Lets make Friday 'Joke Day'!

Last Wednesday a passenger in a taxi heading for Central station leaned over to ask the driver a question and gently tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.

The driver screamed, lost control of the cab, nearly hit a bus, drove up over the curb and stopped just inches from a large plate window. For a few moments everything was silent in the cab. Then, the shaking driver said "are you OK? I'm so sorry, but you scared the daylights out of me."

The badly shaken passenger apologized to the driver and said, "I didn't realize that a mere tap on the shoulder would startle someone so badly."

The driver replied, "No, no, I'm the one who is sorry, it's entirely my fault. Today is my very first day driving a cab. I've been driving a hearse for 25 years."

Technology company org charts:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 333719040.png
    333719040.png
    384.5 KB · Views: 288
How to ID an Aircrewman

You've ever said, "Oh yes sir, it's supposed to look like that."
You've ever sucked LOX to cure a hangover.
You know what JP4/JP5 tastes like.
You've ever used a piece of safety wire as a toothpick.
You've ever had to say, "My boots are still black!" (or ever spray-painted them black)
You have ever used soot from the tailpipe to blacken your boots.
You believe the aircraft has a soul. You talk to the aircraft.
The only thing you know about any city is where the good bars are.
You know more about your coworkers than you do about your own family.
You can't figure out why maintenance officers exist.
You ever wished the pilot would just say, "Great aircraft!"
You think everyone who isn't an Aircrewman is a wimp.
You wondered where they keep finding the idiots that keep making up stupid rules.
You consider 'Moly-B' fingerprints on food an 'acquired taste'.
You've ever been told to "go get us some prop wash, a yard of flight line or the keys to the jet.
Little yellow ear plugs are all over your house.
You have ever preflighted in really bad weather only to learn that the flight was canceled hours ago.
Your spouse refuses to watch any aviation shows or attend air shows with you.
You have ever looked for pictures of "your" aircraft in aviation books and magazines.
You can't figure out why two weeks of advance per-diem is gone after three days.
You can sleep anywhere, anytime. But as soon as the engines shut down you are wide awake.
You have ever used, wheel chocks, or tow bar for a pillow.
You have ever stood on wheel chocks to keep your feet dry.
You have ever used a pair of Dykes to trim a fingernail.
You have ever pulled the ICS Switch and pretend it was a gun switch while riding brakes.
You have ever started an APU inside the hanger!
You have ever wiped leaks right before an Air show.
All you care about is the flight schedule and your days off.
You have ever had to defuel your aircraft an hour after fueling it.
Everyone you know has some kind of nickname.
You have used the "Pull Chocks" hand signal to tell your buddies it is time to leave.
You have ever bled hydraulic fluid into a Gatorade bottle or soda can because you are too lazy to go get a hydraulic bucket and the Hazmat keys.
If have you ever been tackled, duct taped to a tow bar, covered in PET and sand, egged, sourmilked, peanut buttered and jellied, and slapped under the emergency wash station in 30 deg weather?
You know in your heart that your aircraft is female.
You refer to ANY machine as "she."
You refer to QA as "the enemy."
You hate Ops, Maintenance Control, QA, and cops.
You know the international marshalling sign for "pull your head out of your ass."
You've ever worked weekend duty on an aircraft that isn't flying on Monday.
You fix multi million dollar aircraft, but can't figure out what's wrong with your $150 lawnmower.
Your toolbox at home has wheels and foam cutouts, just like the ones at work.
Some of the tools in your toolbox at home are etched.
If the way you measure the cost of living in other countries is by the price of a beer at a bar.
And best of all, you know everybody you send this to will understand because they were all AIRCREWMEN!

Subject: Fw: BIRD HUMOR...

Priceless Humor:

A woman went to a pet shop and immediately

spotted a large, beautiful parrot..

There was a sign on the cage that said $50.00.

"Why so little," she asked the pet store owner.

The owner looked at her and said,

"Look, I should tell you first that this bird used to live in a house of Prostitution

and sometimes it says some pretty vulgar stuff."

The woman thought about this, but decided

she had to have the bird any way.

She took it home and hung the bird's cage up

in her living room and waited for it to say something.

The bird looked around the room, then at her, and said,

"New house, new madam."

The woman was a bit shocked at the implication,

but then thought "that's really not so bad."

When her 2 teenage daughters returned from school

the bird saw and said,

"New house, new madam, new girls."

The girls and the woman were a bit offended

but then began to laugh about the situation

considering how and where the parrot had been raised.

Moments later, the woman's husband Curt
came home from work.

The bird looked at him and said,

"Hi, Curt !"

re: aircrewmen

two points of contention
1. I worked in QA
2. I never had a lawn mower cost anywhere near $150

:D

Bosses

Attachments

• THE%20SHREDDER.jpg
    THE%20SHREDDER.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 87
Humor for Lexiphiles

To all you Lexiphiles .... (those who love playing on words)

To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

When fish are in schools they sometimes take debate.

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

When the smog lifts in Los Angeles , U.C.L.A.

The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes was on shaky ground.

The batteries were given out free of charge.

A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.

A will is a dead giveaway.

If you don't pay your exorcist you can get repossessed.

With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

Show me a piano falling down a mineshaft and I'll show you A-flat miner.

You are stuck with your debt if you can't budge it.

Local Area Network in Australia : The LAN down under.

A boiled egg is hard to beat.

When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.

Police were called to a day care where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Did you hear about the fellow whose whole left side was cut off? He's all right now.

If you take a laptop computer for a run you could jog your memory.

A bicycle can't stand alone; it is two tired.

In a democracy it's your vote that counts; in feudalism, it's your Count that votes.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine was fully recovered.

He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

Those who get too big for their britches will be exposed in the end.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she'd dye.

Acupuncture: a jab well done

Don't know. I didn't even dig deeper than the home page. I just saw the what is her favorite color thing which was funny.

When I can, or not, I may look into these apology posters of which you speak. I didn't even know guys apologized so . . . .

Maybe I won't look into it. Wouldn't want to ruin my manly men ideas.

Are your ideas about men manly, or do you have ideas about "manly men"?

And where does Ed fit into this? It's just because he owns an ugly airplane, right?

No silly. Manly men. The ones who don't apologize. That website was about men making "puppy eye looks" so women who have PMS will get less mad at them.

I was just saying not all women "get mean" once a month, or for that matter claim any PMS symptoms. And not all men apologize, buy flowers, and give back rubs.

Stereotypes about men and women are just that: stereotypes!

A grandmother was surprised by her 7-year old grandson one morning. He had made her some fresh coffee. She drank the worst cup of coffee in her life. When she got to the bottom, there was three little green army men, and she asked him why they were there. Her grandson replied, "On television, they say, "The Best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup."

Ensign Law was holding morning muster.

"Jackson?"
"Here!"

"KIBBEY?"
"Yo."

"STEPHENS?"
"Present, sir."

"Robbins?"
"Yo."

"SEEBACK?"
(Nothing)

"SEEBACK?!"
(Still nothing)

"DAMMIT, SEEBACK!"

The Chief quietly tells the Ensign,

"Turn the paper over, sir."

REDNECK HOROSCOPE

OKRA (Dec 22 - Jan 20) - Although you appear crude, you are actually very slick on the inside. Okras have tremendous influence. An older Okra can look back over his life and see the seeds of his influence everywhere. Stay away from Moon Pies.

CHITLIN (Jan 21 - Feb 19) - Chitlins come from humble backgrounds. A chitlin, however, can make something of himself if he's motivated and has lots of seasoning. In dealing with Chitlins, be careful. They can erupt like Vesuvius. Chitlins are best with Catfish and Okra.

BOLL WEEVIL (Feb 20 - Mar 20) - You have an overwhelming curiosity. You're unsatisfied with the surface of things, and you feel the need to bore deep into the interior of everything. Needless to say, you are very intense and driven as if you had some inner hunger. Nobody in their right mind is going to marry you, so don't worry about it.

MOON PIE (Mar 21 - Apr 20) - You're the type that spends a lot of time on the front porch. It's a cinch to recognize the physical appearance of Moon Pies. Big and round are the key words here. You should marry anybody who you can get remotely interested in the idea. It's not going to be easy. This might be the year to think about aerobics. Or - maybe not.

POSSUM (Apr 21 - May 21) - When confronted with life's difficulties, possums have a marked tendency to withdraw and develop a don't-bother-me-about-it attitude. Sometimes you become so withdrawn, people actually think you're dead. This strategy is probably not psychologically healthy, but seems to work for you. One day, however, it won't work and you may find your problems actually running you over.

CRAWFISH (May 22 - June 21) - Crawfish is a water sign. If you work in an office, you're always hanging around the water cooler. Crawfish prefer the beach to the mountains, the pool to the golf course, the bathtub to the living room. You tend to be not particularly attractive physically, but you have very, very good heads.

COLLARDS (June 22 - July 23) - Collards have a genius for communication. They love to get in the "melting pot" of life and share their essence with the essence of those round them.. Collards make good social workers, psychologists, and baseball managers. As far as your personal life goes, if you are Collards, stay away from Moon Pies. It just won't work. Save yourself a lot of heartache.

CATFISH (July 24 - Aug 23) - Catfish are traditionalists in matters of the heart, although one's whiskers may cause problems for loved ones. You catfish are never easy people to understand. You prefer the muddy bottoms to the clear surface of life. Above all else, Catfish should stay away from Moon Pies.

GRITS (Aug 24 - Sept 23) - Your highest aim is to be with others like yourself. You like to huddle together with a big crowd of other Grits. You love to travel though, so maybe you should think about joining a club. Where do you like to go? Anywhere they have cheese or gravy or bacon or butter or eggs. If you can go somewhere where they have all these things, that serves you well.

BOILED PEANUTS (Sept 24 - Oct 23) - You have a passionate desire to help your fellow man. Unfortunately, those who know you best - your friends and loved ones - may find that your personality is much too salty, and their criticism will probably affect you deeply because you are really much softer than you appear. You should go right ahead and marry anybody you want to because in a certain way, yours is a charmed life. On the road of life, you can be sure that people will always pull over and stop for you.

BUTTER BEAN (Oct 24 - Nov 22) - Always invite a Butter Bean because Butter Beans get along well with everybody. You, as a Butter Bean, should be proud. You've grown on the vine of life and you feel at home no matter what the setting. You can sit next to anybody. However, you, too, shouldn't have anything to do with Moon Pies.

ARMADILLO (Nov 23 - Dec 21) - You have a tendency to develop a tough exterior, but you are actually quite gentle. A good evening for you? Old friends, a fire, some roots, fruit, worms and insects. You are a throwback. You're not concerned with today's fashions and trends. You're not concerned with anything about today. You're really almost prehistoric in your interests and behavior patterns. You probably want to marry another Armadillo, but Possum is another somewhat kinky, mating possibility.

SAD NEWS - Please join me in remembering YET ANOTHER great icon of the entertainment community. The Pillsbury Dough Boy died yesterday of a yeast infection and traumatic complications from repeated pokes to the belly. He was 71. Dough Boy is survived by his wife Play Dough, three children, John Dough, Jane Dough, and Dill Dough, plus they had one in the Oven. Services were held at 3:50 for about 20 minutes

This guy walks into a bar in Taxas and orders a white wine. Everybody sitting around the bar looks up, surprised, and the bartender looks around and says: "You ain't from around here, are ya... where ya from, boy?"
The guy says, "I'm from Iowa."
The bartender asks, "What th' hell you do in Iowa?"
The guy responds, "I'm a taxidermist."
The bartender asks, "A taxidermist... now just what th' hell is a taxidermist?"
The guy says "I mount animals."
The bartender grins and shouts out to the whole bar, "It's OK boys, he's one of us!"

A funeral service is being held for a woman who has just passed away. At the end of the service, the pallbearers carrying the casket accidentally bump into a wall jarring the casket. They hear a faint moan.

They open the casket and find that the women is actually alive. She lives for 10 more years and then dies. A ceremony is again held. At the end the pallbearers are again carrying the casket out. As they are walking, the husband yells out, "Watch out for the wall!"

A professional juggler, driving to his next performance, is stopped by the police."What are you doing with these matches and lighter fluid in your car?" asks the police officer."I'm a juggler and I juggle flaming torches in my act."

"Oh yeah? Let's see you do it," says the officer.So the juggler gets out and starts juggling the blazing torches
masterfully.

Earl and Mabel happen to be driving by, slows down to watch. "Wow," says Earl to Mabel, "I'm glad I aint drinking tonight. Look at the test they're giving now!"

Don and his pig were driving down the road when a cop pulled him over. The cop asked Don, "Didn't you know it is against the law to ride with a pig in the front of you truck?"

Don replied, "No, I didn't know that." The cop asked Don where he was going and he said, "To Lufkin".

The cop said, "I will let you off the hook this time if you promise to take the pig to the zoo when you get to Lufkin." So Don promised he would.

Several days later the cop spotted Don with the pig driving down the road and he pulled him over again. The cop said "I thought I told you to take this pig to the zoo when you got to Lufkin."

Don replied, "I did and we had so much fun, I taking him to the theater now".

Taxas State trooper pulls over a pickup truck on I-40. He says to the driver, "Got any ID?" The driver says, "Bout what?"

"I don't feel stupid anymore!"

Attachments

• I Don't Feel Stupid Anymore....pdf
    547.2 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Mexican Oysters

A big Texan stopped at a local restaurant following a day roaming around in Mexico .

While sipping his tequila, he noticed a sizzling, scrumptious looking platter being served at the next table. Not only did it look good, the smell was wonderful.

He asked the waiter, 'What is that you just served?'

The waiter replied, 'Ah senor, you have excellent taste! Those are called Cojones de Toro, testicles from the bull fight this morning. A delicacy!'

The cowboy said, 'What the heck, bring me an order..'

The waiter replied, 'I am so sorry senor. There is only one serving per day

because there is only one bull fight each morning. If you come early and place your order, we will be sure to save you this delicacy.'

The next morning, the cowboy returned, placed his order, and that evening was served the one and only special delicacy of the day. After a few bites, inspecting his platter, he called to the waiter and said, 'These are delicious, but they are much, much smaller than the ones I saw you serve yesterday.'

The waiter shrugged his shoulders and replied, 'Si, Senor.........

Sometimes the bull wins.

We were dressed and ready to go out for the New Year’s Eve Party. We turned on a night light, turned the answering machine on, covered our pet parakeet and put the cat in the backyard.

We phoned the local cab company and requested a taxi. The taxi arrived and we opened the front door to leave the house.

As we walked out the door, the cat we had put out in the yard, scoots back into the house. We didn't want the cat shut in the house because she always tries to eat the bird.

My wife goes on out to the taxi, while I went back inside to get the cat. The cat runs upstairs, with me in hot pursuit. Waiting in the cab, my wife doesn't want the driver to know that the house will be empty for the night. So, she explains to the taxi driver that I will be out soon. 'He's just going upstairs to say Goodbye to my mother.'

A few minutes later, I get into the cab. 'Sorry I took so long,' I said, as we drove away. 'That stupid ***** was hiding under the bed. I had to poke her ass with a coat hanger to get her to come out! She tried to take off, so I grabbed her by the neck. Then, I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me. But it worked! I hauled her fat ass downstairs and threw her out into the back yard! She'd better not sh*t in the vegetable garden again!'

The silence in the cab was deafening.

Back