Lightspeed announcement 11/12

You know, I have a Sena BT audio unit in my motorcycle helmet. It works remarkably well for phone calls, music, gps, and audio books. And I can talk to four or five other riders at the same time.

Audio engineering has really come a long way in the last few years.

Uh ooohhhhh, somebody's got a black box on his kitchen table (man did I leave that one open for you jokers...).....

99e888a6c54ea1ead1cc7b92dafd406f.jpg

This is good!

So far I like the case. The cardboard box probably is $30 of the total cost. LOL

David

Sorry, I would post more but I'm out and about. Before I left I started uploading my first video review, it was taking forever but when I get home, hopefully it's done so I can post it.

So can you leave it hooked to the charger all the time when not in use? Or will that kill the battery? Does it have a battery monitor? I had some wireless Bose for music and each time you turn them on it told you the remaining battery percentage. You just going to run a cord in your plane and leave them plugged in or have to take the headset and box out each time?

Cords don't bother me, so I'm not in the market, but this is interesting. I'm willing to bet Bose is working on something too.

The killer for me would be the increased weight. That's the main reason I ditched my DCs in the first place.

Cords don't bother me, so I'm not in the market, but this is interesting. I'm willing to bet Bose is working on something too.

The killer for me would be the increased weight. That's the main reason I ditched my DCs in the first place.

Yep... They wouldn't stay on my head doing aerobatics. My Beyerdynamics are half the weight.

I'm sick of ear clamps in general... Really close to buying a Clarity Aloft.

aight y'all.......I know I'm a rambling dork and I know the video is long but here's my vid of my 1st impressions of the LS Tango. it's unscripted and I realize I sound like a total idiot and just give basic feedback and will probably get ripped a new one for it but here it is. I look forward to actually getting in the plane and doing a review there. also, overnite I'm uploading another shorter video of the bluetooth feature in action, well, in action in my kitchen, anyways. so, take it easy on me.

Why wouldn't they just put a charging port on the outside of the headset? That sucks having to open the door all the time.

Why wouldn't they just put a charging port on the outside of the headset? That sucks having to open the door all the time.
It almost looks like they removed material to do exactly that. That's my largest complaint after seeing the video.

It almost looks like they removed material to do exactly that. That's my largest complaint after seeing the video.

pretty sure that's just a relief for the USB port. Looks like it's raised, and wouldn't fit if the door was flat.

Thanks, Eman1200! I really appreciate the in-depth review. Can't wait to hear your in-flight review!

here's another vid of the bluetooth feature, which really isn't new to a lot of you but new to some, so maybe it'll be helpful, who knows. more eman rambling can be found here:

ok so I figured the best thing to do after returning to work from a long vacation was to take an extended lunch and go flying. cause that's just how I roll. unfortunately I think I got some interference from how I captured my audio, which doesn't happen with non-ANR headsets. therefore, I don't think this set of videos would be a true representation of how the headset sounded, there is extra interference in the video that I definitely did not hear in flight. with some weather rolling into the Charlotte area, looks like this will have to wait until the weekend.

ok so I figured the best thing to do after returning to work from a long vacation was to take an extended lunch and go flying. cause that's just how I roll. unfortunately I think I got some interference from how I captured my audio, which doesn't happen with non-ANR headsets. therefore, I don't think this set of videos would be a true representation of how the headset sounded, there is extra interference in the video that I definitely did not hear in flight. with some weather rolling into the Charlotte area, looks like this will have to wait until the weekend.

Post the video anyway>>>>

So, how heavy is that big, honkin' control module?

heavy? eh, probably not as heavy as it is big. uh, I mean huge. I just measured it and its about 8" x 2 1/8". the panel interface, that is.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PI_1.jpg
    PI_1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 150
  • PI_2.jpg
    PI_2.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 150
If you own the plane, you might take your side panel to and upholstery shop and have them fashion a "mounting loop" in the right spot. Get your side pocket space back to store your landing calculators.

If you own the plane, you might take your side panel to and upholstery shop and have them fashion a "mounting loop" in the right spot. Get your side pocket space back to store your landing calculators.

Or just let that box hang by the plugs :)

EQ-1 controller sure is small.
Nobody cared about wireless when these guys brought it out. Now Lightspeed has it and everyone goes crazy. LOL!
I think the EQ-1 has been out several years already.

Attachments

• eq.jpg
    eq.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 45
EQ-1 controller sure is small.
Nobody cared about wireless when these guys brought it out. Now Lightspeed has it and everyone goes crazy. LOL!
I think the EQ-1 has been out several years already.
The sad power of marketing. It's what makes the world go 'round...

So, eman, so far, knowing what you know now, would you still buy the headset?

David

Back