Life limits on aircraft

Gmonnig

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Grant
I am curiously shopping for a possible upgrade to the Comanche, not in speed but in comfort. I have always loved the Commander 114-115 and was curious about the wing life. I understand that the life limit was basically made up for certification under the new Part 23. Can one simply find a scrapped, lower time wing and swap? Or is your airplane worth zero dollars when this limit is reached? Not that this will probably ever be an issue for me but just thinking out loud. I know that the Commander 700 had a relatively low fuselage life which would make your investment eventually worthless.

I fly a 1974 Commander 112 Hotshot with 4400 hours on the airframe. At the present rate I will be 124 years old by the time the wings time out.
I am more concerned about being able to get insurance at that age than wing life limits.

Life is a barrel of fun.

Ken Andrew

I fly a 1974 Commander 112 Hotshot with 4400 hours on the airframe. At the present rate I will be 124 years old by the time the wings time out.
I am more concerned about being able to get insurance at that age than wing life limits.

Life is a barrel of fun.

Ken Andrew
We look forward to a thread on it.

:D

Back