looking for a six-seater to rent in CA

cainexxi

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
cainxxi
Hi,

I Recently got my PPL, and still well under 250 total hours. We are a family of 5 and I'm looking for a single, six-seater (or five-seater) for a family vacation, somewhere around the San Francisco bay area, or anywhere is northern California/Navada. So far the only place I found that has six-seaters (Bonanzas) have insurance requirements of minimum 250 total hours.

Anyone got tips?

thanks

Thank you very much!

Unfortunately for me, advantage needs 300 total for the 206, and 250 total for the Bonanzas. wvfc also requires 250 total.

Insurance companies have really upped the ante on stuff like this, thus making it hard to find what you’re looking for. Most places will require at least 250hrs and possibly even an Instrument rating in order to rent the airplane solo. If they don’t, they’ll likely have a stupid expensive checkout in order to gather the time in type that’s required. I wish you luck in your search!

Rent a 4 seater and shuttle the family in two trips. That'll build hours. ;)

Are you looking at going to Tahoe? Please get some real mountain flying experience before doing this with 5 or 6 people.

Rent local and fly the whole crew out there! That’ll build hours…

Keep in mind many 6 place planes can't actually haul 6 people when you do the W&B. Additionally unfortunately most of the clubs and schools don't have six seaters, or, if they do, will have insurance requirements or other burdens to entry

The best plan is to build the time, build the experience, and when you're ready join one of the 250+ hr minimum clubs or buy your own plane

I'm with you though, that's why I'm happy our club has an Aztec, it's a plane I can at least comfortably load all of our things into

Back