Looking for a starter plane that is respected

:rockon:

That is absolutely stunning! I definitely want a taildragger. So the question is low wing or high wing? What I like about the high wing taildragger with the right wheels is that there are more places I could go presumably if I ever want to fly into dirt strips. On the other hand getting a fast sleek looking low wing taildragger is very tempting too.

I'm biased toward's high wings but there are some universal reasons too.

Shade in Texas is a good thing.:yes: Keeps you out of the rain too...also, you may not have 56 year old knees yet, but you will, and not having to climb up on a wing and squirrel yourself down into a plane is a plus. The Cessna 170's and 180's have doors on each side and windows on each side that you can open up which is great for summer.

Cessna 180's have a bad rep for ground loops, but statistically, they have one of the lowest fatality rates of any GA aircraft. They're easy to fix, easy to find parts for, plus they never break or give you a lick of trouble using mine as an example. They just fly. Anywhere. With any load. Pretty fast too ... and I have a mogas STC although I rarely use it. :wink2:

Buy a Warrior for $30K, call these guys and tell them you want the most eye-catching paint job the world.

This paint job will set you back about $12-15K and you'll turn heads on every ramp.

Because looking good is a full time job.

Last edited:
Buy a Warrior for $30K, call these guys and tell them you want the most eye-catching paint job the world.

This paint job will set you back about $12-15K and you'll turn heads on every ramp.

Because looking good is a full time job.

Next you will be telling me to get a Mercury Grand Marquis, put a badass paint scheme on it and some 22 inch wheels with flashy rims, and maybe a nice big "BAD MUTHA EFFA" on the back window?

:rofl:

For the last time, I hope, NOT INTERESTED IN JUST A PAINT JOB! I want substance not flash.

Next you will be telling me to get a Mercury Grand Marquis, put a badass paint scheme on it and some 22 inch wheels with flashy rims, and maybe a nice big "BAD MUTHA EFFA" on the back window?

:rofl:

For the last time, I hope, NOT INTERESTED IN JUST A PAINT JOB! I want substance not flash.

Aha! You've discovered the value of most forum advice!

Good catch....:yes:

Here you go. Asking 62,500 on Trade a Plane. You won't find anything else in that price range with the performance and looks. Don

Attachments

• nanchang for sale.jpg
    nanchang for sale.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 28
you could get a low wing plane and give it a nice paint job like a p40 that will turn heads
Tiger%20%5BDesktop%20Resolution%5D.jpg

Or for about the same price he can have a real warbird with a radial engine and is fully aerobatic and faster than the Grumman. Don

Back