Mark one off the bucket list

jonrood

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jonrood
Last edited:
No matter how you skin it that would be an awesome trip.

Last edited:
Congrats,way to go,looks like one great trip.

Looks epic, cant wait to see the pics.

Wow, jealous. Also excited for pics.

Welcome to the club and congrats! Don't look now, but it's likely to become a habit. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lol Twin Flyer...Love it!!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 97
  • gators.jpg
    gators.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 73
These were just a few. Photos really don't do it justice...plus I'm not a good photographer....
jon

Lol Twin Flyer...Love it!!

Just jerking you chain:yes:. Awesome pics... This has been on my list for as long as I'be been flying... Don't know why it hasn't happen...:dunno:

So now we need details... Which Cay did you vist? How was the flight going / coming? Details...:goofy::goofy:

Blue Skies!!!

We left Livingston,Tx (00R) wed. July 1. Stopped in Pensacola (82J) great little FBO with cheap fuel and car. Went and had lunch, looked at coast. Flew to Orlando (KISM) where we booked a nice condo. We have done Disney a few times so we went to Universal. My wife got a VIP guide and we did both parks in 1 day and rode all rides. We didn't wait in line over 3 mins. It was awesome!! Went to Gatorland and hung out couple of days. Then flew to Ft Lauderdale (KFXE) Banyan Air is amazing. They helped with all Bahamas paper work. Even had a 4th July picnic. They also have a Pilot Shop that has...well...everything. We flew to Nassau (MYNN) flew over Bimini. Stayed at RIU resort 4 nights. Nice smaller all inclusive. Then flew back to KFXE, had lunch at Banyans café on field. Good Food. Flew to Pensacola (82J) Stayed over night and son and I went to Naval Aviation Museum. It is a must stop for pilots!!!!! Very cool place. Then home.

We should have done more flight seeing at islands. I didn't have a raft, so we kept over water to minimum. We have plans to go to Exumas next time.

It was an easy trip. Only 15 mins without sight of land at 6500'. My plan was always look for boats. Usually had one in range for gliding and ditching.

The long short of our trip. If you have any questions about trip, I would be happy to answer!!!
Jon

Yep, the primary reason I still spend the money on GA is the views just can't be beat. Looks like you had a great trip.

We left Livingston,Tx (00R) wed. July 1. Stopped in Pensacola (82J) great little FBO with cheap fuel and car. Went and had lunch, looked at coast. Flew to Orlando (KISM) where we booked a nice condo. We have done Disney a few times so we went to Universal. My wife got a VIP guide and we did both parks in 1 day and rode all rides. We didn't wait in line over 3 mins. It was awesome!! Went to Gatorland and hung out couple of days. Then flew to Ft Lauderdale (KFXE) Banyan Air is amazing. They helped with all Bahamas paper work. Even had a 4th July picnic. They also have a Pilot Shop that has...well...everything. We flew to Nassau (MYNN) flew over Bimini. Stayed at RIU resort 4 nights. Nice smaller all inclusive. Then flew back to KFXE, had lunch at Banyans café on field. Good Food. Flew to Pensacola (82J) Stayed over night and son and I went to Naval Aviation Museum. It is a must stop for pilots!!!!! Very cool place. Then home.

We should have done more flight seeing at islands. I didn't have a raft, so we kept over water to minimum. We have plans to go to Exumas next time.

It was an easy trip. Only 15 mins without sight of land at 6500'. My plan was always look for boats. Usually had one in range for gliding and ditching.

The long short of our trip. If you have any questions about trip, I would be happy to answer!!!
Jon

Thanks for the write up. Sounds like a great trip...:yes: Going to have to move this one up higher on the list.:lol: In the mean time all I have to do is keep my wife from seeing this thread...:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Back