Ryan
Can’t wait!

Who else will be watching it?

Will anyone be there?

64994107-5D7A-44EF-8D63-578BDB65F65D.jpeg

Can’t wait!

Who else will be watching it?

Will anyone be there?

Nothing puts you in the weekend afternoon nap mood than watching golf. Lush green landscapes, announcers talking in hushed voices, the far off droning of the blimp, ah zzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz

Nothing puts you in the weekend afternoon nap mood than watching golf. Lush green landscapes, announcers talking in hushed voices, the far off droning of the blimp, ah zzzzZZZZZZzzzzzz
I’m probably one of the few that gets more excited to watch the Master’s than the Super Bowl LOL.

Have u read some of edfred’s threads? Those are snoozetastic!

We need something like full-contact golf to spice it up a bit. Let Mickelson start at the women's tees while Tiger Woods holds his club/ball in the tee box. Tiger has to place his ball, line up, and tee off before Phil gets there or he gets creamed.

Friend and I won 2 tickets to the Masters back in 97. Soon as we got out of our car, a scalper offered us $2K a piece for our badges. After the first round on the way back to the car, scalpers were running down the road yelling “four grand for badges!” :eek:

Hardest ticket to get in sports.

Last edited:
Have u read some of edfred’s threads? Those are snoozetastic!

What’s funny is although I don’t play golf I do like watching the big tournaments like the masters or US Open.

Personally, watching golf ranks down there with....well....uhhh.... I can't think of anything worse than watching golf.

On the other hand, I can see how playing golf can be mentally and physically challenging to the player.

Watching. Saw Spieth, Horschel, Fowler, Kuchar, Finau, Landry, Walker in person at Texas Open last week.

On the other hand, I can see how playing golf can be mentally and physically challenging to the player.
It is.

I played on the golf team for two years back in highschool and we had matches amongst the other private schools in the area at various courses around town. It was loads and loads of fun, even though my golf game isn’t very good. :)

I remember one game in particular where I was the last seed in my group. All of the other groups had finished and so the parents, coaches and teammates were all standing around hole #9 watching for us to come in. All eyes were on me and I remember making an absolute fool of myself on the green after missing several putts... I think that was one of the most humiliating moments that I had in highschool. :lol:

Last edited:
Personally, watching golf ranks down there with....well....uhhh.... I can't think of anything worse than watching golf.

I love playing golf (and most sports), but watching it isn't even in the realm of possibility for me. I feel the same about bass fishing.

I'd like to see the Augusta airports right about now (KAGS/KDNL). They both have runways closed - is it so they can park all the transient traffic, or is it so arriving/departing flights don't affect the tournament?

I'd like to see the Augusta airports right about now (KAGS/KDNL). They both have runways closed - is it so they can park all the transient traffic, or is it so arriving/departing flights don't affect the tournament?

Trust me, you really don’t want to see it. I spent an hour with the engine running at PDK waiting for a ground stop even though we had been given a release. Then spent the better part of the day waiting on one of the good chairs to open up in the pilot lounge. Still got an hour until my pax show up.

Really, I don’t mind, but I am glad to see this week end each year. :)

Is there a TFR? Only looked at skyvector, didn’t see one.

I love golf, because many years ago after expensive lessons and lots of practice, I finally had enough of humiliating myself semi-publicly on a golf course. I faced the cold reality that I sucked. BAd. So I hung up my bag, sold my clubs, and decided I needed a different pastime. I still enjoy watching it but I'm way better at this than that. :cool:

Ever try watching dressage? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

I love golf, because many years ago after expensive lessons and lots of practice, I finally had enough of humiliating myself semi-publicly on a golf course. I faced the cold reality that I sucked. BAd. So I hung up my bag, sold my clubs, and decided I needed a different pastime. I still enjoy watching it but I'm way better at this than that. :cool:

What was your handicap? I only play 1-2 rounds per year, but still have fun even though I’m awful as well. I’m pretty consistent in the low-90s, but could probably pick up another 6-7 strokes if I played more than twice per year. I can drive the ball a country mile, but my 2nd shot/anything with a 9-iron or wedge is a crap shoot, lol.

I used to be close to being a scratch golfer but that was when I had time to play the same courses over and over. Shot par once and just over par several times. Shot a 1 over 73 on Parris Island when I was a member.

These days, I’d be lucky to break 90. :(

Last edited:
...AGS this morning. And plenty more on the way.

might be a personal question but do u get paid while ur sitting at the airport waiting for ur clients to get back from the tourney? I guess that's also assuming they don't take u with them to the course.

might be a personal question but do u get paid while ur sitting at the airport waiting for ur clients to get back from the tourney? I guess that's also assuming they don't take u with them to the course.

I’m salary, so I get paid the same for flying or sitting. The other day I sat at the airport because my schedule fit into a 14 hour duty day. Today’s customer wanted to get here earlier and stay later so I am at a hotel for a 10 rest period before I go back to fly them home tonight. It’s my 12th year doing this and I still haven’t managed to get to the course. :(

Watching a poker game might be as exciting as watching a bunch of guys play a pass time like golf. Neither poker, nor golf, as sports. NASCAR isn’t a sport, either, any more than driving to the store for bread and eggs is a sport. Sure, they’re all competitive, but so is Aunt Nan’s pie baking hobby during county fair season, and little Billy’s coloring contest submission to the local paper. Not sports. Contests. Big difference.

I like Molinari but of course would like to see an American win it. I do like it when lots of people are in the mix as opposed to the old school tiger days when he'd run away with it and no one else had a chance. now he's in it but so are a bunch of other peeps. every hole counts, every stroke counts. that makes it fun.

Can’t stand Tiger. Rather see Cantlay take it.

Let’s go Brooks!

Rooting for Tiger. Been a great round so far.wife usually busting my balls to get stuff done, knows today to just let me sit and take in the whole round.

Back