Lost n Not Found, yet.

So I take it you're gonna peace out on us then? :eek:

not exactly, I mean, unless u just don't want me around. but there are plenty of topics I'm interested in, can learn from, and can occasionally contribute to. of course until some d-bag comes along and ruins the thread. otherwise the 'good times' we used to have have been indirectly discouraged. in other words, this place has put the F U in fun.

not exactly, I mean, unless u just don't want me around. but there are plenty of topics I'm interested in, can learn from, and can occasionally contribute to. of course until some d-bag comes along and ruins the thread. otherwise the 'good times' we used to have have been indirectly discouraged. in other words, this place has put the F U in fun.
Yeah I feel like this forum is slowly starting to die, different from how it was a few years ago.

Yeah I feel like this forum is slowly starting to die, different from how it was a few years ago.

The PC clique ran the interesting people off the "front porch", and continues to do so.

Used to be THE place for interesting conversations of all sorts with aviation people.

Seeing what certain personalities had to say about the events of the day here, was great.

The PC clique got their way and the site is utterly milquetoast now. Better places for social media and better places for aviation content.

I'm a die hard. I'm hanging out and watching to see how far the PC clique will take their experiment of attempting to control social media.

Or more to the point: To see if they'll ever notice that they killed the most interesting aviation site on the Net.

The most interesting archives are now littered with "PoADeleted" usernames. Looks like they still want more.

The PC clique ran the interesting people off the "front porch", and continues to do so.

Used to be THE place for interesting conversations of all sorts with aviation people.

Seeing what certain personalities had to say about the events of the day here, was great.

The PC clique got their way and the site is utterly milquetoast now. Better places for social media and better places for aviation content.

I'm a die hard. I'm hanging out and watching to see how far the PC clique will take their experiment of attempting to control social media.

Or more to the point: To see if they'll ever notice that they killed the most interesting aviation site on the Net.

The most interesting archives are now littered with "PoADeleted" usernames. Looks like they still want more.
I agree completely Nate. It's really a shame. The first few years after joining, POA was running full steam. The interaction between users was great and the members were very diverse. POA chat was one of the better features I enjoyed hanging out on. I feel like within the past few years this site has lost several notable members. Post-XenForo isn't the same. :(

Bryan (aka 6PC) has been found! He wrote a thread awhile ago. He's backkkkkkkkk! I hope.

Speaking of others who've gone MIA lately are timwinters and Edfred...:oops:

After reading this thread it would seem that I jumped on this forum while in a downward spiral. I guess I don't peruse enough to discover the "BS" that others see and/or I haven't been around long enough to know what it was like before. As with any forum I've belonged to, there are those who hide behind a keyboard to take their pot-shots at others and say things that they never would say to someone's face in real life. I don't know if this is the "BS" that is being mentioned or not; like I said, I don't read every thread as I have a life.

I come here to learn things and by doing so I show my ignorance a LOT. That's okay with me, I've never claimed to know everything and my skin is pretty thick so things don't bother me so much. But at least to me, this forum is a valuable source for answers to my questions and answers to questions that I didn't even know to ask yet. While on this forum, I've discovered other pilots who are near me that I'd like to meet one day but so far, I haven't met a single person. I've also discovered people who like to argue, on any subject, and all the time. I have no intention of meeting those people.

My point? I come here for information that I can't find anywhere else. Some of the advice (including my own) is worth exactly what paid for it but a lot more of it has been extremely valuable. I don't need my ego stroked so I'll stick around and maybe learn something.

I come here because I didn't get enough attention as a child. I blame my mom really. During my formative years she went to school. I was left to raise a family on my own. Sure she is a doctor now which is all fine and good but where was she when I needed her the most? Where was she when I was giving birth to my older sister? Probably studying for some silly exam or banging KC and the sunshine band. I really don't know or care anymore.

Also I have met a large number of POAers in person and all have been fun and interesting folks to talk to and fly with.

I come here because I didn't get enough attention as a child. I blame my mom really. During my formative years she went to school. I was left to raise a family on my own. Sure she is a doctor now which is all fine and good but where was she when I needed her the most? Where was she when I was giving birth to my older sister? Probably studying for some silly exam or banging KC and the sunshine band. I really don't know or care anymore.

Also I have met a large number of POAers in person and all have been fun and interesting folks to talk to and fly with.

Hell of a story Bryan. You're twice the man though having gone thru that. :skeptical:

This place is like my family, complete with the deliberately quarrelsome cousin, the endless Bo (F150) vs Mooney (Silverado) vs Cirrus (Prius) debate, a complete lack of donut etiquette (that hit particularly close to home!), the frustrated journalist who never runs out of words, the perpetually offended mother-in-law (my daughter shouldn't have settled for a Piper when she could have married a doctor killer), all of it calmly overseen by wise-from-life-experience grandparents (our long suffering moderators).

We told you you should have gotten a faster plane. That said, we still want to see the new Maule!!

Truth, but my 6'6" frame along with all of the princess' Christmas crap fit in there quite well... and the STOL capabilities made me feel like I was escaping my inlaws like the closing scene of a diehard movie.

Plus, the short runway at home is a 500' taxi back to my hangar vs a 1-mile taxi... so I guess I'll quit complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This place is like my family, complete with the deliberately quarrelsome cousin, the endless Bo (F150) vs Mooney (Silverado) vs Cirrus (Prius) debate, a complete lack of donut etiquette (that hit particularly close to home!), the frustrated journalist who never runs out of words, the perpetually offended mother-in-law (my daughter shouldn't have settled for a Piper when she could have married a doctor killer), all of it calmly overseen by wise-from-life-experience grandparents (our long suffering moderators).

Wait cirrus = prius?
I get that it's kinda cute, reliable, safe, and new but...

310HP...I move that we strike Prius from the comparison and replace it with Mercedes AMG.

Nah, you guys got it all wrong. Cirrus=Yugo Bo=Chevette Mooney=Gremlin

Wait cirrus = prius?
I get that it's kinda cute, reliable, safe, and new but...

310HP...I move that we strike Prius from the comparison and replace it with Mercedes AMG.

It's that safe, reliable, cocoon thing - and the commonality of evangelical fervour (you should listen to my Left Coast relatives waxing on about electrics, trying to convince this backcountry mountain redneck to trade in his 4WD pick-up :rolleyes: )
Okay, maybe Prius (SR-20?) is unkind to the red handle set. :fingerwag:
But Tesla (SR-22) is as far as it goes.

AMG's more like a TBM ;)

Last edited:
Who I really miss is Troy Martin and MAG Aviation.

eman1200 is here. sometimes. occasionally. hesitantly. but here.

I decided to take the entire month of November off from alcohol and most of the month off from PoA. mostly because I was having too much fun with one, and the other was reduced to not much fun at all. so I gave them both up for a while. not a drop of booze for 30 days. holy f*#k that's boring. hallelujah, it's December! oddly enough, I was not drunk when I typed this post. but the more important thing is what eman1200 has been up to. let me get you up to speed.

as we all know, the holidays are coming up. the gift lists are piling up. the ideas are running out. "sac socks", I thought. you can never go wrong with sac socks as gifts. wait, you didn't think I meant to actually WEAR them, did you? cause I mean that's just crazy talk. so on the hunt I went.

in my quest for the perfect sac socks, be them genuine or replicas, new or used, I stumbled upon ebay. within all the ebay categories I stumbled upon 'Everything Else'. to my delight, the very last sub-category of the final grouping of all the categories on ebay, was "Weird Stuff" (this image was obviously before I clicked on 'adult only'):

View attachment 49690

well, that's not all! unbeknownst to eman, ebay has different levels of weird stuff. subcategories include 'Slightly Unusual Stuffs' (you read that right, apparently the plural of stuff is stuffs), 'Really Weird Stuffs', and 'Totally Bizarre Stuff'. for some reason it appeared that there was only one totally bizarre stuff, not multiple stuffs. but I was wrong:

View attachment 49691

after thumbing through pages and pages of weird stuffs, on the very last page, the second-to-last item, it was finally revealed what I had been searching for all this time. without further ados (that's the plural of 'ado', right?) I present my, uh, present to you all (assuming I'm the high bidder, of course [go ahead, enter joke about being the 'high' bidder here]), the "Money SackSock with Smiley Face and Stab Holes":

View attachment 49692

now that's what I call some seriously weird stuffs. I'm including the link to the auction just in case you want to try to outbid me.

some seriously weird ****s

I wonder if he has the matching sock to go with it?

ok, now it's gotta be 5 o'clock somewhere, time for a drink WOOHOOO!!!

This is why you will always be the real 6PC to me. (No offense to the other 6PC intended.)

In at least one person's case it was quite directly discouraged. Being told you can only post if your post is aviation-related is, quite frankly, serious b.s.

Well, there used to be a sub forum where that could have been posted with no repercussions. But that had to go due to a certain level of un-civility amongst the masses which required too much moderator time. But I fear that gone with it was a draw that kept people coming to this board and posting a lot of aviation related material, too. But I haven't walked a mile in the moderators' shoes, so I can't really judge based on anything other than my own personal feelings, which are worth almost as much as what I paid for 'em.

Back