Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

Years ago my "moonlight" job included flying deceased individuals from one city to another. It was much less expensive for a family, particularly if the destination was a small town, rather than using a commercial airline and then potentially a long ground travel. I flew a Cherokee 6 and the flight plan always included "funeral flight" in the notes section so if something bad happened and there were 2 deceased at the accident site rather than just one listed in the flight plan there would not be a problem. It was a good service to a bereaved family.

I flew a Cherokee 6 and the flight plan always included "funeral flight" in the notes section so if something bad happened and there were 2 deceased at the accident site rather than just one listed in the flight plan there would not be a problem.

I once put in the remarks section.... plus 1 dead body as cargo, just in case there is confusion at the accident flight site...

I had a passenger die while in flight from a small village in Alaska. I called and changed the souls on board and requested an ambulance.

There were no questions asked...

Typical older Benz panel.

I always thought the "1/1" for full fuel was a little, "pretentious?" "engineer geeky?" Something like that. Kind of surprised it got through like that into production (on many, many cars). Yes, it's technically correct, but it's also an unnecessarily un-reduced fraction, so it's not 100% correct in my mind.

Could have put "1", or an F, or whatever "Full" is in German. As it is, it seems like an engineer got dared to get in a joke, and nobody higher up noticed.

I always thought the "1/1" for full fuel was a little, "pretentious?" "engineer geeky?" Something like that. Kind of surprised it got through like that into production (on many, many cars). Yes, it's technically correct, but it's also an unnecessarily un-reduced fraction, so it's not 100% correct in my mind.

Could have put "1", or an F, or whatever "Full" is in German. As it is, it seems like an engineer got dared to get in a joke, and nobody higher up noticed.

Nah, more likely a marketeer. An engineer would have used engineering notation and written 1/2 as 500e-3.

Last edited:

Somebody probably insisted on numbers (thinking of gallons or liters) instead of "E" and "F", somebody else realized the gauge wasn't accurate enough to display gallons, but they wanted numbers so they got numbers.

The LSU and Tx A&M engineers had a war going. The A&M trenches were tossing hand grenades over into the LSU trenches. The LSU engineers were pulling the pins and throwing them back!

What are the three lies most often told in Alabama?

1: I have never lived in a trailer.
2: My bass boat is paid off.
3: I was just helping this sheep over the fence.

I got a call for some RV work yesterday. My phone transcribed the voicemail…
“Hi David this is Teri I live at <name redacted> RV resort a butt hole in my wife got your car and we're having um issue with…”

What are the three lies most often told in Alabama?

1: I have never lived in a trailer.
2: My bass boat is paid off.
3: I was just helping this sheep over the fence.
..any southern state
4: It was daylight when I shot it.
5: I didn't know she was my cousin.
6: There's no alcohol in that.

Back