LOCalizer-only approach with GS intercept?

Typo or whatever the correct term is for a symbol?
A zigzag? Not sure there is a correct term. Normally they're not listed on non-precision charts. I'd also say it's a typo.

It seems to be pointing at the FAF. On an ILS plate it seems to point at where the minimum altitude intercepts the glide slope, which isn't always the FAF. Ex: ILS to KFWS http://155.178.201.160/d-tpp/1702/00159IL16.PDF

Interesting question.

The FAA Chart user's guide, among other references, states for TTP symbols in the profile view the lightning bolt symbol indicates the Glide Slope/Glide Path intercept Altitude and final approach fix for vertically guided approach procedures. IMO since a LOC approach doesn't provide vertical guidance in the form of a GS it shouldn't be there hence my typo response earlier.

Identifies the FAF and the MAP.

The FAF when it is a GS/GP intercept depicted in the profile view, but the MAP? Got a reference or an example?

Best I could come up with....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    516 KB · Views: 24
Best I could come up with....

I don't see anything in your example showing a lightning bolt symbol associated with a MAP--it just reiterates what has already been posted concerning GS/GP intercept.

I don't see anything in your example showing a lightning bolt symbol associated with a MAP--it just reiterates what has already been posted concerning GS/GP intercept.

OK. Let us know when you figure it out.

OK. Let us know when you figure it out.

I give up--I simply don't understand how the lightning bolt symbol defines the MAP in the profile view. Are you extrapolating that since the presence of the lightning bolt identifies the FAF as GS/GP intercept that by extension it also defines the MAP as a DH/DA, as the case may be?

Thanks everyone. Is there a way to report errors?

Back