Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

Copy and paste is the most common type of code reuse. Just sayin’

right before the coder completely rewrites portions because the original was crap (even if it was his code in the first place).

right before the coder completely rewrites portions because the original was crap (even if it was his code in the first place).
I wrote a lot of proposals, justifications, instructions and other documents when I worked for a fortune 100 company that got me a lot of attention, respect and dare I say, several promotions. I made asst VP before chucking the corporate world. When I go back and read those documents I often ask myself how I could have written that trash.

The second company I worked for as a software engineer (don't snort, it was the job title) was a small partnership that consulted to the company the two principals had left. One day one of them was sitting at his desk in the corner looking at code listings. He started muttering to himself: "This doesn't make any sense! Why did he do it this way?" etc. after a few minutes he said "Who wrote this anyway?!?" Flipped back through several pages of listing and then said (much quieter) "Well, I must have had a good reason for it."

Anyone in the s/w business has re-used modules. And all of us have looked back and wondered “what was I thinking?”

I had to dig through some very old legacy s/w once, full of descriptive variables like “x” and “x2”, and found a single comment: “Harry’s wife had a baby”.

How come my students don't look like this??
View attachment 122934

40 some odd years ago I dated a blonde. East Texas farm girl, blonde hair, blue eyes, narrow at the hip, large at the breast.

And add TOTALLY insane to that list. I had to move to another town twice to get away from her. I never dated a blonde again...

40 some odd years ago I dated a blonde. East Texas farm girl, blonde hair, blue eyes, narrow at the hip, large at the breast.

And add TOTALLY insane to that list. I had to move to another town twice to get away from her. I never dated a blonde again...
:) Blondes are SUPPOSED to be crazy. The challenge associated with the probable lack of stability makes it more interesting. Like taxiing a tailwheel.

To press the turbo button on the experience, try saying "Hey, you're almost as good at this as your sister!", and hang on tight...

How come my students don't look like this??
View attachment 122934
Here's what a dork I am....I saw a dude in an "aviator nation" hat at a theme park. I almost went up to him to talk about flying. Thankfully my antisocial tendencies took over. Found out later it's an overpriced hipster fashion brand.

:) Blondes are SUPPOSED to be crazy. The challenge associated with the probable lack of stability makes it more interesting. Like taxiing a tailwheel.

To press the turbo button on the experience, try saying "Hey, you're almost as good at this as your sister!", and hang on tight...

No thanks, I was an adventurous person back then but a good man always knows his limitations.!! :yesnod:

Here's what a dork I am....I saw a dude in an "aviator nation" hat at a theme park. I almost went up to him to talk about flying. Thankfully my antisocial tendencies took over. Found out later it's an overpriced hipster fashion brand.
At least there are still surefire ways that we can identify other pilots in public. Aviator sunglasses, for example.

Turns out Vans is the same thing...

Back