on us at the last minute. I think a death in the family and her parents didn't want to take her to the funeral. But then, the parents knew me. Not only was I not the person to molest a child, I was also one of those most likely to make use of my "shovel and ten acres of woods behind the house" if such a scumbag molested one of the kids.

I also coached girls soccer solo, as in no other coaches. Since practice was only an hour long there was usually 4-6 parents hanging out the whole time to take them home afterwards. With Atlanta traffic you might only get 10 minutes at home before you had to turn around and go back and get your kid. I not only picked up my two youngest daughters at school for soccer practice but also one of their friends who was also on their team. The school had me on their list as someone who could pick her from after school care.

34. Ventucky Red

Ventucky Red Line Up and Wait

Display Name:

Display name:
    John S
    Hearing of this and the more to come I am bit surprised...

But I am ****ed for the fact that NBC knew of this and did nothing. And what about the other female employees at "30 Rock" that knew and did nothing but enable this to progress... And the girl that went a saw their corporate nurse after she was rapped by him.. that nurse should have their license yanked...

35. Tom-D

Tom-D Taxi to Parking

Display Name:

Display name:
    Tom-D
    That only tells us why.

36. jkaduk

jkaduk Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    John Kaduk
    It's all about the Benjamin's.

37. GlennAB1

GlennAB1 Ejection Handle Pulled

Display Name:

Display name:
    GlennAB1
    FTFY

38. OkieFlyer

OkieFlyer En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Andrew L.
    Yeah, I was just shocked that he showed his schwartz to a woman. I fully expected it to be a dude.

SkyDog58 likes this.
  39. Rushie

Rushie Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Rushie
    To your first paragraph: "We live in a free country so freedom includes what a woman decides to wear." Yes and you do realize the concept of "freedom" is a made up human idea, right? In reality we are biological organisms who signal non-verbally to each other. Our freedom to wear what we want doesn't negate the consequences of our clothing choices.

To the fishing bait comparison, if you use the best bait so you can catch the best fish, and then must throw back all the bad ones, don't blame the fish for doing what comes naturally and going for the bait. I'm not saying rape is okay just because you're dressing like a slut. But whistles, cat calls and requests for dates should not be a reason to ruin a man's career if you dress like a slut and act like a flirt, and that is where we are heading with today's insane dichotomy between flagrant female sexual display and Victorian expectation of male restraint. That's what makes me sick.

As to me needing to get out more because I don't see how women are mistreated in the work place, do you realize I am a woman? I went into the field of mechanical engineering. I worked full time in this field for many years and I "got out" a whole lot, in corporate headquarters and in the field. (That would be the real world to you academic types.) Here is what I found: women who were stupid, incompetent, unmotivated and unproductive were indeed treated worse, given fewer resources, not promoted and so on, just like males who were like that. The women who were competent, productive, etc., were treated as well or better than their male counterparts.

There was no having to be twice as good as a man to get equal treatment. That's a made up lie. If that were true then simple market forces would have women being sought after and paid more. This simply doesn't happen. Why? Because women still are less productive on average than men. This entirely explains the wage and promotion gap. But a woman who is equally productive as a man gets equal treatment. That was my personal experience out in the real world.

Maybe in universities they discriminate against women, because universities have become liberal strongholds and liberals do tend to be hypocrites and practice the very crimes of which they accuse others.

I have never seen a stupid, lazy female correctly blame her own laziness and stupidity for her lack of promotions in her career. They always blame sexism. The feminists and the liberals have transformed this narrative into one of their political tools. And that is what you are falling for.

I wasn't even sure I was going to spend time responding to that. I'm 61 years old and have had a lifetime "getting out" in men's worlds. I've seen it from every angle. I know all the games. At least out in the real world. I don't know what kind of playpen he is in, like I said, maybe in his liberal world they do actually practice flagrant sexism. Perhaps where your funding is based on politics and grants, not market forces, they can indulge their prejudices.

I forget which one you're asking about... oh yeah women are so strong these days they are told from babyhood they can be physical superheroes and do anything they want and at the same time they are so fragile they must be protected from the slightest suggestion of male ardor because they are too weak to verbally or physically smack aside an unwanted advance. Explain that? Obviously it's just brainwashing from the constant anti-male drumbeat we've been subjected to since the 70s.

But the narrative that women must not be expected to fend off advances by themselves, I think that comes from the general collectivist notion that we need an Overlord at all times to provide for, protect and punish us. It fits with the liberal idea of taking away our guns, of government giving us all free food, shelter, healthcare, cell phones, college education, etc. Now the government is supposed to protect women from non-existent workplace discrimination (except apparently in the liberal bastions of universities if steingar is to be believed) and normal male biological behavior.

I think it's probably, when you get right down to the meat of the matter, just another example of not knowing when to stop moving the risk reduction bar. We have insanity going off the chart at the point where risk tries to approach zero. We see that everywhere these days and that's what's happening here too.

40. Cooter

Cooter Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Cooter
    Right on. Historically, strong men have been the protectors of women from bad men. But our current age is telling us that strong men are the problem by pointing out the acts of bad men. Cultural stability comes from strong men acting rightly and building strong families. So, like every thing else, the govt is getting involved so that they can make the problem worse, then declare the need for more govt to fix it.