Major winter storm

They just said we won't see temps above freezing until next Monday. :(

I had scary nightmare thought about letting Pancho out and forgetting her. :hairraise:

Wow, Diana, I hope everything is ok! Wasn't your old pole breaking was it?

Need anything, let me know; we're doing fine here, so far; got my studded snow tires on, can go just about anywhere, so call if you need...

Wow, Diana, I hope everything is ok! Wasn't your old pole breaking was it?

Need anything, let me know; we're doing fine here, so far; got my studded snow tires on, can go just about anywhere, so call if you need...
Thanks Jim! We have power now. :yes: I wonder how Dean is doing? He probably got a lot of ice today too.

Mike, don't forget to let the puppy in!

:D So far. But I'm an old man with things on my mind.

She just figured out (or I should say I figured out what she means when) to bump my bed to get me to let her out.

I hope she would start barking if I left her outside. She has done that once in a long while. The last time I think was to tell me she wanted supper. :dunno:

Here we go again.

A BAND OF PRECIPITATION ACROSS EXTREME SOUTHEAST KANSAS AND
WESTERN MISSOURI WILL CONTINUE TO MOVE NORTHEAST. SLEET
ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE HALF INCH TO ONE AND ONE HALF INCHES ALONG
WITH ICE ACCUMULATIONS AROUND ONE QUARTER OF AN INCH CAN BE
EXPECTED. WITH THUNDERSTORMS EMBEDDED WITHIN THIS ACTIVITY...
LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS OF SLEET AND ICE ARE LIKELY. WITH
TEMPERATURES REMAINING IN THE 20S...TRAVEL WILL QUICKLY BECOME
TREACHEROUS THIS MORNING.

We tried to see three day's worth of home health patients yesterday because we knew it was going to get bad again.

Has this been a very, very, very, very long winter?

yes, Yes, YES, YES, YES!

I didn't get enough YES's from dat guy...

I'm sorta astonished that I've kept up with this winter. Last year at this time I only had to deal with the one 15" load of snow in the driveway that was now *my* driveway.

What's with all the global warming?

Hope you survived without any more loss of trees and/or power lines.

By the way, it is in the low 80's today, was yesterday, probably will be tomorrow...

What's with all the global warming?

By the way, it is in the low 80's today, was yesterday, probably will be tomorrow...
Jim, it's the first time I've seen ya post. Welcome to the board.

Now, stop complaining about your temps. :)

Hi Jim. :)

Still have power, as of tonight. Another round is coming tonight/tomorrow. Everyonceinawhile we have stuff blowing down out of the trees on windy days, but no new damage lately. Can't get the multiple huge piles of brush in the yard to burn yet since they are so green. The old power pole is still tied up by a rope to the new pole by the well house. Web Electric in Lamar still has us on a waiting list. :dunno:

Hawaii sounds lovely, especially now. :yes:

Jim is our son in Hawaii. :) Tom taught him how to fly. Jim has some good stories about flying with his dad. :D
He needs to come home more often so he may appreciate what he has.

That, or start shipping him some of those ice-covered branches. :)

Ken,

Um no...

I have a darn good memory about the cold and that is one reason I moved somewhere it doesn't get that way.

Thanks for the welcome, but I belive my post count is now in double digits. You just have to really get my attention to have me post. I am a voracious lurker however.

Ken,

Um no...

I have a darn good memory about the cold and that is one reason I moved somewhere it doesn't get that way.

Thanks for the welcome, but I belive my post count is now in double digits. You just have to really get my attention to have me post. I am a voracious lurker however.
:) We'll work on that!

Has this been a very, very, very, very long winter?

Long, very cold (multiple week-long stretches of single digits or less), and very snowy (we set a seasonal snowfall record three storms ago).

I never thought I'd say this because I love living in Wisconsin and I mostly love winter, but... I'm sick of it. I hope I never have to touch a set of tire chains again. :vomit:

I can't wait for the god-awful muddy mess this spring is going to be! :eek:

You forgot "pothole-ridden", not as if there's any dearth of them even now!:hairraise::no:

Ugh. There was a section of road I went across in Montana a couple of weeks ago where I thought the truck was going to come apart underneath me. :hairraise: 294's not much better. There's an insane number of spots that will need major maintenance if not outright re-paving this summer. :eek:

Long, very cold (multiple week-long stretches of single digits or less), and very snowy (we set a seasonal snowfall record three storms ago).

I never thought I'd say this because I love living in Wisconsin and I mostly love winter, but... I'm sick of it. I hope I never have to touch a set of tire chains again. :vomit:

I can't wait for the god-awful muddy mess this spring is going to be! :eek:

I declare spring, sprung! It is warm and beautiful today, clear as a bell see forever.

Attachments

• P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010009.JPG
    P1010009.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
  • P1010007.JPG
    P1010007.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 8
We have some very confused looking robins hopping from snowbank to snowbank here in NYC today....

-Skip

Back