Lycoming hit with $26M verdict!!!

I've been saying that for years, but the public doesn't grasp the concept.

Why do you hate the children so much?

Because I'm a mean, evil person. This is evidenced by the fact that I started a non-profit to save puppies and kitties.

Case in point - Say you wanted a "safe" helicopter so you buy a brand new R44 when they came out. Then you have absolutely every service bulletin and letter complied with the whole time you own and fly it. You won't even take it to a Joe Blow's shop, instead you take it to Dick's Certified Repair Station that has an FAA approved repair station manual that dictates all tools must be calibrated to the highest standard and tracked. You feel comfortable knowing you have the safest darned helicopter out there flying all your friends their precious cargo without worry.

Then one day you get another service bulletin in the mail that wants you to upgrade the fuel tanks. Seems they rushed into production with all aluminum tanks that have a tendency to burst into flames on impact. In fact the new service bulletin recommends that EVERYONE ABOARD SHOULD WEAR FIRE SUITS UNTIL THE TANKS ARE REPLACED.

Last edited:
You don't really learn how to hate children till they turn into teenagers.

Why do you hate the children so much?

I just hope my "Baby on Board" sign will make the cold hearted Ted types slow down when they pass my minivan doing 55 in the fast lane.

You can never be too safe when you have a future galaxy explorer, cancer curer, and bringer of world peace all wrapped up into one little undeniably perfect bundle of joy.

If you wanted to have the safest helicopter in the world, a Robinson R44 is NOT what you should be buying. Piston single helicopter? No.

If you wanted to have the safest helicopter in the world, a Robinson R44 is NOT what you should be buying. Piston single helicopter? No.

I didn't say safest tho did I? But the owner obviously "feels" safe.

Back