Logging time in an Irish registered aircraft

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
I have an FAA PPL with instrument rating. If I fly a PA28 or Cessna 172 in Ireland with Irish registration can I long time and have it count towards things relevant to the FAA. I would have a CFI or safety pilot since under the rules my license will not let me solo an aircraft with such a registration.

Show me where in the regs, that to count time, it has to be in a US registered aircraft.

I got a bunch of hours in a VH- plane. I flew it as PIC on a letter of authorization from the Aussie CAA.
Note the flight rules are different enough in Ireland that an instructor would be a good idea.
The word isn't "safety pilot" by the way it is "another pilot being pilot in command while you manipulate the controls."

That is such a foreign idea, isn't it?

The reason I ask is that under JAA rules the US PPL would not be legal to solo the airplane. I'm looking for someone to be legal PIC while I log PIC as sole manipulator of the controls.

The reason I ask is that under JAA rules the US PPL would not be legal to solo the airplane. I'm looking for someone to be legal PIC while I log PIC as sole manipulator of the controls.
Exactly what do you think foreign rules on who may solo aircraft have to do with the rules of logging time toward US certificates, ratings and currency when US rules on who may solo aircraft don’t?

Back