Lightspeed announcement 11/12

texasag93

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
texasag93
Lightspeed sent me an announcement for a webinar for 11/12.

What do you think it is? That the PFXs will stop eating batteries? The ZULU2s will start eating batteries?

I will give them 30 minutes since I do like their products.

I like Lightspeed, too, so am disappointed the PFX has been such a flop. I was ready to order one but not after the feedback I got here from owners of them. I hope they can sort it out.

They have probably been following the thread on the pfx preps and want to explain how to use them correctly. Or maybe they invented something totally new? Who knows.

I traded in one pair of Z2's for PFX. I fly mostly with PFX and love them. I read the other thread. I do hate the battery consumption. That actually helped me compare real time in flight. I had the batteries in the PFX call it quits mid flight. I swapped out for my Z2's. There is a considerable noise difference between the two. At least for me there was. I also listen to XM radio via the PFX and the quality is far better in my opinion.

Carl

can y'all let me know if there's any crazy deals they are running? might be time for me to step it up (and get a third headset in my collection)? thanks!

can y'all let me know if there's any crazy deals they are running? might be time for me to step it up (and get a third headset in my collection)? thanks!

I'm considering selling my PFX.... barely used. That crazy enough?

I like the Sierras, Zulus and PFX. For the price, you can't beat the Sierras! I personally like them better then the Bose as well.

You want to hear something really sad. I've been waiting for them to set me up as a parts supplier/dealer for over a year now so I can provide you guys service on their headsets as well. The only company in this business that has ever blown me off, more than once.

I've been buying old busted one's off eBay to use for parts supplies, so I can customize, update and repair y'alls headsets. I've had the ability to fix the PFX issues since they released, but won't be doing it without signed documentation. Well it's too late now, I won't be including that in the "deal" when it - never - happens.

It's funny what you learn when you see the inside of how people "work".

Good luck with the announcement...

Last edited:
I like the Sierras, Zulus and PFX. For the price, you can't beat the Sierras! I personally like them better then the Bose as well.

I had issues with the Sierras being mostly plastic and parts popping off, but I knew better than to buy them when I did. Still have them. Karen likes them. Flew a lot of hours behind them myself too. Not terrible but parts popping off anything that costs over five Benjamins ****es me off. I have studio headsets that are over a decade old, smaller, lighter, and WAY cheaper that wore out the fake leather earpieces and never had anything pop off.

Finally upgraded to Zulus after waiting forever to see if Bose would do Bluetooth right (eventually they did, but not soon enough), Sennheiser could get their ANR up to snuff (they are nice folks and sponsored a number of events at OSH that really show a good community spirit but alas, the product just can't seem to "get there"), or if DC would ever come back to life and do something modern (still have pairs of DCs that have flown with me since I was 19 -- I really wanted to support them but they're lost in the woods as far as GA goes. They have their big contracts or whatever keeps them busy and they are just nearly irrelevant nowadays...), so... Zulus it was.

They're "fine". I wouldn't put them in the same long term quality category of the 23 year old DCs, but for the modern headset purchaser, they seem to be the only game in town.

Oh. Was interested in those AKG sets that are new, but couldn't find a pair to try on for an extended test for pressure points and decided I just didn't want to deal with an "off-brand" in case they went under, since aviation isn't their main product line. And for studio headphones I'm a dyed in the wool Sony Pro series fan. So that killed any possible long term relationship with what otherwise is known as a pretty good brand name in the studio/audio world.

I had issues with the Sierras being mostly plastic and parts popping off, but I knew better than to buy them when I did. Still have them. Karen likes them. Flew a lot of hours behind them myself too. Not terrible but parts popping off anything that costs over five Benjamins ****es me off. I have studio headsets that are over a decade old, smaller, lighter, and WAY cheaper that wore out the fake leather earpieces and never had anything pop off.

Finally upgraded to Zulus after waiting forever to see if Bose would do Bluetooth right (eventually they did, but not soon enough), Sennheiser could get their ANR up to snuff (they are nice folks and sponsored a number of events at OSH that really show a good community spirit but alas, the product just can't seem to "get there"), or if DC would ever come back to life and do something modern (still have pairs of DCs that have flown with me since I was 19 -- I really wanted to support them but they're lost in the woods as far as GA goes. They have their big contracts or whatever keeps them busy and they are just nearly irrelevant nowadays...), so... Zulus it was.

They're "fine". I wouldn't put them in the same long term quality category of the 23 year old DCs, but for the modern headset purchaser, they seem to be the only game in town.

Oh. Was interested in those AKG sets that are new, but couldn't find a pair to try on for an extended test for pressure points and decided I just didn't want to deal with an "off-brand" in case they went under, since aviation isn't their main product line. And for studio headphones I'm a dyed in the wool Sony Pro series fan. So that killed any possible long term relationship with what otherwise is known as a pretty good brand name in the studio/audio world.

You named everything except Beyerdynamic. I am in love with mine. To bad more people didn't buy them, now they quit selling the aviation stuff. In my opinion they are the best around and I can't seem to find more of them to buy. I have 4 of the HS-200 passive models and have not tried the anr but want to.
I tried all the Bose, Lightspeeds, DC's, Clarity aloft and just keep going back to my Beyerdynamics. I think the passive headset is quieter than the top of the line ANR's. They are mostly made of Aluminum and super light. I don't have to strap them on doing aerobatics and they stay put.

Last edited:
You named everything except Beyerdynamic. I am in love with mine. To bad more people didn't buy them, now they quit selling the aviation stuff. In my opinion they are the best around and I can't seem to find more of them to buy. I have 4 of the HS-200 passive models and have not tried the anr but want to.
I tried all the Bose, Lightspeeds, DC's, Clarity aloft and just keep going back to my Beyerdynamics. I think the passive headset is quieter than the top of the line ANR's. They are mostly made of Aluminum and super light. I don't have to strap them on doing aerobatics and they stay put.

I saw ads for them but they were as unobtanium for a demo as the AKGs. So they got tossed off the short list for me.

Didn't know they stopped making them. Seemed nice enough but apparently their Marketing failed.

You want to hear something really sad. I've been waiting for them to set me up as a parts supplier/dealer for over a year now so I can provide you guys service on their headsets as well. The only company in this business that has ever blown me off, more than once.

I've been buying old busted one's off eBay to use for parts supplies, so I can customize, update and repair y'alls headsets. I've had the ability to fix the PFX issues since they released, but won't be doing it without signed documentation. Well it's too late now, I won't be including that in the "deal" when it - never - happens.

It's funny what you learn when you see the inside of how people "work".

Good luck with the announcement...

Just curious, why would anyone pay you to repair lightspeed headsets when you can mail them back and they will fix for free? I have had great support from lightspeed so far with my zulu.2 headset.

Lightspeed sent me an announcement for a webinar for 11/12.

What do you think it is? That the PFXs will stop eating batteries? The ZULU2s will start eating batteries?

I will give them 30 minutes since I do like their products.

Soooo..

What was said in the webinar ???:dunno:

Hasn't happened yet...

I figured it was first thing this morning....:redface::redface::redface:..

Since own 4 sets of Lightspeeds I am curious about what is said...

Care to share the webinar link ???

Pm me if ya want to keep it private...

Patience grasshopper...

Starts at 1700Z

Announcement is for new product "Tango", a wireless premium headset.