Let's play chicken!

abqtj

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
abqtj
c96ca2184c349fff74a1fcc0e33e8d10.jpg

These 4 were coming in as I was taxiing out.

Goofy gas ftw.

Nauga,
whose FLIR is unmasked.

What happened to his other testicle?
If you're asking about the left external tank, it's on the centerline. :D The left inboard station is left open to give the FLIR mounted on the left shoulder (inlet) station an open field of view. It's called "goofy gas".

Nauga,
who says, "it's a feature" :rolleyes:

Even the best aviators on Earth can't keep it on centerline sometimes...
You'd think it'd be even easier with the pilots seat on the centerline of the aircraft.

You'd think it'd be even easier with the pilots seat on the centerline of the aircraft.

True, but he did just land on that taxiway, and he dragged it in at high alpha so visability over the nose was a little impeded.

If you're asking about the left external tank, it's on the centerline. :D The left inboard station is left open to give the FLIR mounted on the left shoulder (inlet) station an open field of view. It's called "goofy gas".

Nauga,
who says, "it's a feature" :rolleyes:
I guess there is a reason the FLIR can't be on the centerline with the other tank in a more balanced location. But I guess with all that power, W&B isn't much of a problem.

Btw, I guess these guys were passing through and not sticking around at the base.

They were marshaled over to the FBO near the flight school. Saw the pilots inside sitting and drinking coffee.

The FLIR side where the external tank would go seems to be there designated coat rack. All 4 had something hanging from it while parked. :)

Btw, I guess these guys were passing through and not sticking around at the base.

They were marshaled over to the FBO near the flight school. Saw the pilots inside sitting and drinking coffee.

The FLIR side where the external tank would go seems to be there designated coat rack. All 4 had something hanging from it while parked. :)

its classified, i could tell you but then i would have to kill you......

Back